Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2008, 22:21   #16
rkg
Senior - BHPian

CSD rates vary from state to state depending upon the tax concessions offered by respective states.In karnataka it is very less as the state govt does not offer any or vey less tax discounts to CSD. In case of B segment hatches the difference is around 7K only. but one has to go through lot of pain.further some car makers do not offer the other discounts to CSD purchases.

In general my personal experiance with CSD in Karnataka is "total waste of time and money"
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:28   #17
BHPian

KK the difference is close to 12 % once the paperwork is completed by the canteen the car can be picked up from the dealer more info pm me
Old 12th May 2008, 13:48   #18
BHPian

Car from CSD

KK,

As per the CSD Indent which is to be signed by the Offr he cannot sell/ transfer the vehicle to any person before a period of two years.

Moreover he can't purchase a new Car (called AFD I items ie Against Firm Demand) for a period of two years.
Old 12th May 2008, 13:51   #19
BHPian

Dear KK, If you want an idea of the cars available from CSD and their prices u can go to Noida Auto.

However these prices are Haryana prices and CSD prices vary from state to state.
Old 12th May 2008, 18:20   #20
BHPian

I had got my accent crdi from CSD jallandhar, though i got the car cheap it wasn't really a nice experience. I completed the formalities in delhi but bought from there as it was cheaper. They said they would send the car to me and charge a extra 2 grands and as I didn't had time to go myself i agreed. Though i had to go all the way back to jallandhar as they had not provided me tubeless tyres and sony system(gave some local one) as promised.
I realised its better to take a far from a dealer near you even if that means sheding some extra cash. (as in a CSD dealer near you, and npt shed 12% extra).

And what i believe the price of the car is the same, its just the taxes which are waived off
Old 17th May 2008, 17:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Cr-V,

I be to differ. You delegated the important task of taking the delivery of the car to a third party driver. Over here In Team BHP people go with checklists and spend a lot of time to assure themselves before delivery.

I have bought two cars in th last 4 years thru CSD and had no complaints. It is always a good Idea to speak to the dealer before taking delivery. And most importantly please take the delivery personally. Trvel to the dealer spend some time with them, go over the car with qa fine ooth comb and only then accept the delivery.

The cars are sold by regular dealers and only the paperwork happens thru the CSD. Not only will a third party driver not bother about the car he is also likel to overspeed on the Highway and you will get a vehicle that has already been used by a "care a damn person" over 250 - 500 km. If unlucky the fellow may also have an accident and as these fellows are usally provided by the DSA there is no liability on part of CSD or the dealer .
Old 19th May 2008, 07:20   #22
BHPian

MUL Dzire: CSD Rates

Well the much awaited MUL Dzire has finally come to the CSD . I'm posting the Ambala Depot prices for the top two variants.

Vxi - 4,58,613/- Vdi - 5,40,371/-
Zxi - 5,44,807/- Zdi - 6,19,132 /-

The dealer says there's a one month waiting period for all models after you pay a token booking amount (say 10,000/-).

When I asked him how; as in the civvy street the period is at least 2-3 months, he had no reply. Probably pulling a fast one to get more people to commit.
Old 5th October 2008, 15:16   #23
BHPian

Is Logan available thru CSD?

Is Logan available through CSD? Here in Hyderbad the dealers are telling conflicting stories - one says it is not available at all and the other one says only the base versions are available through CSD. What is the story in other stations?
Can some one help
Old 11th October 2008, 20:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

9tMax, The Logan is definitely available thru CSD. ( Bhatind and Jallandhar depots) . However, I am not sure about Hyderabad. Only some of the variants are available.
Old 11th October 2008, 21:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

This is sourced from Maruti Site, (Hope this helps)

CSD Purchase
Drive away with a stunning model from your CSD! Indeed, a Maruti at a considerably lesser price is an opportunity you wouldn't want to miss. Now you can book your Maruti at any CSD Area Depot, anywhere in the Country, and buy a Maruti at considerably less the market price. One more reason to be the proud owner of India's most sought after car!

Who can book?
All commissioned officers -- either retired* or currently serving in the Indian Army, Navy or Air Force -- can avail of a sales tax exemption/concession* on the purchase of a Maruti Gypsy or indeed any Maruti vehicle. All you have to do is, select your preferred model from the entire range of Registered Maruti Cars and book right away!

How to book your Maruti at any CSD Area Depot?
Make a payment in the dealer's name at any Maruti Authorised Dealer. The dealer will give you an extended warranty booklet with a computer generated contract form pasted in it. This contract form is essential for the warranty to be valid. It is mandatory that the dealer endorse in the warranty booklet: the effective date and km. (activation record for extended warranty), when the standard warranty expires after 2 years or 40,000 Kms whichever is earlier.

You need to make a full payment by Demand Draft, as per the prevailing price along with the indent for purchase to the selected area Depot.

The Demand Draft should be in favour of 'Canteen Stores Department Public Fund Account (Main)' payable at the selected location.

If you are a serving officer, please attach a copy of salary slip and PAN No. In case you are a retired officer, do send in a copy of your discharge slip/preliminary pension order and PAN No.

Once your booking is complete, the Canteen Stores Department will make an indent of purchase and send it to the concerned dealer for processing of the order and delivery of the vehicle.

Sales tax relief for the Armed Forces
You can avail of a sales tax exemption in various states across the country. In a few states, the sales tax is considerably lower than the rest of India. Which means, if you book your Maruti through the CSD Depot you will get a considerable tax relief.

The sales tax exemption pertains to Maruti vehicles purchased through the Canteen Stores Department (CSD).

Maruti delivered promptly. Before you know it, you will be driving away with your Maruti in no time. Now you can look forward to many pleasurable moments on the road!

* In select states only

Models Available
Maruti Grand Vitara MT
Swift DZire VXi (E-III)
Swift DZire ZXi (E-III)
Swift DZire LXi (E-III)
Swift DZire VDi (E-III)
Maruti WagonR Duo Lx E-III (N-Met)
Maruti Wagon R Lxi Metallic (BS-III)
Maruti Swift VDI BS-III (M)
Maruti Swift LDI BS-III (M)
Maruti Zen Vxi Estilo (M)
Maruti Zen Vxi Estilo (NM)
Maruti Wagon R Vxi Metallic (BS-III)
Maruti Zen Vxi Estilo ABS (NM)
Maruti Zen LX Estilo Non Metallic (BS-III)
Maruti Zen LX Estilo Metallic (BS-III)
Maruti WagonR Duo Lxi E-III (N-Met)
Alto Lx Metallic (BS-III)
Swift DZire ZDi (E-III)
Maruti Zen Vxi Estilo ABS (M)
Maruti SX4 VXi (BS-III)
Maruti Wagon R Ax (Met) (BS-III)
Maruti Zen LXi Estilo (NM)
Maruti Versa DX2 8 Seater (M) (BS-III)
Maruti 800 STD (BS-III)
Maruti Omni 8 Str (Non Metallic) BS-III
Maruti 800 A/C (Non Metallic) BS-III
Maruti 800 A/C (Metallic) BS-III
Maruti Omni 5 Str F/R (Non Metallic) BS-III
Maruti WagonR Duo Lx E-III (Met)
Swift DZire LDi (E-III)
Maruti Esteem Lx BS-III
Maruti Alto Lxi (Non Metallic) BS-III
Maruti Alto Lx (Non Metallic) BS-III
Maruti Alto Lxi (Metallic) BS-III
Maruti WagonR Duo Lxi E-III (Met)
Maruti esteem Lxi BS-III
Maruti Wagon R Lx (Non Metallic) BS-III
Maruti SX4 Zxi (Without Leather) BS-III
Maruti Wagon R Vxi (Non Metallic) BS-III
Maruti Zen LXi Estilo (M)
Maruti Wagon R Lxi (Non Metallic) BS-III
Maruti Swift STD : VXI (BS-III)
Maruti Swift STD : VXI (ABS, BS -III)
Maruti Swift STD : ZXI (AIR-BAG,BS-III)
Maruti Swift STD : LXI (BS-III)
Old 24th January 2009, 13:39   #26
BHPian

i10 from CSD

Hi,

I went through the threads and could not find the prices of i10 via CSD.

It would be great if some one, who has purchased a Hyundai car from CSD, can share the contact details of dealers near Delhi (pref Ambala, Jallandar). Also, are any freebies (like mud flaps, mats, seat covers) provided by dealer when i go via CSD ?

I also came to know that there is a saparate stock of cars that are meant for CSD and we need to choose from them only and not from the regular stock of cars.

It would be great if you can provide any information on this

Thanks
Old 24th January 2009, 13:58   #27
BHPian

@ rapidsnail - check out this LINK. It has all the info you need.

According to their website the price of i10 Asta GLS is 4,19,812/-
Old 29th January 2009, 00:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidsnail View Post
Hi,

Also, are any freebies (like mud flaps, mats, seat covers) provided by dealer when i go via CSD ?

I also came to know that there is a saparate stock of cars that are meant for CSD and we need to choose from them only and not from the regular stock of cars.
Thanks
Well you can check this link for the prices in Delhi. Getting the freebies is up to your Bargaining power.

Also there is no stock as such for CSD, you can choose or reject any car you want .
Old 15th November 2009, 20:33   #29
BHPian

Hey Guys, any idea when and if the Manza is going to be available via CSD?
Old 15th November 2009, 21:30   #30
BHPian

It's a recent launch ,so my guess is you can expect it to be available somewhere around mid of next year.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks