Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 13:36   #31
BHPian

Mods, please feel free to edit my post if I sound offensive in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
S@~+#0$#, from what you say looks like sundaram does not offer discounts whether competetion exists or not. so why start to complain about sundaram now?
I have nothing against Sundaram or any other dealer in particular, they are just examples that I quoted. If only you had thought more broad-mindedly and from the consumer and manufacturer's point of view, you'd agree that competition is required. It brings out the best in the offering of any product/service.

Quote:
likely because YOU have no choice and its nothing to do with sundaram?
, you really think so. There are plenty of cars in every segment today backed with decent A.S.S. But, would still don't want customers to compromise on a good car because a particular dealership is monopolistic.

Quote:
and you are against the "funda" of charging for footmats and mudflaps?
If you notice, I said I am against charging seperately for mudflaps, footmats... the emphasis being on the word 'seperately' .

Quote:
you know its against the manufacturer's funda to give them free too because if they wanted to they would have made it part of standard equipment and not an accessory.
Did not know it is against the manufacturer's funda, can you point us to some reference?

Mudflaps, footmats are necessities not accessories. Everyone needs them and IMO should be part of the vehicle(ofcourse charged). Accessories are optional and include things like overhead carriers, steering cover, sun-film etc.

Quote:
thats because they always make several provisions to ensure that the dealer makes some money.
Don't they get a margin on the sale of the vehicle, service and sale of accessories?

Quote:
a basic example: why does not hmsi provide the rto mandatory number plates as standard equipment on their activa or dio? because to allow the dealer to make a few bucks on them.
Quote:
look around you, anyone in a position of monopoly and sole control WILL exploit the situation. perhaps you have never been in a realy such situ so hence you really don't know how you will act.
I still can't believe you looked around and liked what you say you saw. If Monopoly was good, we would not have legislations to prevent it. Only because anyone should NOT be in sole control and should NOT exploit the situation, there are laws to prevent such a situation. Perhaps you have not heard of MRTP Act (Monopolistic & Restrictive Trade Practices Act) .

Quote:
look at the usa, look at microsoft, look at bajaj before 1990, look at pal before maruti.
The examples you have quoted are perfect except that they are example of how NOT to be. See for yourself....Hasn't the consumer benefited after Bajaj faced competition from Kinetic, Piaggio, Honda etc. I, as a consumer definitely think so.
Old 7th November 2007, 01:08   #32
BHPian

duh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Mods, please feel free to edit my post if I sound offensive in any way.

offensive? its funny rather.

I have nothing against Sundaram or any other dealer in particular, they are just examples that I quoted. If only you had thought more broad-mindedly and from the consumer and manufacturer's point of view, you'd agree that competition is required. It brings out the best in the offering of any product/service.

example???? this whole thread is about GM & its DEALER. no example here!

, you really think so. There are plenty of cars in every segment today backed with decent A.S.S. But, would still don't want customers to compromise on a good car because a particular dealership is monopolistic.

plenty of choice of cars? then why crib about gm? go buy a car thats got loads of competetion and loads of "freebies" on offer.

If you notice, I said I am against charging seperately for mudflaps, footmats... the emphasis being on the word 'seperately' .

"seperately" or combined. makes no diff. its a seperate piece of equipment not standard from manufacturer. hence chargeable.

Did not know it is against the manufacturer's funda, can you point us to some reference?

Mudflaps, footmats are necessities not accessories. Everyone needs them and IMO should be part of the vehicle(ofcourse charged). Accessories are optional and include things like overhead carriers, steering cover, sun-film etc.

hah! necessities? are ones underwear necessities? no but they perhaps make you feel better. same way do not blame the dealer especially with regards to sales and "freebies" cos its manufacturer dictated.

Don't they get a margin on the sale of the vehicle, service and sale of accessories?

if margin on sale was sufficient as per your opinion then why the very manufacturers who provide the margin on sale not make your so claimed necessities as standard part of margin on sales? this business of a dealership is infinitely more complex that you think. try it.

I still can't believe you looked around and liked what you say you saw. If Monopoly was good, we would not have legislations to prevent it. Only because anyone should NOT be in sole control and should NOT exploit the situation, there are laws to prevent such a situation. Perhaps you have not heard of MRTP Act (Monopolistic & Restrictive Trade Practices Act) .

monopoly is not good. i never said it was did i? its just that any such situation shall be used to advantage.

The examples you have quoted are perfect except that they are example of how NOT to be. See for yourself....Hasn't the consumer benefited after Bajaj faced competition from Kinetic, Piaggio, Honda etc. I, as a consumer definitely think so.
its not how not to be but rather how ought to be cos its working and people are still buying.
Old 7th November 2007, 13:16   #33
BHPian

Firstly, refrain from typing in bold unless you want to highlight/emphasise on a particular word.

Quote:
offensive? its funny rather.
Duh!! That line was clearly meant for the moderators and it has the word 'if' there if you can read and understand english.

Quote:
example???? this whole thread is about GM & its DEALER. no example here!
If you knew it, why give examples of Activas, Dios and underwears. Atleast I stuck to examples of Sundaram who is a not so popular GM Dealer.

Quote:
plenty of choice of cars? then why crib about gm?
I have said this before but I'll repeat for your sake. I have nothing against GM, that is why I want them to have more dealerships to increase the overall consumer's experience.

Quote:
go buy a car thats got loads of competetion and loads of "freebies" on offer.
You are nobody to tell me what to do.

Quote:
"seperately" or combined. makes no diff. its a seperate piece of equipment not standard from manufacturer. hence chargeable.
Chargeable yes, but IMO would like them included in the cost of the car.

Quote:
hah! necessities? are ones underwear necessities? no but they perhaps make you feel better.
Bah!! Could you not think of an example related to cars or bikes? Everyone needs underwears. You may not need an underwear due to reasons best known to you, but let us not get into that. This is a pubic Forum yaar... Come on!! ...LOL

Quote:
this business of a dealership is infinitely more complex that you think. try it.
I am fairly aware of the complexities but don't have to try it myself. Maybe you tried and found that the dealers earn mainly from selling mudflaps and mats? Start a thread on the subject. It will be an interesting learning for us.

Quote:
monopoly is not good. i never said it was did i?
Make up your mind Dude. If you are not supporting monopoly, then why make this statement
Quote:
its not how not to be but rather how ought to be cos its working and people are still buying.
Quote:
its just that any such situation shall be used to advantage.
See, even you know it.

It is exactly what finneyp and everyone is saying. Now stop .

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 7th November 2007 at 13:19.
Old 8th November 2007, 22:08   #34
BHPian

lol

ok no more , but just gotta ask you this

do the mods really need your consent to edit your post?

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th November 2007 at 22:31. Reason: 3 smileys/emoticons
Old 10th November 2007, 17:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
ok no more
Finally , You seem to have got the message .

Quote:
but just gotta ask you this

do the mods really need your consent to edit your post?
That was pure 'courtesy', Mods definitely don't need my consent. Spend some more constructive time on this forum and you may learn some 'courtesy' yourself.
Old 10th November 2007, 19:19   #36
BHPian

My two cents for a very interesting thread.

Garuda is probably the most customer friendly service centre that I have ever seen. My father begs to difer though as he feels they over charged me for the repairs of my astra. The truth is that, it was the car that was a white elephant. Not the service centre's fault.

The quality process at Garuda is the best that I have ever seen. Even for routine checks, the car was promptly washed, polished and some times the coolant/wash fluid topped up free of cost. These are very small details but it sure did leave a good feeling. And that matters a lot for me. Others may argue that they cover up for these costs some where else but I am really not bothered. Which service centre doesnt cover up their costs. Atleast these people are passing on some of it to the customer perks.

Just for the heck of it, I have been to Sundaram once and was very put off. The service advisor wanted me to leave the car and come back next day as the concerned mechanic was on leave. This is just for diagnoising a minor noise.

Anyways, now I dont have that astra and I do have a Baleno. So I know where to go for the next service!!
Old 11th November 2007, 20:14   #37
BHPian

Sorry mods for the new thread.
You can add Kalyani Motors to the list of associated companies with Garuda and Advaith.

I hope Maruti Service coming to Garuda is good for Maruti customers, Keeping my fingers crossed on Trident for GM.

Any news why Sagar is shutting down ?
Old 11th November 2007, 22:37   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

There are going to be two new dealers supposedly for GM.

One is some guy who was not into cars at all. Some paper related businessman. Forgot who the other person is . Dad told me, but I forgot.
Old 16th November 2007, 16:41   #39

There is a new sales office of Sundaram motors on outer ring road , near the Hyundai showroom , maybe this will be expanded to do service as well ? That would be good for all East Bangalore GM car owners !
Old 16th November 2007, 17:18   #40

Quote:
List of automobile dealerships owned by the same group
1. Cauvery Ford
2. Advaith Hyundai
3. Garuda Autocraft - GM (Going soon!)
4. Maruti - Coming soon!
5. Advaith Suzuki - Suzuki motorcycles & scooters
6. Volvo Cars - Coming soon!
7. Volkswagen - Coming soon!

Now, howz that for a collection?
add honda to it also guys
Old 16th November 2007, 23:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Finally , You seem to have got the message .

That was pure 'courtesy', Mods definitely don't need my consent. Spend some more constructive time on this forum and you may learn some 'courtesy' yourself.
oh! how purely touching & considerate! mods you must make mr. s a "super admin" for his generous gesture.

btw, if you end up owning own a GM car, you always take it your neighbourhood local garage where competetion amongst such garages will get you stuff for free!

and IMO it is wrong to expect freebies. like the word itself says "freebies". nothing is free in life except for us being able to air our opinion on team-bhp.

Note from Moderator - personal attacks are not tolerated. Please go through the posting rules

and mods, please feel "free" to edit my post!

Last edited by ajmat : 17th November 2007 at 05:23. Reason: Personal attack - called him a ****head rather s@#t%e#d
hollywoodhogan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th November 2007, 12:26   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, no need to get hot under the collar. Please take a chill pill.
Old 17th November 2007, 23:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Yes business is not charity, everybody is doing business to make money. But there is some ethics in doing business. Just see what happened to my case, till last moment Garuda didn't inform me anything about their dealership closer. Yesterday when i called them to find the updates they only i came to know about that. One or other way most of the dealers are same.
ethics = discounts? not giving a discount amounts to cheating? why are you under this impression?

do you know that manufacturers play dealer vs dealer to get numbers and not bothered about dealer viability at all. garuda left because of petty behaviour of gm where all they wanted was to grow at the cost of the dealer.

coming to discounts.....discount is a discretion and not mandatory. its upto the the seller to offer a discount out of their own free will. not offering a discount does not make the seller a cheat.

oops! did i mention the "free" word? mr.$ would sniff this and come around commenting how much he likes "freebies". need some serious gm tavera diesel exhaust to throw this scent off!
Old 19th November 2007, 10:46   #44
BHPian

Quote:
btw, if you end up owning own a GM car, you always take it your neighbourhood local garage where competetion amongst such garages will get you stuff for free!
I don't end up owning any car. I am passionate about automobiles and like to make informed decisions before buying and while owning them. You may take your car to local garages, but I don't. Not because they are not good, but there was no need as Garuda was doing a great job on my car. You don't know me well enough, now stop making assumptions.

Quote:
nothing is free in life except for us being able to air our opinion on team-bhp.
Looks you are having to pay for everything else except Team-bhp and hence your state if mind... . Just because Team-bhp is free, don't say anything and everything you feel like. FYI, do you know that there are people(including me) who are willing to pay for being a Team-bhp member? There is a survey\thread on this, can some one post it for Mr.Hoolygan's benefit please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan
oops! did i mention the "free" word? mr.$ would sniff this and come around commenting how much he likes "freebies". need some serious gm tavera diesel exhaust to throw this scent off!
No, you did not mention the "free" word in that post. That line was used as a bait to get me to reply. Fine, I'll bite.

I don't need to sniff around like canines normally do. You may need to sniff too but I use a feature called subscriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
S@~+#0$#[/b]]Finally, You seem to have got the message
I was wrong, some people just don't get it. I thought you meant it when you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan
ok no more
But reality is that, you had no replies for some of my questions\comments on that post and hence the smart trick...LOL.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:47   #45
BHPian

For the Garuda GM customers who need to visit Sundaram now, any feedback on how the service is turning out to be.

Given that they'll cater to their own as well as Garuda customers, I do expect crowding.

Any experiences so far?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks