Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2012, 11:03   #211

Re: Upgrading from Swift. Which Hatch?

Optimum choice would be to go for the Figo TDCI Titanium. Diesel makes more sense and Figo performs well enough to keep the smile intact.
Old 27th April 2012, 21:29   #212
BHPian

I got a quote for my santro as well from the ford guys, they are giving me 1.55 for it.
So its not much of a difference between the old swift and the santro.

I was thinking of selling of my santro and keep the swift.

Santro is a segment below the swift and the swift is better drive any day.

What say ?

And was confused between the figo diesel zxi and the titanium ?
Which one should i opt for ?
Old 27th April 2012, 22:39   #213
BHPian

You already have another swift! which is a better handler than the older one in my humble opinion. Why do you want both! Sell that and keep the santro.

But if I was you, I would sell both the petrols i.e. the older swift and the Santro and go for the Figo diesel. But thats just me
Old 27th April 2012, 22:56   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
I got a quote for my santro as well from the ford guys, they are giving me 1.55 for it.
So its not much of a difference between the old swift and the santro.

I was thinking of selling of my santro and keep the swift.

Santro is a segment below the swift and the swift is better drive any day.

What say ?

And was confused between the figo diesel zxi and the titanium ?
Which one should i opt for ?
No need to be confused, if you can afford to go for TITANIUM go for it.. Since it comes with Airbag and ABS which is a life saver in emergency situation. Also 2012 ZXI got some of its existing features stripped down by Ford, No electric ORVMs, No seat height adjust, No rear wipers. Plus TITANIUM comes with Alloys also.
Old 28th April 2012, 00:06   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome
You already have another swift! which is a better handler than the older one in my humble opinion. Why do you want both! Sell that and keep the santro.

But if I was you, I would sell both the petrols i.e. the older swift and the Santro and go for the Figo diesel. But thats just me
The old swift and the new swift are 2 completely different cars.
The feel while driving, the interiors , plus the old being a Lxi and the new one a Vxi there are a whole lot of differences between the two.

I cant sell of both the hatches. That would leave me with two hatches and i would have to use the civic as well for the daily use, because at present the civic stays at home and the others are used by me, my sis and my dad on a daily basis.
Old 28th April 2012, 00:42   #216
BHPian

Quote:
The feel while driving, the interiors , plus the old being a Lxi and the new one a Vxi there are a whole lot of differences between the two.
Even though I own a Figo myself and love its driving dynamics, I love Hyundai i20 more because it gives me the most premium feel among hatchbacks, second to none. I often wonder if Figo is really worth its dynamics and zero turbo-lag. Yes, i20 is overpriced, like you said but for me, the premium pricing of i20 is totally worth it!

But i20 is not without flaws. I guess you already know about its steering rattling problem, poor AC and obscene maintenance cost. If I would go with my heart, I would go with i20. If I use my head, I would go for Figo Titanium. Figo is already so cheap, so why not spend a few extra bucks to get Titanium for the safety, namely ABS + EBD? This will give me peace of mind.

As for other cars, it is hard to pick another car over i20 and Figo diesels. Hope this helps

Btw, I noticed that Shome above owns a Swift and yet says he would go for a Figo. I am a Figo owner and yet I say that I would go for i20
Old 28th April 2012, 03:17   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post

Btw, I noticed that Shome above owns a Swift and yet says he would go for a Figo. I am a Figo owner and yet I say that I would go for i20
Hey Devil....the only reason I suggested the Figo was because he already has a Swift. After the Swift, Figo is the best option available. I like cars with good dynamics and if Figo had a better engine, I probably would have bought that instead of the swift :P
Old 28th April 2012, 13:12   #218
BHPian

Figo is definitely at the top amongst its contenders..
Will have a word with dad for the titanium rather than the zxi.

Figo is simply has a distinct drive from the others, tested the polo the swift vdi even the fabia but there's none like the figo.

The only thing it lacks is the rear power windows, but thats a minor thing, one can live with it.

Heard about the poor headlights as well but i guess that can be take care of by an after market solution.
Just a thought, will upgrading the stock bulbs prove any good ?
Old 28th April 2012, 14:25   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Heard about the poor headlights as well but i guess that can be take care of by an after market solution.
Just a thought, will upgrading the stock bulbs prove any good ?
Fog lamps solve the problem. I guess Titanium comes with fog lamps so no need to worry about the headlights. The only aftermarket stuff I can think of is tyres. Mine came with MRF tyres. Though they are very tough but I would like quieter and grippier tyres. An international brand like Yokohama makes Figo even more comfy, silent and easy to push.
Old 28th April 2012, 17:09   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to replace one of the above cars, confused whether to replace the Old Swift Lxi or the Santro Xing.
Quote:
After getting done with the old car, which new car should i opt for ? Buy a petrol or a diesel ?
Well firstly, are you looking for an enthusiastic car or a regular city driving car?

Quote:
Next comes the Ford Figo diesel.
I had a smile on my face after i test drove it.
The TDCi has no lag, its a fun to drive car, happy with the way it handles and when it comes to the price its a total Value for money car. Well theres a lot already talked about the car on other threads so there is nothing much to say.
The Ford Figo is definitely a VFM choice but I personally did not like it. As far as I have heard, Ford's like all American cars are a bit expensive to mantain too. Unless, that has changed now like in the case of Skoda.

Quote:
Also visited the VW showroom for the Polo, the car indeed is a killer on looks, the inside too gives a nice feel over all.
Also did a test drive the car is a bit noisy thats what i felt.
You probably found the car noisy as it must have been the 1.2. It has a 3 cylinder engine so it is bound to be noisy. Try out the 1.6 too.

I chose it simply because of it's driving characteristics. Pure enthusiasts car!!

Quote:
The i-gen i20 is just too over priced. The punto is a great looking car but what puts me off is the TATA name attached to it and others at home are not keen on even having a look at it.
Agree on both counts!

Quote:
Had also thought about the fabia , but the experience i had at the showroom (the one at moti nagar) pissed me off.
there was no one to entertain me, i had to wait for about 15 mins for someone to attend me.
When i asked the guy to tell me more about the car, he replied " sir khud dekh lo aapke aage hi hai car".
Then i already have heard a lot about the skoda after sales, so the fabia is not something i am looking for.
Keep away. After sales service is still an issue here.

Quote:
The old swift and the new swift are 2 completely different cars.
If you go through my thread, I upgraded from a Swift and test drove most of the models mentioned here too and my first choice was the new 2011 Swift again, but I somehow didn't like it as compared to the old one. Felt much smaller and didn't really find it an upgrade as nothing much had changed in the new model.

But the Polo 1.6 just blew me away on its looks, power and mainly quality! Yes it is pretty overpriced and I was probably lucky to get good discounts on it so it ended up being priced just 20k more than the Swift Zxi so it was totally worth it for me.

However, other than the price, the main turing point was the 6 year anti corrosion warranty offered by VW and by no other manufacturer I know. I had alot of issues with corrosion on my Swift.
Old 29th April 2012, 01:13   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Fog lamps solve the problem. I guess Titanium comes with fog lamps so no need to worry about the headlights. The only aftermarket stuff I can think of is tyres. Mine came with MRF tyres. Though they are very tough but I would like quieter and grippier tyres. An international brand like Yokohama makes Figo even more comfy, silent and easy to push.
Even though I own a Figo myself and love its driving dynamics, I love Hyundai i20 more because it gives me the most premium feel among hatchbacks, second to none. I often wonder if Figo is really worth its dynamics and zero turbo-lag. Yes, i20 is overpriced, like you said but for me, the premium pricing of i20 is totally worth it!
Read in some thread that even the OEM fog lamps from ford are not that effective. Well that's completely a secondary thing and can be sorted out for sure once i personally experience it.

I like the i20 on the looks, the interiors are definitely class apart.
but the car is just out of my budget, as i m looking for a diesel and that would cost me above 7-8L on road delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Well firstly, are you looking for an enthusiastic car or a regular city driving car?
Well i do dont know
i want something in between both of these.
i am not one of those, who'll get a tuning box for the car, but am certainly not the one who's happy with what ever he gets to drive.
i love to drive, and i need a car which is fun on the roads.
The handling, the control, the pickup, the breaking and the "SPEED".
In short i want an all rounder.
Confused..

Quote:
Ford's like all American cars are a bit expensive to mantain too. Unless, that has changed now like in the case of Skoda.
The representative at ford told me that, they have now started manufacturing parts in india itself instead of importing them and that has reduced the cost of maintenance.

Quote:
You probably found the car noisy as it must have been the 1.2. It has a 3 cylinder engine so it is bound to be noisy. Try out the 1.6 too.
The 1.6 has a petrol engine i guess.
i am presently looking for a diesel option right now, and the polo diesel didn't impress me much with it's engine.

Quote:
my first choice was the new 2011 Swift again, but I somehow didn't like it as compared to the old one. Felt much smaller and didn't really find it an upgrade as nothing much had changed in the new model.
I don't know but somehow i am happy with both my swifts, both of them seem to 2 different cars for me and give me a different experience.
If i didn't have the swift Vxi already, i would thought for the Vdi instead of the Figo.
But now its a different story, i dont want to have a Swift garage in my house having 3 of them (if i get a diesel as well). lol
Old 29th April 2012, 11:15   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But now its a different story, i dont want to have a Swift garage in my house having 3 of them (if i get a diesel as well). lol
Actually it is not a bad idea

Seriously, I would get rid of both the older cars and get a new one. If you consider the overheads of keeping a spare car, it is better to dispense with them and drive the Civic regularly.
Old 29th April 2012, 13:12   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well i do dont know
i want something in between both of these.
i am not one of those, who'll get a tuning box for the car, but am certainly not the one who's happy with what ever he gets to drive.
i love to drive, and i need a car which is fun on the roads.
The handling, the control, the pickup, the breaking and the "SPEED".
In short i want an all rounder.
Confused..
l
Just get the Ritz VDi and end your confusion. It is like your beloved Swift but is not a Swift. It handles well (not Figo or Punto well but well), has a tried and tested DDiS motor, decent equipment and adequate room inside. Moreover you get the Maruti Service advantage and that should be a good enough reason for you to get over the rear look of the car.
Old 29th April 2012, 13:35   #224
BHPian

I would encourage you to TD the Fiat Punto 90 HP. If you were happy with your Swift, it's the same engine that does duty there; only this time it's 15 more horses and variable geometry. Plus, notice that there is zero body roll and the ride and handling is the same at 40 or 140 KMPH. However, if you crave extreme initial acceleration; the Punto is not a straight line performer in the 1st and 2nd gear due to an outdated gearbox. But if you are a highway star, it doesn't get better than this.
Old 1st May 2012, 20:01   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Actually it is not a bad idea

Seriously, I would get rid of both the older cars and get a new one. If you consider the overheads of keeping a spare car, it is better to dispense with them and drive the Civic regularly.
I do drive the civic about once/twice a week.
its not just the running cost of the civic, it is also the size of the car.
All my traveling is in the city (including other members in the family), and finding a parking space is a big issue in Delhi. Moreover there are place where i just cant take the civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Just get the Ritz VDi and end your confusion. It is like your beloved Swift but is not a Swift. It handles well (not Figo or Punto well but well), has a tried and tested DDiS motor, decent equipment and adequate room inside. Moreover you get the Maruti Service advantage and that should be a good enough reason for you to get over the rear look of the car.
I personally dont like the rear of the car, i feel it's a bit oddly shaped, plus it's a bit dated as well.
I had driven the car once, its was nice but nothing great about the car.
Somehow i just dont like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
I would encourage you to TD the Fiat Punto 90 HP. If you were happy with your Swift, it's the same engine that does duty there; only this time it's 15 more horses and variable geometry. Plus, notice that there is zero body roll and the ride and handling is the same at 40 or 140 KMPH. However, if you crave extreme initial acceleration; the Punto is not a straight line performer in the 1st and 2nd gear due to an outdated gearbox. But if you are a highway star, it doesn't get better than this.
Actually as i mentioned i need a city car, I hardly use any highway.
For sure the Punto is a beautiful looking car but i found the interiors a bit dull, not so impressive and my heartbeat increases thinking about the A$$ and the TATA tag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks