Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 20:02   #1
BANNED

My day at the Tata A.S.S (Manipal Motors-Hebbal)

The joy of owning the Beast 3L DICOR Safari EX since 15000 kms faded the day it entered the service centre for its 3rd free service.

I left my Beast for its service at Hebbal Manipal motors last Saturday. Tough i am not convinced with their service but something that happened leaves a sad note behind. Such a wonderful car but none to service it with honesty.

1) Firstly the car was not even washed. just polish sprayed all over the plastic parts and tyres. The underchasis horribly dirty. Had to move them and get one more wash done.

2) Nextly the cap on the rear spoiler was lost(Pics Below), i thought its ok might have been lost by mistake.i decently asked him for a replacement cap which i'll pay them and get it replaced.

3) What happened next was horrible. They lost my imported MBQuart Tweeter grill. on asking the service advisor he comes up with an amazingly stupid reply" Sir we are not responsible for your valuables". I insisted i wanted it at any cost , untill which i'll not settle the bill. Those guys never budged.Had to wait there for over 2 hours and finally not finding it.
I could not hold my patience for more than this. I snared at them and said, replace the grill and collect a small amount that i'll leave pending of Rs 350/-, after a lot of heated arguements those gentlemans agreed and later i had to leave from there at around 9:00pm.

4) Reached home and found something more irritating. A noise under my hood, removed the hood and just guess what i found " A spanner"

I had no words to say, such a reputed dealership and this is what they do to a car that you buy paying 10 lacs.

Tough the car has no problems whatsoever in its running these A.S.S'es screwup your car with their negligence. If not for the warranty my mechanic would have done a wonderful job servicing it and i would have got a better wash at Rs 200 locally.

Is there no way to get directly to the TATA's for my grievience.

Pls find the pics sequence below.
Attached Thumbnails
My day at the Tata A.S.S (Manipal Motors-Hebbal)-51hyg00.jpg  

My day at the Tata A.S.S (Manipal Motors-Hebbal)-210508_1901.jpg  

My day at the Tata A.S.S (Manipal Motors-Hebbal)-210508_1902.jpg  

My day at the Tata A.S.S (Manipal Motors-Hebbal)-210508_1904.jpg  

Old 21st May 2008, 20:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well, some people know how to mess with the reputation created by a quality name brand. Trust some useless person to run the show of sales & service,and there you have it..the perfect way to goof up the lives of numerous citizens.
Old 21st May 2008, 20:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Tata are very regular with their follow up phone calls. Tell them what happened when you get one but don't expect any real improvements at the dealer level. Thats the sad part with Tata calls. Seems like they just collect data and do nothing about it!
Old 21st May 2008, 20:48   #4
BANNED

Thanks guys.

Amit i got a call, i gave them whatever i could.I felt after all what i said, nothing's going to be done on it.

Just searching the web to get in touch directly with the TATA's
Old 21st May 2008, 20:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Pavan sorry to know that such a thing happened. The most irritating thing is to hear such a statement "Sir we are not responsible for your valuables" and imbeciles not owning up to their mistake.

Now cheer up and I hope there ain't any other niggles with Dicor.
Look at the brighter side mate, you are richer by a spanner inspite of loosing the tweeter grill ( Pun intended).
Old 21st May 2008, 20:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

But look at it this way, they did not only take away things, they gave you something in return too!
Old 21st May 2008, 21:03   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 21st May 2008, 21:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Tata are very regular with their follow up phone calls. Tell them what happened when you get one but don't expect any real improvements at the dealer level. Thats the sad part with Tata calls. Seems like they just collect data and do nothing about it!

I couldnt have put it in a better way.Being a Safari owner since last 1.5 yrs,i have faced the same things few times.

TATA dealers just suck and i wonder despite the poor feedback we give to TATA,nothing is done against those dealers.

@PAVAN

sorry to hear about this,BTW i have lost the same spoiler cap 6 months ago.

Try to find some other TASS nearby which is more professional
Old 21st May 2008, 21:08   #9
BANNED

Rjstyles69 and 1100D

U Guys are impossible, thanks for your words.

Simply_sunny001 and Behram

I am anyways going around doing the damage control, Will source the parts within a week and replace them.

But one thing is for sure. My Beast will never step into Manipal motors again.

I hear them again, they had it from me

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 21st May 2008 at 21:10.
Old 21st May 2008, 21:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

How many TATA Service stations are there in Bangalore?

Maybe they don't have enough competition.
Old 21st May 2008, 21:28   #11
BHPian

Make sure you write about this to TATA. This kind of experience is so very common at TASCs. I had braking probs in my Indicaand they told me that it was related to worn out tyres. A few weeks later, on brand new aceleres with the problem persisting the same guy tells me they've fixed the brakes perfectly and its my new tyres that are not gripping properly.

Statements like 'We are not responsible for valuables' make this so much more irritating. One feels like knocking their teeth in and saying it back to them....
Old 21st May 2008, 21:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
How many TATA Service stations are there in Bangalore?

Maybe they don't have enough competition.
Irrespective of the no of services stations most of them are equally competant to screw the cars and the owners happiness. It all depends on the luck. For instance when my Indica had headlight electrical problem, the service guy who attended not only rectified the regulator problem but also inspected all the fluid levels(topped up the coolant and engine oil at no extra cost), engine performance, wheel alignments and an external water wash at no extra cost. Good or I will say Great.
After this event, I thought I can request for this service advisor for my next service and I did the same thing during my next service and what I got to hear? This guy is in charge of only electrical repairs and not the entire service. So thats it, thats the end of it. Instead a wonderful service advisor with his wonderful team were allocated to my car. I would have been happy if they had returned my car without attending to any problems but they screwed with the wheel alignment, gear lever vibration and finally horn went off.
The best part of it was when I asked whats wrong with the horn, I got this answer -- "Ohhh its just water that has gone into the horn, when it dries it will work". I replied "Send a communication to all the customers so that next time during the delivery we will get hair-drier and use it over the horn to dry it because we need to travel back 15-20km to home"
Old 21st May 2008, 22:02   #13
BHPian

These guys usually top up the coolant with tap water. And it screws up the radiator after ~ 50 K kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
Irrespective of the no of services stations most of them are equally competant to screw the cars and the owners happiness. It all depends on the luck. For instance when my Indica had headlight electrical problem, the service guy who attended not only rectified the regulator problem but also inspected all the fluid levels(topped up the coolant and engine oil at no extra cost), engine performance, wheel alignments and an external water wash at no extra cost. Good or I will say Great.
After this event, I thought I can request for this service advisor for my next service and I did the same thing during my next service and what I got to hear? This guy is in charge of only electrical repairs and not the entire service. So thats it, thats the end of it. Instead a wonderful service advisor with his wonderful team were allocated to my car. I would have been happy if they had returned my car without attending to any problems but they screwed with the wheel alignment, gear lever vibration and finally horn went off.
The best part of it was when I asked whats wrong with the horn, I got this answer -- "Ohhh its just water that has gone into the horn, when it dries it will work". I replied "Send a communication to all the customers so that next time during the delivery we will get hair-drier and use it over the horn to dry it because we need to travel back 15-20km to home"
Old 21st May 2008, 22:33   #14
BANNED

Put a sticker on your rear windshield saying "Hebbal manipal screwed up the service of this wonderful car"
Old 21st May 2008, 22:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Rjstyles69 and 1100D

U Guys are impossible, thanks for your words.
What else could we say, your agony is hugely understandable. My Ikon once came back with the wiper arm bolt cover missing. Lot of arguments later, they agreed to agree on the fact that it was there when I gave it for service. It took 2 visits to get a replacement cover. But thats just one thing.

Visiting a service center happens to be the biggest turn-off on any day. They care more about the recent multitude of people who take their cars for service and appreciate the coffee and the comforts of the waiting lounge. Although I enjoy spending a whole day at a normal mechanic shop that works on our Fiat.

Last edited by 1100D : 21st May 2008 at 22:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks