Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 16:08   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
I am sure the person from honda who inspected was dealer influenced and passed a biased judgement. Get a good lawyer and show these pics as evidence to consumer court and I am sure you will win this one!! The dealer has to be kidding you if he says just the door needs to be replaced and we are done They need to give you a new car and thats it
I dont even think its a Honda personal. Deedi motors did the same trick when I had a problem with Spark. They had send their own Sales manager to my home telling he is a GM executive. I asked him for his Visiting card, Official mail id and Office phone no. Then suddently he changed his stand and told he is not from GM.

Thomas: When my brother had the issue with Deedi motors the best thing he did is always recorded the conversation he had with the Showroom guys in his mobile phone (He purchased a new higher capacity Micro SD card just for that ). Later it was really usedful as we sent the audio files to GM as a proof of all the wrong commitments / advices Deedi gave us. And we never sent the car to Deedi workshop till the GM Manager Flew from Chennai to my home to verify the issue. That is one thing you did wrong. You should have never taken the vehicle to their workshop.Anyways take care of that in future. Tell them to bring the Honda guys to your home. Man you are the Customer who paid damn 12 lakhs from your pocket. And it is not your duty to take the car to his workshop for inspection all the time he ask for.

What is the status of complaint in Consumer court? Pls stick with Consumer Court only. Dont go to the district one as it will take time.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 15th July 2008 at 16:10.
Old 15th July 2008, 16:25   #107
BHPian

O MY GOD
I think the dealer is in deep trouble
Get a good lawyer and sue their as#
Old 15th July 2008, 16:42   #108
BHPian

Can't you go to the consumer court on this? Whatever you do, please act fast on this.
Old 15th July 2008, 17:17   #109
Senior - BHPian

The photos are very well showing the seriousness of the issue. I am sure direct view from various angles will make it very clear that its a clean cheating by the dealer. Please dont leave the issue for any other reason, it could happen to any potential customer of the same dealer time and again ! If I am in your shoes, I would defenitely do my best to sue the dealer no matter however busy I am. Oh man, no value for 12 laks ??
Old 15th July 2008, 18:48   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post
There is no favaourable response from either honda/dealer. They are still saying that they will replace the door. They dont seem to accept the other defects in the bonnet, back bumper and front bumper. I am attaching the photos of 3 defects which are very evident.
With all due respect & not attempting to discourage you with respect to taking this to the Consumer Court, I have one question in mind.

How will you prove that this did not happen post delivery? Do you have any written document/acceptance from the dealer that says that these defects were present prior to/when the car was delivered to you? I'm sure the dealer/Honda will try arguing (in the court of law) that the same happened due to your negligence.

Also, approach Consumer Education & Research Centre at CERC
They will help you fight your case. If one is a member with them, they do not even charge for fighting the case on your behalf, if not, they may have some nominal fees.

I'm a member with CERC & they helped me a lot in fighting against Hathway. Hathway came running back to my door & reimbursed the amount I had paid only after CERC's intervention & notices. They're very helpful. You can also give them a call & discuss the case with them.

Last edited by Dud_Dodo : 15th July 2008 at 18:49.
Old 15th July 2008, 19:20   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
With all due respect & not attempting to discourage you with respect to taking this to the Consumer Court, I have one question in mind.

How will you prove that this did not happen post delivery? Do you have any written document/acceptance from the dealer that says that these defects were present prior to/when the car was delivered to you? I'm sure the dealer/Honda will try arguing (in the court of law) that the same happened due to your negligence.

Also, approach Consumer Education & Research Centre at CERC
They will help you fight your case. If one is a member with them, they do not even charge for fighting the case on your behalf, if not, they may have some nominal fees.

I'm a member with CERC & they helped me a lot in fighting against Hathway. Hathway came running back to my door & reimbursed the amount I had paid only after CERC's intervention & notices. They're very helpful. You can also give them a call & discuss the case with them.
Post from Mr.Mathew on this Forum and the date for the same itself is a good proof.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 15th July 2008 at 19:21.
Old 15th July 2008, 20:16   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Post from Mr.Mathew on this Forum and the date for the same itself is a good proof.
Pardon my ignorance, but, how can that be? How can a post on a public forum be proof when both the parties involved haven't agreed to it? When there is no written document (email/fax or anything at all) stating the same?

Why would the Dealer/Honda accept the post as proof?
Old 15th July 2008, 20:42   #113
BHPian

i think if you can get it on paper from them that they will replace the door as it was spoilt during transit due to crow pooh or whatever - thats good enough proof of them admitting it was not done by you!!
Old 15th July 2008, 22:30   #114
BHPian

The reply received to the legal notice sent to the dealer will be proof number 1
Proof number 2 would be the court admitting the complaint.
Let the lawyers worry about all this. That's why i said, get a Great lawyer, not a good one
3rd. I agree with Jassi. Circumstancial evidence works in consumer court cases.
Cheers!
M2S

Last edited by married2speed : 15th July 2008 at 22:32.
Old 16th July 2008, 00:54   #115
Senior - BHPian

JMathew - have you considered using the Media?
Old 16th July 2008, 01:20   #116
BANNED

in case the car does get replaced what will happen to the REG of the car. since all the numbers will be changed how will the RTO sort this again ? the damage on the door is obviously visible and you have a color that is not easily gonna match at all.
Old 16th July 2008, 02:57   #117
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post
I would like to give an update on the things happend for that last few weeks for this issue. I got the vehicle inspected with an expert and it is evident that the car has some repainting in the door, back side bumper, front bumper. The bonnet is completely repainted. The car has a dent in the door and in the bonnet. The dealer peninsular honda and honda says they will replace the parts at their cost. They are not ready to replace the car. I am going to the court for the cheat. Friends, Please careful while taking delivery of the car. If you want to know more about the case please mail me.
only one thing to do..
"ghrahak suraksha" you can sue them.
Old 16th July 2008, 09:14   #118
Senior - BHPian

Very shocking indeed!!! There is a big difference!!! And its very sad that Honda dealers are doing this!! I would like to share my experience with my recently purchased Honda Civic. Its a positive one though!!!

I had booked myself a White Honda Civic white color, manual transmission!!! What GTO had said before I made sure to go through the Pre-Delivery check list.
First of all I made sure where my car was standing when the paper work was in process.My car was delayed due to some bank hassles, but i made clear to the dealership and they had placed my car very nicely in a COVER!!!!

Anyways when i went for the delivery I somehow didn't like the condition of the stock tyres!!! The thread on one of the tyres appeared to be damaged!! When the problem was brought to the notice of the AGM!! He immediately changed the tyres and also as a goodwill jesture He changed them from GOODYEAR to MICHELIN tyres!!!! The stock tyres before were Goodyears and now he changed them to MICHELIN tyres!!!

Thats what i call customer satisfaction,I am sure your dealer is not bothered about this, Contact Honda directly,I will try to get a direct contact number from my dealership!!!!
Old 16th July 2008, 12:07   #119
BANNED

Its the duty of the dealer to deliver a product in good condition - in this a new product. If you are not satisfied with the product, ideally you should refuse to take delivery. I have few suggestions:

1. Write to the dealer and explain what has happened and what you want. Its dealer's responsibility to ensure delivery of good product.

1a. (Optional) If dealer refuses to entertain, you can compain to the parent company.

2. File a complaint at the consumer court - address:

Kerala State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission,
Sisu Vihar Lane,
Vazhuthacaud,
THIRUVANANTHA-PURAM – 695 010.
STD CODE: 0471, Phone: 2313158, 2725158 Fax:2320578
E-mail : ker-sforum@nic.in

3. Make sure every evidence is documented.

4. Make sure to get a bill/receipt for every expense incurred in the litigation - you can recover that too.

Last edited by diabloo : 16th July 2008 at 12:11.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:32   #120
BHPian

I have been following this thread since its inception.

I believe that we are already being overcharged for the cars we get in India vis a vis cars in foreign countries.

Jmathew you have paid a good 12 lakhs and so you should get worth of every penny.

Do make sure that the dealer gets what he deserves and you get a brand new car.
Nothing and i mean nothing less can be a good enough compensation
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks