Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2017, 11:37   #331
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
attaching a screenshot of the email they sent.
The morons don't know the first rule of business law - NEVER sue your customer, especially when you're at fault (by providing the fake service).

Do PM me if they send you a legal notice. Team-BHP is with you on this. A new thread will go up, and hundreds of BHPians will ensure that there are hundreds of copies of this video on YouTube & Facebook.
GTO is offline   (120) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 18:36   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Do PM me if they send you a legal notice. Team-BHP is with you on this. A new thread will go up, and hundreds of BHPians will ensure that there are hundreds of copies of this video on YouTube & Facebook.
Well if the dealer is reading this, then mind it, your doors for hell has just broken loose! Choose your path carefully

GTO sir, salute for this comment
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 18:55   #333
BHPian

Hi

MSIL and Mondovi should better know, realise, understand and fully comprehend what this means. This means they have been caught on the wrong foot and there is clinching evidence which is already hurting their brand.

A couple of years ago National Geographic had observed a fake photo and questioned the photographer who is from Indonesia. The person did not respond. Eventually Nat Geo experts determined the photo was doctored. However, they decided to keep it (and with it the more than 4500 comments. The reason Nat Geo mentioned was people should learn from it. The photo subsequently made to hundreds of other forums.

Point is situations happen, there is no rolling back the clock. Our firm works in crisis management and we see situations on a daily basis.

Over the years these ratings 1-10, customer feedback etc - has been built in and lots of customers have written about bad experiences across multiple forums.

Perhaps this instance will also bring about some change and to my mind a movement towards more accountability and greater transparency - which we as the customer want and demand.

There are two ways this can go from here -

One - I am sure MSIL, Mondovi don't realise that you alone withdrawing a youtube video (as of now some 791k views) still does not get them the result they want. That result would best come when MSIL and Mondovi is able to publicly acknowledge mistake, show steps that have been taken to fix and a measure of which can be taken by the next customers. Ultimately nothing bigger than salvaging the situation, learning from it, ensuring process steps abc are taken, bringing in validation of and transparency by the customer.

Two - Trying to target a customer will fall flat. I mean this can really boomerang on MSIL and Mondovi. A few junior enough heads would have rolled already but thats not the point. A customer is a customer. He has been cheated and upon that to try to threaten him with some letter from a lawyer who probably does not even know the ecosystem is further damaging their cause. Whats the outcome you would prefer. You need not respond or write that here. Thats a choice you make after speaking to your advisors. PM any of us and we too have an opinion in this.

If MSIL is reading this...the community is showing a way that can be taken to gracefully manage this situation.

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Rajain : 21st October 2017 at 18:57.
Rajain is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 08:53   #334
Senior - BHPian

All good things have to end one day, Maruti have been lucky enough to sell outdated cars in India. No offense to Maruti loyalists, if they drag this incident and try to penalise a genuine customer, it will start the fall of their dominance in their only market.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 09:44   #335
BHPian

I have always been disappointed with the service of my Maruti A-Star v/s the service of my Honda City. Time and again, I've felt that there was nothing done during servicing and this video proves what me any many others have suspected.

When people tell me that Maruti means "peace of mind", I wonder just what is the basis of that statement. Cheap service costs do not necessarily mean satisfaction in service. And the servicing bill of my maruti vehicle is actually more than that of my honda vehicle!!

Is it so shocking to see that they did not even check the engine oil level. It's a poor state of the auto service industry of the leading auto manufacturer in the country.
sydras is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:01   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

This video has become so popular all over social media. All the Maruti service centres are aware of this. As per my sources, they have not got any official circular / notice regarding this incident. But, most of the insiders in Maruti do say that the said dealer would be punished and the people responsible would also lose their jobs.

Somewhere in India (a very small town)

Customer : I have seen in FB, Youtube that Maruti service centre doesn't service the cars and only wash it. How would I know if my car is serviced?

Works Manager : You can sit in the lounge and watch the car. Also we can provide CCTV footage if requested.

Customer : Thank you!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:16   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Whats the outcome you would prefer. You need not respond or write that here. Thats a choice you make after speaking to your advisors. PM any of us and we too have an opinion in this.
I don't think AK ROG would've thought about the end result when he started the thread, but probably the time has come now as you suggested. I'm sure MSIL is also silently following this thread, and I won't be surprised if they come up with solutions which are most suggested here!

Also, AK ROG, did you not mail/tweet Maruti directly? I might have missed that part in the long thread. You might as well post a screenshot of the mail you sent MSIL here, highlighting the fact that they didn't bother to reply.

As GTO said, no matter what, you have the full support of he community till we reach satisfactory closure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

Somewhere in India (a very small town)

Customer : I have seen in FB, Youtube that Maruti service centre doesn't service the cars and only wash it. How would I know if my car is serviced?

Works Manager : You can sit in the lounge and watch the car. Also we can provide CCTV footage if requested.

Customer : Thank you!!
I would prefer this response from the SA:

"You may sit in the lounge and watch the car, sir. Also, we have live CCTV feeds running on the monitors in the lounge!"

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 22nd October 2017 at 10:20.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 14:35   #338
BHPian

Hey ROG_AK,

Any update? It's been some time since you updated the forum
namanchaudhary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 18:10   #339
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A news channel reached out, wanting to interview ROG_AK. Have connected the two of them. ROG_AK will share the video once it's live.

This fake service has also been brought to the notice of the Maruti Chairman, I'm told.
GTO is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 18:56   #340
BHPian

Quote:

This fake service has also been brought to the notice of the Maruti Chairman, I'm told.
And can we expect a response from the top brass soon? Frankly, the silence from RS Kalsi and the other heads at MSIL has been deafening. Something that's unbecoming of India's top car seller.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 20:38   #341
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ROG_AK will share the video once it's live.
Apparently going to be streamed tonight past 9 pm. Can watch it at this link.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 21:26   #342
BHPian

Seriously, this is one crazy coverage from media. I wonder whether it's in some way possible that competitor manufacturers are pushing these media houses to give more coverage possible just to malign Maruti as much as possible.

Now that we think of it, considering what all Skoda owners have gone through, this case of fake service is nothing in comparison of Skoda horror stories and yet not even a single media/website bothered to write about it. Probably because Skodas' abysmal small sales number do not bother the other manufacturers?
Old 22nd October 2017, 21:55   #343
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The good news - that's our man ROG_AK:
Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-20171022-21.48.19.jpg

The bad news: No mention of Maruti or Mandovi Motors! They went so far as to blur the entire video to hide the fact that it's a Maruti workshop

What a waste of time. This is how the 'journalism' industry spins.
GTO is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 22:12   #344
Senior - BHPian

I have a slightly different take on this matter.

Is it legal to video shoot the interior of a workplace without due authorization form the owner of the premises? In most premises this would be prohibited.

The channel may not want to risk legal hassles themselves by showing the complete video, or name the dealer or manufacturer without knowing their side of the story and of course if they piss off Maruti, that might affect the ad revenues.
honeybee is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 22:13   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The bad news: No mention of Maruti or Mandovi Motors! They went so far as to blur the entire video to hide the fact that it's a Maruti workshop
What a waste of time. This is how the 'journalism' industry spins.
Seriously, was disappointed to see how they tried to hide Maruti's identity. They also went to report that the company has apologised.
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks