Team-BHP - Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/22980-maruti-swift-servicing-20-000-km-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik51094 (Post 3847791)
just got my swift zxi serviced at JKS, Coimbatore (2 year 20k service but the car has run only 5k kms ).

This is simply a case of either a fishy service center of a greedy SA.

Now first of all, why did you took your car to MASS on 26/7/2015. That was completely unnecessary!
Your car is required to be serviced at 12 months or 10k kms whichever is earlier.

Now coming to the 20k service.
These items are a total rip off:

Rust Removal Spray : 370
Misc Item (Seriously, what the hell is this?) : 114
Battery charging : 150
Tech 2/SDT Parametre checking : 150
Front Coil spring kit + Rear coil spring replacement: 103 + 200
(Firstly this should have been changed under warranty and secondly if he has charged you for the part, which is 'front coil spring', then why the labor charges are for the Rear coil spring replacement?)
Cabin Air Filter : 330
(There is no way that the filter got dirty in just 5 months and mere 800 kms.)
As for the distilled water, they might have put it in the winshield washer fluid and some distilled water is also mixed with coolant. So that is okay.

Raise a concern for these things to the MASS and if they give no proper response then register your complaint to Maruti Helpline.

Also from next time, ask them to return you the old parts and strictly adhere to the service manual for service duration as well as for jobs to carry during a service.

Quote:

1. Cabin air filter

This is changed if asked by the customer and they have a specific schedule of 1 year or so that it is changed irrespective of how the car is driven or how the car is parked or how much the car has clocked since the last service. Not an issue BUT you should have objected and demanded the older filter and if you had found it clean then you could have denied payment.

Quote:

2. anti rust spray

This is a rip-off.

Quote:

3. Distilled water

Lol! In all my services done till date (5K, 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K) - I have been charged Rs 13.10 except during the 40K service where they used up 4 litres and charged me 52 bucks. Since the amount was small I didn't object as the earlier times they used only 1 litre.

Quote:

4. screen wash concentrate - 4 packets!

I am always billed 2 or 3 packets excluding the one added in the screen wash tank. They keep the extra 2 or 3 sachets in the glove box for future usage. Till the last service I used to get them but here on I will stop as I have bought a screen wash concentrate so will be using that instead of the MGP one.

Quote:

5. engine oil - Can someone please tell me which of these is the proper recommended grade?

Look at the image below take from the Swift Owners manual:

The grey one is the preferred oil for the engine:

Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM-engine-oil.jpg

1) Petrol Engine (K12M): 5W30 or 0W20 - Either of them can be used.

2) Diesel Engine (D13A): Of the three oils specified - 15W40; 5W40 or 5W30 where the preferred one in case of diesel engine is 5W30.

As per the manual anyone of the grade used isn't an issue so nothing to worry in your case. It depends on what oil the ASC is stocking at that period depending on the availability, movement; commission etc the stocks, manufacturers change.

In my case, when I give my car for service which is every 3 months Once shell helix was used, the other time Mobil was used. So it unpredictable and best left to them.

Quote:

6. Rear coil spring and front coil spring kit

Look at the image below taken from the parts manual of the Swift:

Front Suspension:
Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM-front-suspension.jpg

Rear Suspension:
Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM-rear-suspension.jpg

Of them all, the nearest matching name is the labelled in yellow colour. Seeing the picture, I don't think the spring would have been changed as it is a short distance your car has travelled for the spring to go kaput.

PS: Not sure of it. Do verify with the ASC for a better idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlocked (Post 3847808)
Now first of all, why did you took your car to MASS on 26/7/2015. That was completely unnecessary!
Your car is required to be serviced at 12 months or 10k kms whichever is earlier.

The car was bought in july and hence the 26/7 service. We didn't change the engine oil then as the running was too low and hence gave it for a service during a offer camp. Recently got a call from MASS saying that if the engine oil isn't replaced soon, our car's warranty will be void! :Shockked:Is it right of them to claim like this?

Quote:

Now coming to the 20k service.
These items are a total rip off:

Rust Removal Spray : 370
Misc Item (Seriously, what the hell is this?) : 114
Battery charging : 150
Tech 2/SDT Parametre checking : 150
Front Coil spring kit + Rear coil spring replacement: 103 + 200
(Firstly this should have been changed under warranty and secondly if he has charged you for the part, which is 'front coil spring', then why the labor charges are for the Rear coil spring replacement?)
Cabin Air Filter : 330
(There is no way that the filter got dirty in just 5 months and mere 800 kms.)

As for the distilled water, they might have put it in the winshield washer fluid and some distilled water is also mixed with coolant. So that is okay.

i feel so stupid giving in to such things! :Frustrati will be more careful the next time! thanks for the heads up.

Quote:

Raise a concern for these things to the MASS and if they give no proper response then register your complaint to Maruti Helpline.

I've already paid and don't want to fight for it now. Will make sure i ain't taken for a ride next time onwards.

Quote:

Also from next time, ask them to return you the old parts and strictly adhere to the service manual for service duration as well as for jobs to carry during a service.

Once a cabin air filter was returned and another time, they gave 2 sachets of windscreen fluid. Apart from this, nothing else except the bill! Guess, i need to learn a lot from now. Ah, what would i do without team-bhp and people like you! Thank you. Thanks a lot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3847854)
This is changed if asked by the customer and they have a specific schedule of 1 year or so that it is changed irrespective of how the car is driven or how the car is parked or how much the car has clocked since the last service. Not an issue BUT you should have objected and demanded the older filter and if you had found it clean then you could have denied payment.

I got it back during some service but i forgot to ask for it this time. They kinda delayed the service and i had to rush back home.

Quote:

Look at the image below take from the Swift Owners manual:

1) Petrol Engine (K12M): 5W30 or 0W20 - Either of them can be used.

2) Diesel Engine (D13A): Of the three oils specified - 15W40; 5W40 or 5W30 where the preferred one in case of diesel engine is 5W30.

As per the manual anyone of the grade used isn't an issue so nothing to worry in your case. It depends on what oil the ASC is stocking at that period depending on the availability, movement; commission etc the stocks, manufacturers change.

That solves it then. Thanks for the information

Quote:

Look at the image below taken from the parts manual of the Swift:

Of them all, the nearest matching name is the labelled in yellow colour. Seeing the picture, I don't think the spring would have been changed as it is a short distance your car has travelled for the spring to go kaput.
PS: Not sure of it. Do verify with the ASC for a better idea.

The SA told me it's some hose that connects/goes alongside the coil spring. Didn't know it was the spring itself! I'm damn sure he didn't change it as with such a running mostly in very good roads, it couldn't have been damaged this easily. What's more, never has the car been overloaded with more than 4 passengers (none overweight!). And, the suspensions were perfectly fine! Need to be very careful next time onwards. Thanks a lot for this information.

I clicked these pics at the service centre. Might be useful for people here:

Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM-p_20151114_183503.jpg

Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM-p_20151114_184638.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik51094 (Post 3848205)
Recently got a call from MASS saying that if the engine oil isn't replaced soon, our car's warranty will be void! :Shockked:Is it right of them to claim like this?

This is outright fleecing. If you are technically strong, you can do it yourself and will understand this is just snake oil marketing tactic. But they do this to corner customer. Even if the engine fails on the same day of oil change, MASS will put blame on you. The best option is to befriend the SA and check if he/she can help you pour in brand of your choice. Or, the best option to play safe is to go for mineral oil (cheap) and then change it immediately when you are out of the MASS. You can actually sell the mineral oil to the guys changing it for the labor cost/minimal cost.

Remember, synth/mineral all look same when they are fresh out of bottle. So, use your wise judgement about oil change period and brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prithm (Post 3879109)
Or, the best option to play safe is to go for mineral oil (cheap) and then change it immediately when you are out of the MASS.

Actually, the engine oil has always been replaced with mineral oil and not synthetic oil. Our usage is very low - 2.5 year car with 5.5k on the odo :deadhorse. Just didn't feel synthetic oil was worth the premium (It is almost 2-2.5X the cost of mineral oil).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik51094 (Post 3879125)
Actually, the engine oil has always been replaced with mineral oil and not synthetic oil. Our usage is very low - 2.5 year car with 5.5k on the odo :deadhorse. Just didn't feel synthetic oil was worth the premium (It is almost 2-2.5X the cost of mineral oil).

I am not an advocate for synth, but after doing my own research I am convinced of its properties and benefits.

Synthetic and Minerals have their own limitations and benefits. The main Achilles heel is the Cost. Mineral is always the favorite of people who want operational costs to be bare minimum, but to serious enthusiasts synths are the gifts they have been waiting for.

The major benefit you will realize is that Synth helps your vehicle run cooler, smoother and has longer drain interval. Vibrations will reduce significantly and the sheer pleasure of consistent performance outweighs every thought against steep cost.

You decide according to your requirement and needs. If your vehicle will stand for long period of time, then go for synth. If you are cost conscious then go for mineral.

Hi all.
Today I dropped my Celerio vxi CNG for servicing at S.K. Wheels MAruti authorised service centre in Navi Mumbai for periodic 30k kms paid service. The odometer reading is 29k and the last time I serviced for 20k was in January. The car has done some highway running and some bad stretches of road recently (I dint give all these minor details regarding running conditions to the SA).

The SA gave me an approximate estimate which seems to be way high than what I had thought of. Following are the details.

1. 30k paid service charges - Rs. 1550/- (labour)
2. Replace engine oil and oil filter - Rs. 1400/- (parts)
3. Oil flush - Rs. 780/- (parts)
4. Consumables (greasing etc.) - Rs. 200/- (labour)
5. Calibration and electrical system check up - Rs. 350/- (labour)
6. Brakes service (brake pads, liner, disc etc.) - Rs. 100/- (parts) + Rs. 950/- (labour)
7. Wheel alignment - Rs. 400/- (labour)
8. Wheel balancing - Rs. 250/- (parts) + Rs. 400/- (labour)
9. Tyre rotation - Rs. 210/- (labour)
10. AC blower cleaning - Rs. 350/- (labour)
11. AC disinfection - Rs. 780/- (parts)
12. AC filter - Rs. 400/- (parts)
13. Service plus - Rs. 400/- (parts) - I dint really understand what this is for??

Total approximate estimate - Rs. 9736/- (including 13.5% tax on parts and 15% tax on labour)

I dint object to the wheel alignment and balancing thing as I feel a slight pull to the left when the car runs. The AC was never serviced before so I dint really oppose that as well. I requested SA to check the brakes as there is a slight squeaking noise especially after a cold start and on neutral gear, not under engine braking (this noise has developed recently). I requested SA to check music system and speaker wiring as the volume increases/decreases automatically when the car goes over a bump/rough patch of road.

Is this service cost really justified? I have a feeling that the service centre maybe over charging in some aspects. Suggestions most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ar.abc (Post 4117371)

3. Oil flush - Rs. 780/- (parts)
5. Calibration and electrical system check up - Rs. 350/- (labour)
6. Brakes service (brake pads, liner, disc etc.) - Rs. 100/- (parts) + Rs. 950/- (labour)
10. AC blower cleaning - Rs. 350/- (labour)
11. AC disinfection - Rs. 780/- (parts)
13. Service plus - Rs. 400/- (parts) - I dint really understand what this is for??

These are the items that could be definitely avoided. The SA is taking you for a ride. Brakes service can be given benefit of doubt to some extent. But still, at least Rs 2500 worth of unnecessary stuff has been added. Wheel alignment/balancing/rotation could be done outside the service center at lesser cost.