Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2012, 20:12   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Upgrading from Swift. Which Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post

I personally dont like the rear of the car, i feel it's a bit oddly shaped, plus it's a bit dated as well.
I had driven the car once, its was nice but nothing great about the car.
Somehow i just dont like it
Ritz is out, Punto you don't like, Swifts you already have, Polo D is a tractor (IMO), i20 you found over-priced and Figo you loved. So now where is the confusion?? Vista you don't want to consider because it is a Tata and Micra/ Pulse you haven't cared to include in your short-list. So technically, you have made your decision.

Best of luck with your buying process.
Old 1st May 2012, 20:16   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do drive the civic about once/twice a week.
its not just the running cost of the civic, it is also the size of the car.
All my traveling is in the city (including other members in the family), and finding a parking space is a big issue in Delhi. Moreover there are place where i just cant take the civic.

I personally dont like the rear of the car, i feel it's a bit oddly shaped, plus it's a bit dated as well.
I had driven the car once, its was nice but nothing great about the car.
Somehow i just dont like it

Actually as i mentioned i need a city car, I hardly use any highway.
For sure the Punto is a beautiful looking car but i found the interiors a bit dull, not so impressive and my heartbeat increases thinking about the A$$ and the TATA tag.
If you travel to extremely crowded areas, especially alone or with one passenger, then nothing beats the Alto K10.
- It is narrow so slides into parking slots others do not dare
- The best acceleration in its class. You can rev to 80+ in second, so overtaking in crowded areas is a breeze.
- Has excellent AC
- Gives decent FE with AC. I use it 90% for very short travel, 1/2 to 1 km segments, normally in second or at the most third and get about 11-12 with AC, an FE difficult to beat. In normal traffic FE is around 14 and on highway it gives 19+ with AC.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 20:18   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!!

Ritz is out, Punto you don't like, Swifts you already have, Polo D is a tractor (IMO), i20 you found over-priced and Figo you loved. So now where is the confusion?? Vista you don't want to consider because it is a Tata and Micra/ Pulse you haven't cared to include in your short-list. So technically, you have made your decision.

Best of luck with your buying process.
Hehehehe

Ya i have almost made a decision, but it is still not final.
Dad says, there is no match for a Maruti car when it comes to the After Sales Services.
He says, why not have a swift diesel instead.
He's even ok with the Ritz.
But then its just a thought.

As far as pulse or micra are concerned, is it just me who find's the central console ( The AC console) a bit oddly shaped ?

Looks like some kind of a flower

Grrrrr....

Just want to know, is the Fiat after sales so bad ?
And what about the resale ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy

If you travel to extremely crowded areas, especially alone or with one passenger, then nothing beats the Alto K10.
- It is narrow so slides into parking slots others do not dare
- The best acceleration in its class. You can rev to 80+ in second, so overtaking in crowded areas is a breeze.
- Has excellent AC
- Gives decent FE with AC. I use it 90% for very short travel, 1/2 to 1 km segments, normally in second or at the most third and get about 11-12 with AC, an FE difficult to beat. In normal traffic FE is around 14 and on highway it gives 19+ with AC.
I would be replacing my Santro, and look for an upgrade.
The alto k10 would be in the same segment.
I want a bigger engine, i mean something above the santro.

Once for get even that, i am looking for a diesel car and the Alto comes with a petrol engine. :(

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd August 2012 at 10:09. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:41   #229
BHPian

Quote:
I would be replacing my Santro, and look for an upgrade.
The alto k10 would be in the same segment.
I want a bigger engine, i mean something above the santro.

Once for get even that, i am looking for a diesel car and the Alto comes with a petrol engine. :(
Hey,

You have done a lot of research in Hatches.

Does any hatchback, apart from premium ones like mini, beetle, 500 etc, come with OEM leather seats?
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:13   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking

Hey,

Does any hatchback, apart from premium ones like mini, beetle, 500 etc, come with OEM leather seats?
At present you won't get any hatch with OEM leather seats, be it the new i20 or even the jazz.
however you can get OEM leather seat covers from the dealer.
VW coated me Rs.9000 for beige leather seat covers for the polo, but i was not impressed by the finish.

Sometimes the companies introduce various offers , like VW introducing the Polo IPL edition or the Polo Breeze in which you can get the leather seat covers, mind you not leather seats but seat covers.

I guess considering leather seats as one of the main criteria for buying a car is not justified.

Go for a car which actually appeals you, look at the specifications and the features which it has to offer, and you can always get leather seat covers fitted from outside.

These days you have a large variety to choose from and then get it fitted in "Bucket Finish".
The bucket finish gives u a perfect fit, and looks more like proper leather seats.
satyamkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:08   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hey,

Of all the cars Alto K10 has an option for Leather seats in their accessory catalog. But these are full seats, so I think you have to dispose off your old seats.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 18:35   #232
BHPian

Frankly what kind of terrific service does maruti offer? I have my share of complaints regarding the quality of their service on my Alto, its not just a specific service center. My dad and brother have their fair bit of problems with servicing in Mysore .

All im saying is, only thing positive about their servicing is a wide network. Quality of servicing is at best average to good.
Old 6th May 2012, 10:41   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Frankly what kind of terrific service does maruti offer? I have my share of complaints regarding the quality of their service on my Alto, its not just a specific service center. My dad and brother have their fair bit of problems with servicing in Mysore .

All im saying is, only thing positive about their servicing is a wide network. Quality of servicing is at best average to good.
As with every large organization, there are good and there are bad service centres. The best are run by Maruti themselves - Service Masters. Delhi has its excellent and really bad work shops, so you have to do a bit of research before settling on your regular service destination.

The good part is that there are a lot of Authorised Work Shops and Authorised Service Centres. Most of the time my experience has been that for service you go to the authorised service centres, generally attached to a petrol pump. As they are dependent on your custom,they are rarely bad, and most of the time excellent.
Old 21st June 2012, 22:26   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Hehehehe

Ya i have almost made a decision, but it is still not final.
Dad says, there is no match for a Maruti car when it comes to the After Sales Services.

As far as pulse or micra are concerned, is it just me who find's the central console ( The AC console) a bit oddly shaped ?

Looks like some kind of a flower

Grrrrr....

I am currently researching this topic and it seems Fiat resale is slightly lower than Maruti when it comes to diesel cars. However, Fiat is working overtime to improve things and have gone solo by divorcing Tata. They have already set up a Fiat exclusive showroom in Hyderabad and a couple of Fiat cafes. The A.S.S. could vary from dealer to dealer.
I also have a mixed response from Hyundai and Volkswagen owners at work about the A.S.S.

It would probably help if you list down the pros and cons of a few shortlisted cars after a test drive of each. People tend to generalize cars as good or bad based on factors that may not be relevant to them.
Old 1st July 2012, 16:43   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor

I am currently researching this topic and it seems Fiat resale is slightly lower than Maruti when it comes to diesel cars. However, Fiat is working overtime to improve things and have gone solo by divorcing Tata. They have already set up a Fiat exclusive showroom in Hyderabad and a couple of Fiat cafes. The A.S.S. could vary from dealer to dealer.
I also have a mixed response from Hyundai and Volkswagen owners at work about the A.S.S.

It would probably help if you list down the pros and cons of a few shortlisted cars after a test drive of each. People tend to generalize cars as good or bad based on factors that may not be relevant to them.
Sorry i couldn't reply you back, as i was occupied with my exams.

If a Hatch is what you looking for, then consider Swift and Jazz (if interested in a petrol car) at the top of the list.

I own a swift (new gen), its a wonderful car.
Its fun to drive, its smooth as butter, its a good handler and dont forget its a Maruti, so its gonna cost you less on the after sales plus there's no match to the service network.
Considering the 'Kitna deti hai' part, 15.6 kmpl is what i m getting from my Swift petrol after 8000 on the odo and 2 services.

Now coming to Jazz, first of all it's top a Japanese so it has one of the best engines in the world.
You gotta honda batch on it, so after sales would not be an issue.
It has a massive boot, it has good looks, but the only drawback is the price tag (in comparison with others).

Considering i20 as an option,
You'll be disappointed by the A/C
And the suspension of course.
Anything above 80 is scary.
Plus the spares and the servicing would cost you a big hole in the pocket.

Polo too is an option, but because of the 3 cylinders i'd rule it out.
It even lacks the fancy and the gadgetry as compared to others.
You can consider the 1.6 though.

All the above is my personal opinion from my experience with these cars, it might differ from person to person.
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:17   #236
BHPian

Fiat punto mjd is definitely a very good contender for your impending upgradation .
It has got loads and loads of features to entice any discerning auto enthusiast.
Moreover ,the after sales horror stories are more the negative publicity than the ground reality.
At least ,i have never had great trouble from my punto ,though i has been driven to places like Nainital (from Benaras),Nasik from Gorakhpur and Haridwar .
Its truly a fun to drive car as the high speed dyanamics is addictive .
Moreover
the 2012 ,punto with increased ground clearance and reduced turning ratio is definitely a good proposition .
I would have gone for it once again if my budget had permitted me
One thing more ,the drive for the dedicated fiat sales and service stations without the Tata Motors is a good development as this must translate into better after sales services
Go for a test drive and read all the ownerhip reviews to learn that Fiats punto suspension is simply awesome and can take any challenge thown to it without losing its cool.
Taking informed decisions makes one more attached to their cars as the whole buying process starting from the search for best suited vehicle would bring a learning trail leading to intelligent ownerhip
have fun
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:10   #237
BHPian

Thanks guys, I just took delivery of my Punto 90HP today. I may not sell the Swift ZDi as my brother is moving back to India and he can use it till he figures out what he intends to buy.
I am loving every minute on these 93 horses
Old 2nd July 2012, 20:15   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor
Can you post a small comparo between the ZDI and 90hp? From a city as well as a highway driving perspective
Old 2nd July 2012, 20:24   #239
Senior - BHPian

Hey kiddo, listen to your dad he is thinking in the right direction. Get the Swift diesel, I have driven it extensively and it is a very well balanced vehicle. Especially with the increased wheelbase and revised suspension it retains the fun quotient yet rides better and keeps passengers very comfortable. Now that the ZDi is also available you can get it with all of the bells and whistles.

Whatever you decide, do not let factors like leather seats etc clutter your mind, these are easily available in after market and you can get better quality at competitive pricing. Do not buy such stuff from the car dealer/showroom.

As for your query on the A.S.S. of Fiat, guess the post by Pedaltothefloor quoted below answers it best.

Quote:

Congratulations Pedaltothefloor, do point us towards your ownership thread and attach a snap or two of your ride here itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Thanks guys, I just took delivery of my Punto 90HP today. I may not sell the Swift ZDi as my brother is moving back to India and he can use it till he figures out what he intends to buy.
Old 3rd July 2012, 21:29   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj
Hey kiddo, listen to your dad he is thinking in the right direction. Get the Swift diesel, I have driven it extensively and it is a very well balanced vehicle. Especially with the increased wheelbase and revised suspension it retains the fun quotient yet rides better and keeps passengers very comfortable. Now that the ZDi is also available you can get it with all of the bells and whistles.

Whatever you decide, do not let factors like leather seats etc clutter your mind, these are easily available in after market and you can get better quality at competitive pricing. Do not buy such stuff from the car dealer/showroom.

As for your query on the A.S.S. of Fiat, guess the post by Pedaltothefloor quoted below answers it best.
If its was meant for me, then let me tell you
Dude i m already 20 !!

By the way when did i consider leather seat covers as a factor while buying a car, i was just putting my opinion on someone else's query.

I completely agree to your opinion on the swift.
It indeed is a great car to drive.
I presently own 2 of them

As of now i have put my decision on hold, and will consider a sedan in near future.
A Verna or a Rapid is whats on my mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks