Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2011, 15:52   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Armed forces CSD canteen rate of vehicles?

does anybody has any info about TATA / FIAT dealer in Delhi for buy via CSD.
I tried contacting auto links but they are clue less as to which dealer deals with CSD in Delhi NCR .

between Ford Figo top end is available for 485634 for para-military forces ( BSF / CISF) with ford dealer in Jodhpur . a complete 15 % off on VAT .
Old 21st March 2011, 19:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
does anybody has any info about TATA / FIAT dealer in Delhi for buy via CSD.
I tried contacting auto links but they are clue less as to which dealer deals with CSD in Delhi NCR .

between Ford Figo top end is available for 485634 for para-military forces ( BSF / CISF) with ford dealer in Jodhpur . a complete 15 % off on VAT .
Contact Noida Auto. Here is the link:-

Noida Auto : Maruti,Honda,Fiat,Ford,Hindustan Moters,Hyundai,Lexus,Mahindra Renault,Maruti Suzuki,Maserati,Audi,Bentely,Chevrolet,ICML,Land Rover
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:30   #63
BANNED

thanks for the info

have checked with them , they generally get cars from some dealers in Haryana ( HISSAR ) / Punjab ( Jalandhar ) . lady on phone confirmed that they charge 2500 rs for their services and in case delivery is required in NCR they charge extra 3000 . I am already in touch with dealer in landholder about whom lady talked about .

so they do not have any TATA / FIAT dealer in NCR handling CSD / CDS .

For MSIL, dealer in gurgaon sells via CSD /CDS .
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:37   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This practice is highly questionable and definitely illegal.

CSD is meant for Armed Forces personnel and their approved dependent family members only.

I would not suggest that this kind of thing is publicized on this forum as per the 'spirit' of the forum. I would not endorse this at all.

If you absolutely must share such info I would suggest you use the PM service or directly communicate with the individual (s) concered via phone or email.

am requesting the MODS to check this and do the needful.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Ok There's a Retd Col Khanna who has a Office in Gopinath Bazar By the name of Sainik Options and he Helps people Source cars from the Csd Depots for an additional fee you can contact him and he would tell you whatever you need to know His No is 9891093389. Hope that Helps
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:09   #65
BANNED

I don't think , anything is Illegal here , The person in question is just helping the person with info only . col Khanna is not giving away his own documents . Anyhow via CSD you can buy only one car in 2 years and process is pretty robust and fool proof . even if there is a theft one needs to go via special approvals and car bought via CSD cannot be transferred to others name for a period of 2 or 3 years after date of purchase.

don;t we use agents to get out work done , be it passport or bill payment or some thing else to avoid standing in long queue and to save time.
Old 22nd March 2011, 18:06   #66
BHPian

@ Shankar.balan,

What Col. khanna & a few others like noidaauto are doing is not illegal.They only help the Armed Forces Personnel in completing the formalities and the paper work to buy the car from csd .They do all the running around & collect the car on their behalf.The person has to provide all the necessary documents & authorization to them to collect the car from the dealer.
Old 22nd March 2011, 19:44   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

CSD is meant for Armed Forces personnel and their approved dependent family members only.

I would not suggest that this kind of thing is publicized on this forum as per the 'spirit' of the forum. I would not endorse this at all.

If you absolutely must share such info I would suggest you use the PM service or directly communicate with the individual (s) concered via phone or email.

Cheers
One must be sure about what he is talking about before making such kind of serious allegations.

1. CSD services are for service personnel and their bonafide dependendents only. Col Khanna is not providing services to non- authorised persons. I dont even know about him but I am sure about that because even if he wants he can not.

2. I dont undestand why such info can not be shared openly in the forum? We have all sort of threads in Shifting Gear in this auto forum and you feel that this thread dealing with auto purchase from CSD should not exist? I dont endorse that. Infact if this info is prevented from being shared then I feel it is against the spirit of the forum.

3. The extra money charged is for the additional running around and documents involved with the CSD car purchase. Sometimes the CSD dealer for specific brand may be several hundred kms away. Dont people pay extra money to dealers for registration etc. Whats illegal in this?

My request is that if you dont know about something, then dont make an issue about it.

Cheers!
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2011, 19:51   #68
BANNED

If any of you guys wish to buy a ford vehicle from CSD then I can help you out with all the necessary info.

Btw Col. Khanna is not doing anything illegal, he is just getting the vehicle from jallandhar depot delivered to your doorstep and handling all the paperwork (paperwork that is authentic). He is basically a help to any army officer who does not want to get into the nooks of the buy through CSD system. However, his staff is quite unprofessional and not trained very well.
Old 22nd March 2011, 20:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

Sorry that my edit time is over. I would also like to tell that its actually Col (retired) Khanna and not a serving officer. He can not run a business while on service.
Old 22nd March 2011, 20:23   #70
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The intent here was as follows:

CSD is meant to serve defence personnel, serving or retired and their dependent family members only.

The CSD do not encourage agents or any other 'middle-men' if one is to go by the book. You can read their code of conduct as set out in their website.

If the gentleman in question is performing a service for the "eligible" category of serving or retired officers or their dependent family members on payment of a consideration, that is one thing.

However, if the same sort of service is being extended by the gentleman in question to Civilian Citizens of India upon payment of any kind of consideration, then that is completely illegal.

Hence my post. No allegations are being made against anyone. Im simply making a point in ref what I ve tried to explain above.

Hope it clarifies.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2011, 21:04   #71
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The intent here was as follows:

CSD is meant to serve defence personnel, serving or retired and their dependent family members only.

The CSD do not encourage agents or any other 'middle-men' if one is to go by the book. You can read their code of conduct as set out in their website.

If the gentleman in question is performing a service for the "eligible" category of serving or retired officers or their dependent family members on payment of a consideration, that is one thing.

However, if the same sort of service is being extended by the gentleman in question to Civilian Citizens of India upon payment of any kind of consideration, then that is completely illegal.

Hence my post. No allegations are being made against anyone. Im simply making a point in ref what I ve tried to explain above.

Hope it clarifies.
CSD purchase involves the following procedure.

The eligible person has to fill in the form and give it in his office ( where he/she is working). then their office will certify as to the eligibility or otherwise of the person. then the person has to take that form along with a DD for the cost of the car to central processing office for CSD purchases. this office will issue the letter to dealer to release the car..
Most of this work is done by car dealers in Bangalore( they charge fee for this)
what one has to do is to get authorization letter from their respective office
the car can not be registered in any other name than what is mentioned in CSD letter

as some one said a person is allowed only one car once in two/three years.

so at the most a close friend or a relative can buy because car will not in their name
if any one wants Bangalore TATA car CSD prices PM me.
Old 31st March 2011, 13:56   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Sir i would request you too get your facts right before Jumping the Gun!!

First of all The Service provided by Col Khanna can only be availed by Serving defence personnel or retired Servicemen from the armed forces any Tom Dick Or harry cant go and get a car throught the CSD. A car from the csd can only be bought by authorized personnel and no one else

The Gentlemen in Question simply makes the process easier by offering services such as CAr insurance and Finance on CSD cars as well as having them delivered to your doorstep for a nominal fee.

JUST For the REcord i am not related to him in any way, i have dealt with him so have numerous of coursemates hence the recommendation.
Old 11th January 2012, 13:16   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Recommended CSD places to buy a vehicle from, and why?
Usually, the CSD Prices are the same. The individual Canteen then have their % for operating costs or maintenance money margins, and therefore the differences in costs to the best of my knowledge.

Jalandhar and Ahmedabad are the current favorites of Offrs. With registration out of Chandigarh.

Also, for about nearly 2 years the CSD had stopped giving out cars, have they resumed? Else you will have all these questions and then nowhere to go. As recently as December 2011, an Offr from Pune purchased a Scorpio thru the regular M&M dealership- as the CSD pipeline was non-ops yet.

5 years is the notional limit, and it is advisable that this not be breached, lest you bring attention to yourselves like the Offrs selling NSP weapons and landing in trouble. Any such 'business' is frownd upon, and though you may emerge unscathed, you may have a DV Ban come into your dossier, or even the mention that you were under a DV Ban for suspected xyz activity.

Enuff said.

KD

Quote:

Cheers
FULLY AGREE.

AI am adding these words to meet this 20 character need. I have nothing to say except agree with Shankar that this is ethically wrong to discuss how to buy cheap, a privilege you have, and sell off...

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2012 at 15:51. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 23rd April 2012, 15:08   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, for about nearly 2 years the CSD had stopped giving out cars, have they resumed?
Any further info regarding this ?
Old 8th October 2013, 19:04   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Please continue the discussion in the new CSD buying thread. Thanks!

CSD have resumed sale of cars through CSD.
I think it has been over 6 months now.

The new catch is that we need to get a special sanction from Car Cell in Integrated Headquarters.
the indent form for the purchase can only be made with this sanction letter.

Once you forward your application to the "car cell" at IHQ, it will take close to three- four weeks till you get the sanction in your hand

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2014 at 15:04. Reason: Link to new thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks