Team-BHP - Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/22980-maruti-swift-servicing-20-000-km-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 412349)
My friend told me his brother paid 3,800 rs for 20,000km paid service last week in Mysore.

3800 is not all that expensive especially if its a one-time job by Maruti during the 4th service. We'll need to see the service bill from the 5th service onwards

Judging from Shusubh's list:

Quote:

Here are some details from the paper I got…

Oil and oil filter change: 650+340
Wheel Balancing: 250+80
Spark plug change: 230
Fuel injector cleaning: 400
Coolant change: 250
Brake oil change: 110
Transmission oil change: 650+310
Caliper pin lubrication: 220
Engine flushing: 650
Paid service: 700
None of these will be a repeatable service item during the next service onwards. Altho that "discount" is non-standard and warrants a call to Maruti

220 buks for calliper pin lubrication!!! I'd say Rs. 50 is steep! and i guess it is included in regular servicing.. Calliper pin replacement costs Rs. 70 or something for the baleno (I think, not too sure)
Coolant Change - Steep!
Wheel Balancing - Ok (if it includes alignment which i think it does)

the rest of the prices seem fine, except for labour, I think you should get a good wrapo with the service advisor, as the labour rates are in his hands (this information was passed on to me by a reliable source, so I'm sure about it) negociate hard with labour rates.. work out a discount scheme for spares.. they usually give 10% labour discount and 5% spares discount.. i guess you can still work harder on discounts...

cheers!

Ok guys. Brace your seat belts. This is the job card estimate which came for my Swift Vxi 20k servicing at Sai Service, Andheri (E), Western Express today (Oct 21)

Paid Service - 700
Wheel Alignment + Balancing - 1400
Brake Cleaning - 570 (I requested it. Horrible noise in the front discs)
Injector Cleaning - 1200
Carbon Cleaning - 1850
Engine Oil + Gear Oil +Additive for Engine Oil + Gear Oil} 2800+950
One Wiper Blade replacement - 200
Rear Door Both Side Packing - Free

Comes to 9670 + 2% for Credit Cards.

I fell out of my chair when this was read out to me. Told them to cancel everything except the Rs.700 servicing charges/Carbon Cleaning/Brake Cleaning/Wiper Replacement. Touches 3320. With Balancing/Alignment/Oil Top ups should cost about 1-1.2 k max in a local garage.

Would be great if you could direct me to a good private garage in Andheri East for oil top ups/alignment+balancing..

Hi,

> Paid Service - 700

This should be standard in a service centre.

> Wheel Alignment + Balancing - 1400

Joke.

> Injector Cleaning - 1200
> Carbon Cleaning - 1850

I doubt these are standard service requirements.

> Engine Oil + Gear Oil +Additive for Engine Oil + Gear Oil} 2800+950

The additives are all dealer recommended! Even the oil charges seem excessive.

my replies in bold
Quote:

Originally Posted by d_himan (Post 1023481)
Ok guys. Brace your seat belts. This is the job card estimate which came for my Swift Vxi 20k servicing at Sai Service, Andheri (E), Western Express today (Oct 21)

Paid Service - 700[b]ok[/]
Wheel Alignment + Balancing - 1400 toooo expensive,in delhi it will cost you maximum 250 for alignment and another 200 for balancing.this can be left out
Brake Cleaning - 570 (I requested it. Horrible noise in the front discs) you need to check this with other dealers
Injector Cleaning - 1200 check this also,does not cost much for baleno
Carbon Cleaning - 1850 what is "carbon cleaning",i dont think it is required
Engine Oil + Gear Oil +Additive for Engine Oil + Gear Oil} 2800+950 need a proper breakup
One Wiper Blade replacement - 200
Rear Door Both Side Packing - Free why is this required ,what exactly is done in this

i think you should ask them to do a regular service i.e all the oil change+parts required.alignment and other stuff can be done from outside.the regular service should be roughly around 3-3.5k.

@d himan: These figures are prohibitively expensive.. I recently got my paid service at 30K kms done and I had to pay only Rs 3300/- total for:

Engine Oil / oil filter replacement, engine oil additive
Airfilter relpacement
New spark plugs
Fuel filter replacement
Complete wash & vacuuming
Tire rotation
Break fluid replacement , bleeding
Break pads replacement
Coolant flush / replacement

plus other routine checks part of the regular service.

Our Zxi is yet to get a paid service done, so no idea about service costs for the Swift.

BTW, the 20K service for the Baleno cost me Rs.2919 of which labour was Rs1050 (including Rs300 for brake cleaning), consumables cost Rs1546 and tax being Rs323.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
Also, try a "honest to customer" workshop will let the owner stay near the car when its being serviced. The Imbeciles at Ford dont let me do that. I dont Maruti lets that either.

@nitrous, I think it varies from service centre to service centre. At ABT Arumbakkam (MSIL service centre), you can park yourself alongside your car while it is being serviced. They don't have any issues.

I do agree with Jaggu about the tactics of Popular Automobiles, Kerala (MSIL service centre), when it comes to charging exhorbitant servicing costs. Stay away from them.

Taking the delivery of the car now. My front left discs+pads are worn out and am getting the entire set replaced. Cost for that (around 2800).

Unfortunately, by the time I called, Sai Service had already finished up the 'carbon cleaning' stuff - so i've no option but to pay. Still need to alignment/balancing and top up oils/fluids at a garage outside. Frustrating experience. No more Dealership Service Centres for me ever again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_himan (Post 1024043)
Taking the delivery of the car now. My front left discs+pads are worn out and am getting the entire set replaced. Cost for that (around 2800).

Unfortunately, by the time I called, Sai Service had already finished up the 'carbon cleaning' stuff - so i've no option but to pay. Still need to alignment/balancing and top up oils/fluids at a garage outside. Frustrating experience. No more Dealership Service Centres for me ever again.

since this is a 20k service i dont think top ups will do.there should be total oil change at 20 k mark.not sure though.

You must hear this. The bozos at Sai Service got two things wrong again:

1. I have a set of 4 185/70 Michelins. The spare is a JK 165/80. After tyre rotation, the front left wheel is JK while the others are Michelins! The Michelin went back in the boot. Noticed this unfortunately while filling up air a few days later.

2. The rear Michelin had a 1.5 inch nail. These guys never noticed. Again, came to light while filling up air.

AVOID SAI SERVICE, ANDHERI like the plague please!

A usual service cost would be around 3500 max.

Hi,
Thank you,i found your website very helpful.
I would like some advice about Servicing of my Estilo Vxi.I have just done around 9500Kms and its more than 2 yrs.Purchase date 15 Jan 2007.According to the Maruti Suzuki manual 4th service(1st paid) is due when car is 24 months or 20000km.I have done all other 3 free service at 1.first month(763km) 2.6th month(20/7/07)3647km. 3.one year15/02/2008(5928kms).There has been no problems so far...
Its now 2yrs but just run 9500 kms.Please advice if i need to change engine oil,brake oil,transmission oil etc...the manual says 24 months or 20000kms.After the 3rd service my car has run very little.and no problem..just some noises..which i would get it checked when having the service done this month.
Please advice..Thank you :) please:

Since it has been almost a year that your car was serviced last, I would advice you to go ahead and get the servicing done. Plus you may have warranty issues if you don't. Change all oils and filters.

DO NOT:
- go for any cosmetic things the service dealer suggests (under body, teflon etc)
- go for any engine flush
- go for any fuel additive
- go for wheel alignment / balancing. Its not needed if it was done in the last service, plus can be done cheaper and better outside.

Basically, keep your service cost minimum according to the manual and do not give a chance to the buggers to earn a li'l extra from your car.

Thank You.Can you confirm if you mean changing Coolant Also?All oils including Brake,gear and trasmission??:confused: I was thinking of just changing engine oil n coolant...now that its run only 9500kms..what u say?? please:
I also agree teflon coat etc are just waste of money..i had done it in my first service.The last coat for the same is Also Due.It was for 2 yrs period..hope i would be able to get done along with this service...ard Rs.6500..what a waste!!!:Frustrati

Thank God!!! I didnt get the engine flush and other extras Done...even wheel alligment i would get it done from outside....atleast not at competent anymore