Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2022, 15:13   #46
BANNED

Re: Brand new Hyundai Alcazar: Number plate riveted on crookedly by the dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
...however one thing he isn't wrong about is his expectation that a crooked number plate should not be affixed to his car.
In the end, 'to err is human' and we all are humans. Bashing the dealer on a automotive forum for such a trivial issue doesn't make sense. Specially, when there are solutions available for fixing the dealer's mistake.

The motive of the original post was not to highlight an underlying issue. It seems that the post was done to coerce the dealer to pay up or replace the boot lid fearing bad reputation on the internet. This is not what automotive forums are to be used for.

Just the way crooked number plates are an eyesore, threads like these are appalling and an eyesore. We spend time here to see content that educates the automotive community.
WhiteWash is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 00:15   #47
BHPian

Ask the dealership to order a new set of plates for you. It costs a thousand bucks but since they’ve clearly messed it up they should pay for it. The new plates wll be ready in a day’s time and will be provided with a new sticker set as well.

Get the old plates off (its a two minute job as experienced by me multiple times on my car) and install the new plates with the existing holes already made to your tailgate. The plate will not have the two rivets on the same level but It’s better than replacing a factory fitted part.

And it’ll look much better than having a crooked number plate.

Last edited by Potenza : 30th July 2022 at 00:28. Reason: Added more detail
Potenza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 00:46   #48
BHPian

I bought the isuzu mux , and when i got the rear plate fixed i was on the cell on a work call, and lo behold the gentleman screwed up the alignment! Once its done there is'nt anything anyone can do anymore! I chose to live with it, the amount of profound apologies from the isuzu staff! Human error shit happens, i felt angry in all honesty but then realized whats done is done. Have come to terms with the misaligned rear plate , heck the world has more problems then a misaligned rear plate, i choose to fret over something i control and sadly the alignment of my rear rc plate i could not 😁. And no in my wildest dream i would not have dreamt of claiming compensation for something as mundane as a misaligned rc plate!

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Brand new Hyundai Alcazar: Number plate riveted on crookedly by the dealer-d35522e28f4a459e97f4a6fc7cc386cb.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 18:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Ice View Post
New HSRP plates are only given to registered dealers and I have no choice but to use the services of Arsh Hyundai to get a new HSRP plate.
It is one of the simplest things that you can have re-done by the government authorized plate dealer. The authorized plate dealer will take a copy of your registration from VAHAN and get you another set of plates including the sticker meant to be pasted on the left hand side of the windscreen.

Call Damsus on 91671 14815 and he will help you. He has a shop named Baba Auto & King Arts. I am putting this number here as it is a Business Number. I have used his services for the same purpose last year.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 19:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest a simple solution that involves getting only a new number plate.

Drill out both the rivets, remove old number plate.

Fill up one or both of the old holes (depending on what level you want your new number plate to be) with another rivet (you may need one with a thicker shank). Use a small rubber washer as per size for weather sealing.

Drill one or two fresh holes (depending on the number of old holes that you have sealed in the last step) which are horizontally level, maybe few cms away from the old holes.

Rivet the new number plate in such a way that will cover the old holes.

I guess this is the least intrusive and easiest way to get the visual discrepancy corrected.
blackasta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 23:56   #51

That looks like a nasty job done by the dealership. Replacing the door should be the last option for you. My friend faced the same issue with his Taigun and what he did seemed like a nice thought. He went to a reputed after market car repair shop and have them carefully remove the plastic trim that is on the back of the boot door and reverse drill, heat the rivet from inside until it become soft and then cut/pill the rivet out. This was done with zero damage and without increasing the size of riveting hole.
He then asked the mechanic to drill new set of holes in the registration plate to align it with the holes already made by the dealership in the boot door. Once this was done the reg plate was riveted again using a small metal washer on the inside of the door to hold it together permanently. The mechanic then fixed back the boot plastic trim and done.

So no damage was done to car paint or metal. This entire procedure took about 2 hours and 500 rs worth of spending. Believe me this is best fix I have seen for reg plates misalignment. You just have to find a mechanic capable of doing this.

Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 11:16   #52
BHPian

I really don't understand those who are chiming in with 'Oh the dealership made a human error', 'I have lived with this before so you should too', or that 'the issue is too trivial'. Maybe it is a small issue objectively, but people other than OP are in no position to tell them how they should feel about it when taking delivery of a new vehicle or whether they are right to demand compensation from the dealer. The power imbalance between a customer and a dealership is skewed to begin with. There are only so many things you could do to have any recourse once the delivery has been made and the payment has been done. If posting ones genuine concern here so that more people can chime in, and the dealership taking a beating to it's reputation helps the person get their issues sorted, then isn't that the point of a forum that's considered influential within the automotive community? Please don't tell me that this forum cares more about the 'reputation' of the dealerships than the concerns of it's members, because that'd be a very silly reason to be a part of the forum to begin with, or for the existence of the forum for such discussions. People come here as a last resort, and maybe we should respect that a little more before jumping to defend those who really don't care for or need defending.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks