Team-BHP - Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/22980-maruti-swift-servicing-20-000-km-5.html)

What is this PUC (400 Rs) ? Any ideas?
Upholestry Clean up Rs.900 :-)
Wheel alignment and Balancing Rs.3,000.This is crazy man.I think you should take them to court.Now place charges Rs.3000.Is this some kind of error?

Can anyone please tell me about "Engine flush".Is this really necessary for engine.Does that make any difference?

Ac gas filling is not Rs.2500/- anywhere.This for full Ac Service.And i am sure this is done,if normal checkup or gas top doesnt make any difference.I mean when there is not cooling i suppose :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by binoyjude (Post 1243678)
What is this PUC (400 Rs) ? Any ideas?
Upholestry Clean up Rs.900 :-)
Wheel alignment and Balancing Rs.3,000.This is crazy man.I think you should take them to court.Now place charges Rs.3000.Is this some kind of error?

Can anyone please tell me about "Engine flush".Is this really necessary for engine.Does that make any difference?

Ac gas filling is not Rs.2500/- anywhere.This for full Ac Service.And i am sure this is done,if normal checkup or gas top doesnt make any difference.I mean when there is not cooling i suppose :)

PUC is pollution under control. Its a test carried out to check the emissions of your car like carbondioxide,monoxide bla bla are in limits.

Engine flush is not required.Just change over to new oil and oil filter at 20000. Thats it.

No where PUC is charged Rs.900,I am sure,unless this is like to PUC.I paid only Rs.45 for 3 months And i think that as per Govt. norms.I think this PUC is somthing different??

I got the emission test done for 60 bucks. And about the engine flushing, as other have mentioned, it's not required if you sticking to mineral oil.

I got the flushing done only because I had to change over to synthetic oil.

Better luck next time.

Hey,
whats the difference between mineral oil and synthetic oil ?stupid:

Which is better mineral oil and synthetic oil ? i dont check this while oil change?Can any one tell me what i should be looking for?

Binoy, this will help

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html

I was charged 5000 for 20K service for my VDi last year by Pratham Motors, and now it's already ready for the 30K service! Will most probably give it tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushubh (Post 409522)
Here are some details from the paper I got…

Oil and oil filter change: 650+340
Wheel Balancing: 250+80
Spark plug change: 230
Fuel injector cleaning: 400
Coolant change: 250
Brake oil change: 110
Transmission oil change: 650+310
Caliper pin lubrication: 220
Engine flushing: 650
Paid service: 700

Rough total comes to: 4840

Estimated cost given to me: 2800+2600 = 5400!

Oil and oil filter change: 650+340 - This is OK
Wheel Balancing: 250+80 - You could have managed to get it done from a reputed tyre shop in your city for half the price...
Spark plug change: 230 - No Idea about the cost.
Fuel injector cleaning: 400 -No Idea about the cost.
Coolant change: 250 - This is ok.
Brake oil change: 110 - This is ok.
Transmission oil change: 650+310 - This seems to be on the higher side.
Caliper pin lubrication: 220 - You've been royally ripped on this...
Engine flushing: 650 - You've been royally ripped on this, a good engine flush comes for 150-170 Rs and it's a child's play to flush the engine.
Paid service: 700 - AFAIK - M.A.S.S charges 650 for the Paid service for Swift.

And yes Swift Service Manual recommends these changes at 20K. I'm wondering why Air Filter was not replaced...

I just gave my car for servicing in the morning today at Sai Service, Andheri. The guy there told me to get the wheel alignment done as it is already 20,000 kilometers. And the charges were the same - atrocious 1400 bucks for wheel alignment. However, I had gone in better informed after reading through this forum. I told him that it will cost one-thirds outside and he seemed to agree. He said that I should get it done from outside.

Btw, the standard service charges are Rs. 835 now. This is inclusive of taxes. I have some soft humming sound coming from the rear and the service guy said that it could be because of some bearing problem in the rear. He has given me a quote of Rs. 1400 for checking and replacing the same, including labor. I do not know whether this will get done or they are just fooling me, but I have given it a go since monsoons are coming as well and I do not want this problem to sustain.

All other 20k km changes, such as oil change, etc., are going to be charged Rs. 3100 extra. Please note that this does not include wheel alignment or air filter replacement. He said that he will clean it but replacement is at 40000 km. Strangely, I had the service manual with me and it recommends getting the filter changed at 20000 km.

Anyways, dealing with these guys at Sai Service is always an unpleasant experience as they are always looking for ways to make more money. I will pick up my car in evening and give you a breakdown of how much they charged across different things.

Btw, the guy even had the audacity to tell me that I had spent 6 lacs on the Maruti Swift car ... so how would one or two thousand here and there on service matter. Just imagine!! :-))

I got my Swift petrol serviced atIndus Cochin couple of months back; 20000 Km one. I was billed to about 4.2K. Engine/Gear oil and Coolant changed, Spark plugs replaced. Wheel balancing alignment got done as Insurance renewal freebie.

Before going through this thread, I thought Bimal Whitefield was trying to rip me off when they quoted an estimate of Rs.5600 this morning for the 40K servicing of my Swift VXi. Amongst the major components are all the fluid changes (engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, etc.), replacement of the spark plugs, wheel balancing and alignment, etc.

The initial estimate given to me was Rs.6900 including an engine flush which I promptly turned down as they had already flushed the engine during the last service (33K), and it did not cost as much as 1300 bucks. In fact the service advisor was also too eager to change the front discs after I complained of some brake noise.

However, 5600 bucks still seems on the higher side given the fact that I have never spent more than Rs.3500 - 4000 on servicing, even during the 20,000km one. Has the cost of labour / consumables really gone up this much over the last few months?

Just left my Swift-Vxi (2008) for 4th service. My yearly run is around 4500kms

Kms done till date: 9737

Here is the tentative service cost given

1. Paid service : Rs 835
2. Wheel Rotation + balancing + alignment : Rs 550
3. Weights for wheel bal and align: Rs 100
4. Consumables : Rs 150
5. Engine oil + Coolant + Break oil + Gear oil : Rs 2400

The service adviser said that there is no need to change the spark plug now. Will update when I get the complete bill.
Does the prices sound fair?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajakumar (Post 1950194)
Just left my Swift-Vxi (2008) for 4th service. My yearly run is around 4500kms

Got back the car. Service bill came to Rs 4052/=

@rajakumar, kms done is under 10K and that might be the reason spark plug is not changed.
BTW, why did you not wait till 20K is complete for 4th service?