Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 18:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rajesh,

> - Smoke problem - both advised that i should use normal diesel instead of
> premium. Point taken, switched to normal diesel + System D for the last 2K
> kms. Result = no effect, the problem persists.

normal diesel + system D = premium diesel.

In my Marina, the premium diesel is not causing any problems as such.
Old 27th May 2008, 18:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

No smoking problem with IOC(Xtramile) and IBP(Speed) with the 2.2l.

No experience with HP Turbo Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Rajesh,

> - Smoke problem - both advised that i should use normal diesel instead of
> premium. Point taken, switched to normal diesel + System D for the last 2K
> kms. Result = no effect, the problem persists.

normal diesel + system D = premium diesel.

In my Marina, the premium diesel is not causing any problems as such.
Old 28th May 2008, 08:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
And where do you get it serviced now.
Dadu - The last i got it serviced at Concorde in Electronics City. I called up Green Tracks a few months back to check if they service Safari. They said will not take up cars which are under warranty! Not sure why! Anyways as of now i'am looking at selling off the vehicle and will settle down till Sep-08 to check for new launches and releases. I have my Dad's Alto to chug me along till that time. NNHC, New Corolla, Face Lift Cedia, Face Lift Fiesta, Linea, Civic Sports etc. are all due to be launched. Will probably start a thread or piggy back at that time. I have already spent close to 15-18K during last 1 year on repairs and service. The biggest being clutch plate and clutch assembly replacement - Tata refused to replace on warranty and blamed me squarely for the issue. Anyways... some experiences are necessary in life so that you don't make the same mistakes going forward.

As for the love for Safari, its always there. My son almost gave it a tearful goodbye when i left it for Sale. I may always buy it in future again provided Tata has fixed all their constant niggles/techincal and A.S.S issues and we dont get to read/ hear issues (just to contradict my earlier post! Safari Lovers will always be the same, can't change them)

Cheers
-Rajesh
Old 28th May 2008, 12:44   #49
BANNED

Hi guys,

Dadu's link helped a lot. Thanks again man.

Manipal guys called up and were so damn eager to help me-rather help themselves out of this messey situation.

As the mail i had shot hit the bulls eye, TATA guys have given one rap to these Manipal guys.

I go there yesterday after my Boodipadaga trip, They replaced my Tweeter Grill in 15 secs flat and my A/C had stopped working at 1/2/3 speeds, this was also rectified in next 1 minute.

My fog lamps were not working now and they agreed to attend to it the coming Saturday.

They have suddenly woken up, Will update what happens on Saturday.

Contrary to it My Matiz is serviced by Manipal and what mindblowing service they offer once you are at the workshop in Vasanthnagar. Really amazes me.
Old 28th May 2008, 13:00   #50
BHPian

Even I had a very good experience with TML this previous week.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...breakdown.html

Contrary to the general assumption they are willing to take steps to solve the issues & to treat the customer like a King
cheers:
Old 28th May 2008, 16:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Contrary to the general assumption they are willing to take steps to solve the issues & to treat the customer like a King
Well it looks like Tata- Fiat should have a company owned A.S.S in each city cause it looks like unless they intervene the dealer's A.S.S will not oblige.

You are the lucky few who feel treated like a king given the experience before escalation.
Old 30th May 2008, 00:06   #52
BHPian

Reading through the first part allmost gave me a shock!
Glad to know that now they have woken up and started fixing your issues.

On a bigger side I think this isnt a problem isolated with just 1-2 A.S.S of car manufacturers but its the same with all most all of them.

I was reading about MUL build quality going down maybe its not the build quality but the A.S.S thats going down these days. They are unable to handle these many cars. Back in the old days they had only a few cars. so more time to fix smaller issues that now days go unnoticed?

just my 2 cents herecheers:
Old 31st May 2008, 00:46   #53
BANNED

Greg you hit the bulls eye.

I took a long time thinking over it, and have been reguralarly visiting the T A S C, and found that their each and every weekend delivery consists of
1) 85 indicabs
2) 50 indicas
3) 35-40 other variants of indigo
4) 30 Safari Dicors
5) 25 Sumo and Grande's

Whew..

I have now decided to get my mech home to do my services as per my satisfaction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks