Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 00:24   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
Hi Ankit
Japanese co are clearly sold on the products reliability and quality being a reputed manufacturer they would not do so neither the dealer for a couple of lacs .

thanks on welcoming me on board ,

Any time i prefer Japanese car especially the VTEC engines its 100% performance .
I dont think any one would question VTEC engines and their reliability/performance. Personally me too a big fan of VTEC concept.

This Forum have seen multiple instants where the customer is cheated for saving few bugs by many dealers (irrespective of any brand). So I myself will never believe that a dealer in India would not do that to his customer.

You have well said about the normal corporate procedures about manufacturing defect / transit damages. But transit damages can be claimed only till the car is unloaded from the truck. Once it is touched the ground and the dealer signs the delivery receipt, it is entirely his responsibility to take care of the car, and most importantly it is not covered under ANY insurance until registered it for a customer. Most of the cars will get damaged during this transition period, when it is stored in dealer's place, especially if it is parked near to the passage where vehicle movements will be very high. Do you have any idea what dealers will do such cars? Will they auction it as second hand? Have you ever seen any such auctions in India ? If no then where all these cars going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
Just want to ask you 1 thing.

Do you work/represent the dealer in question in this thread?
If yes then he already invited the trouble himself . Honda has got a policy that regular / contract employes should not to appear in any public media without prior permission from top managment as his personal opinion may have been taken as companies opinion by public

Last edited by Zappo : 26th August 2008 at 19:19. Reason: Please do not make back to back posts. Use multiquote option for reply to 2 or more people. Use Edit if you missed something.
Old 26th August 2008, 01:44   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
This Forum have seen multiple instants where the customer is cheated for saving few bugs by many dealers (irrespective of any brand). So I myself will never believe that a dealer in India would not do that to his customer.
I tend to respectfully disagree here. I strongly believe that the quality of services provided by dealers is driven by the car manufacturing company. If the dealers are continuously doing things which are unethical , then the companies should step in and take stern action. Unfortunately, I do not see that happening much in India.
In this case, assuming that the damages were caused by Dealer (the Honda rep accepted the defects), they should have been taken to task by Honda by now and ordered to replace the car(even if it meant that the dealer be accountable for expenditure incurred) . This at least till now has not happened. If Honda decides to cover up the mess created by dealer, then what kind of precedence is Honda setting? In India, how many times do we actually get to hear that a Company closed down a dealership because of quality of service (or lack of it) being provided?

I have been thinking long and hard about the services being provided since I have had issues with my car and trying to relate it. I tried relating it with India service industry (which I believe most of us are a part of). There, the standards of services provided by the outsourced companies are governed by the outsourcing companies. If they want, the service provided would be good. If they don't, they wont

Anyways, just wanted to put my thought across. Please accept my apologies if in anyways it seemed that I was getting into an argument or said something which came out as being impolite
Old 26th August 2008, 13:28   #228
BHPian

@down n out

I totally agree with you which is in relation to JMathew's case as well and its very true with my case which you can check in the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ards-left.html

People no intention of taking this thread off track just a point made by "down n out" which applies to my and jmathew's case the only difference being that JMathew's car had defects from the day of delivery and for my car the dealer created defects during second service or tried to rectify manufacturing defect by creating another defect. I have plans to sue the dealership and the manufacturer.

Mods apologies if at all you feel that my post is inappropriate for this thread.
Old 26th August 2008, 16:40   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
If yes then he already invited the trouble himself . Honda has got a policy that regular / contract employes should not to appear in any public media without prior permission from top managment as his personal opinion may have been taken as companies opinion by public
hi ,

The cars on receipt and moved to stock yard will become the property of the dealer , then its covered under the general insurance of the dealer. In case of any mischap ,fire ,burgulary,riots are all covered under the insurance company. So again it insured ,any claim will be settled by the insurance company.Major damage its get salvaged to insurance company subject to the extend of claim

Find the salvage cars ,there is panel of buyers for all general insurance company who buys the cars once the damage is reported .They will take the possession from the site and amount is settled to the dealer once he gives all the valid documents ,clearance for sale to third party. Mostly its in Mumbai ,Delhi, Chennai where the manfacturer /H.O of the insurance company is located.Its sold off after repairs as second hand cars ,some are good bargain it depends on the extend of damage it incurred.

i have worked with honda now an biz associate and proud owner of two honda city cars ,searching for third one too vtec 2003 model.
Old 26th August 2008, 16:41   #230
BHPian

Jmathew's could you update us regarding what is happening?

we should try to find a solution for jmathew's

thanks
Old 26th August 2008, 16:55   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have the facts checked thoroughly before hand ,as the allegation proved wrong will call for defamation suit against you by the honda.

i am with the dealer,in such things as legal suit ,the errors which proceed from a spirit of benevolence are the worst.

may good winds go with you.
@kaizen: If this post is good demo of Japanese management/manufacturing or Kaizen spirit then I am glad that I did not buy a Honda .
By the way one could not be sued for sending legal notice and filing case in court of law.

Defamation case could have been filed when allegations appeared in public/press that initial Bharat 3 batch of Honda City was not actually , Bharat Stage 3 and later honda quietly recalled the customers and did replacements at customers cost during the Service. Honda could have proved this is indeed not true , but such stories were rife and HSCL never refuted them.

In my personal openion as long as Indians consumers are sucker for foreign brands and continue buying cars at 2X / 3x of what they cost ex dealership in developed countries ( excluding taxes) just for brand sake without looking for Value , they well continue to be taken for granted by these manufacturers. And before any one argues on cost structure part please remember automobile components at OEM supplier costs and labour costs in India are peanuts compared to USA, Japan or UK.

I am not against all foreign auto manufacturers though Maruti-Suzuki and Hyundai are good example.
Old 26th August 2008, 19:12   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_n_out View Post
I tend to respectfully disagree here. I strongly believe that the quality of services provided by dealers is driven by the car manufacturing company. If the dealers are continuously doing things which are unethical , then the companies should step in and take stern action. Unfortunately, I do not see that happening much in India.
In this case, assuming that the damages were caused by Dealer (the Honda rep accepted the defects), they should have been taken to task by Honda by now and ordered to replace the car(even if it meant that the dealer be accountable for expenditure incurred) . This at least till now has not happened. If Honda decides to cover up the mess created by dealer, then what kind of precedence is Honda setting? In India, how many times do we actually get to hear that a Company closed down a dealership because of quality of service (or lack of it) being provided?
You are absolutely right. The Manufacturer should always have the control over the service provided by their Dealer, as they are the ambassadors of the company. Ultimately the sales /service advisor's at dealership who are directly interacting with the customer hence responsible to keep the dignity of the company.

The manufacturer should put a harness to their dealers. They are spending millions of Rupees to train the employees at Dealer site then the policies against spoiling customer reputation by the dealer should also be laid down. The Manufacturer is 100% responsible for any issues caused by the dealer.

Quote:
hi ,

The cars on receipt and moved to stock yard will become the property of the dealer , then its covered under the general insurance of the dealer. In case of any mischap ,fire ,burglary,riots are all covered under the insurance company. So again it insured ,any claim will be settled by the insurance company.Major damage its get salvaged to insurance company subject to the extend of claim
You are right in case of the dealers who have insured their shop (Its a general insurance which any shop can avail, if I understood it right)against natural calamity, fire ,burglary,riots etc. What about cars damaged due to poor workmanship/handling? Also what about losses due to accidents happened on road before sale of a vehicle? In my knowledge they are not covered at all. Correct me if I am wrong. Most of the cheating will happen if the damage is happened due to poor workmanship/handling.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 26th August 2008 at 19:14.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:27   #233
BANNED

Quote:
The cars on receipt and moved to stock yard will become the property of the dealer , then its covered under the general insurance of the dealer. In case of any mischap ,fire ,burgulary,riots are all covered under the insurance company. So again it insured ,any claim will be settled by the insurance company.Major damage its get salvaged to insurance company subject to the extend of claim
Quite fine; but what is the relevance here?

Quote:
Find the salvage cars ,there is panel of buyers for all general insurance company who buys the cars once the damage is reported .
Is this panel official or unofficial? AFAIK, TL / CTL vehicles become property of the insurance company, and they will auction it. Mostly, such auctions are frequented by a cartel of buyers; but sometimes, the dealership itself ends up buying these cars. Again, how is this relevant here? This is neither TL; not CTL. This simply a case of old car passed off as new; or a case of severely damaged (not amounting to CTL), but still not "new" in sense of a flawless car.

Quote:
Mostly its in Mumbai ,Delhi, Chennai where the manfacturer /H.O of the insurance company is located.Its sold off after repairs as second hand cars ,some are good bargain it depends on the extend of damage it incurred.
For nationalised insurance companies, this happens at divisional office level; the DO being the one at place where the claim if filed. The claim is filed where the insurance policy is taken out. My guess - when the manufacturer takes out the insurance policy for their whole operations, the policy issuing office would be at same place as HO of the either manufacturer or insurer.

Quote:
i have worked with honda now an biz associate and...
What exactly do you mean by a "biz associate'? For new gen private banks/ insurers, a biz associate is essentially a marketing channel. The "biz associate" is the bank's / insurer's face for the customer. :-P
Old 27th August 2008, 11:25   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
Jmathew's could you update us regarding what is happening?
There is no point in talking to Honda or Dealer anymore. I requested the inspection report and the vehicle history to Honda, That is the last communication I sent. Till now there is no response to this.

I am discussing the case with my lawyer. We will be filing the case in consumer court very soon.
Old 27th August 2008, 12:16   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post
There is no point in talking to Honda or Dealer anymore. I requested the inspection report and the vehicle history to Honda, That is the last communication I sent. Till now there is no response to this.

I am discussing the case with my lawyer. We will be filing the case in consumer court very soon.
You're heading in the right direction now. Dont waste time, Just go ahead and file a suite against the company. Also there is this website Complaints Board This is a place where People who face possible fraud, cheats, Misconceptions etc write about their experiences and make other people vary on what to look out for. You can Highlight your problems with your vehicle and your dealer here.

PS. Most companies keep a track of this site to find out the problems their customers/consumers are facing and try to solve them.

All the best.
Old 27th August 2008, 16:01   #236
BHPian

Quote:

That is a good move. But pls move fast as getting late would give the Dealer/Honda an upper hand. ( I believe that is the reason they are delaying replies). Let the Court ask the documents directly and then Honda will not have any other option than submitting it.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:59   #237
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is no point in talking to Honda or Dealer anymore.

Bravo! If Honda remains so insensitive to selling you a defective car, go ahead by all means.

Feel free to drop a line if I can help in anyway at all.
Old 27th August 2008, 18:05   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Feel free to drop a line if I can help in anyway at all.
We all will, in whatever way we can. This cant be taken lying down - c'mon Team lets translate all those words into action!
Old 27th August 2008, 18:53   #239
BHPian

Quote:

jm - sorry to see your problem. Did you take DKG's offer of Southern Regional Office support? (I read this thread in single shot and i didnt see ur reply to DKG.. Just wanted to ensure you have exhausted ALL options)
Old 27th August 2008, 21:08   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
We all will, in whatever way we can. This cant be taken lying down - c'mon Team lets translate all those words into action!
I am in! Lets do it!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks