Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 19:03   #31
BHPian

At each Stalling Incident Skoda gave different stories:-
Once they said the Clutch plate had a problem, second time they said there is a problem in the AC duct and next time there was a problem in the fuel pump and so on. Every time the car failed, they did their inspection as a formality and mislead us each time. The basic problem seems to be in the Model itself.
Any media contact from anybody...
Old 20th May 2009, 19:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

why don't you try contacting the major car magazines? like autocar and overdrive? I remember reading their coverages on different peoples problems that are not resolved. maybe this will put pressure on skoda.

cheers

Last edited by anekho : 20th May 2009 at 19:27.
Old 20th May 2009, 19:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeld View Post
Can the stalling issue be due to the fuel adulteration. Or can the RON requirement also result in the same as SKODA's engine are made for 95 RON (91 RON minimum).
Attachment 138005
Petrol in major cities is already 91RON. I think it has been rolled out nationwide.

Besides, if Skoda wanted their engines to operate with our substandard fuel, they should have detuned their engines like every other manufacturer. The Civic 1.8 is supposed to give more than 140BHP with Japanese 100RON petrol, but they've detuned it to give 129BHP from our petrol - any petrol, I might add. I've run it on some really bad stuff without a shade of a complaint from the engine.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 20th May 2009 at 20:02.
Old 20th May 2009, 21:18   #34
BHPian

So Skoda going to be the next FIAT.
Old 21st May 2009, 00:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
So Skoda going to be the next FIAT.
At least Fiat makes reliable cars that don't try to kill you by stalling at speeds. I have never heard of a Fiat stalling on a highway.

I can't even imagine what a sudden stall must feel like. Will the power steering, brake boost, ABS etc work?
Old 21st May 2009, 00:08   #36
BHPian

All of Skoda's policies are so heavily loaded against the Customers, it is a real shame. Whenever Skoda took our Vehicle for inspection, we had to pay for all the fuel charges. Even if they took the Vehicle from Rishikesh to Delhi, a distance of 250 kms, they expected the Customer to bear all the expenses. When I asked them why should I pay for a fault in their Vehicle, they said it is as per Skoda policy. If the Inspection took more than 2-3 days, Skoda never cared to provide a Courtesy Vehicle to us. When questioned, they again quoted their Standard Policy.
MY parents have been forced to travel in Taxis during the 10+ Inspections Skoda have done on my Vehicle in the past one year. And on top of it, we have to bear all the charges for their Inspections. It seems Skoda is really takin their Indian Customers for ride, they have never even heard the concept of a courtesy Vehicle. These people should be really lynched in public for duping the Customers. All Skoda's policies are meant to harass the Customers.
Old 21st May 2009, 11:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav, your woes just underlines what Skoda India thinks of its customers. Sell them, loot them, forget them.
I have a Santro, even it had a problem of stalling, as it had an issue of petrol not reaching the engine, called the person, he came to my home, started the car and took it to service center (it was close around 4 kms). Gave the car saying its fine now. However soon the problem resurfaced after a few days when I was driving down home late night, I blasted at the service manager, (had his cell number), dropped the car at the service station - took around 1 hr to travel 3kms without traffic - cos it stalled like 5 times with 15- 20 mins gap, they took care it the next day and gave the vehicle to me in the evening. Has been running fine ever since, more than 4 years since this happened.

Skoda -- Premium for what? Faulty engine ? no service ? cheating ?

What was the meeting with the mods for ? why dont you let us know after the meeting what are the processes you intend to follow to handle the issues faced by people who paid for your salary by buying your car. The food you eat daily is paid by someone from his hard earned money, give that guy the due for his money.

WARNING: if still u continue to sleep, then you will die out (of sales) in India, no matter how many new models you launch at cheaper rates.

Totally shameless practice of a supposedly premium car making company. Dont you have any ethics ?

Last edited by tanwaramit : 21st May 2009 at 11:08.
Old 21st May 2009, 11:31   #38
BANNED

There are too many gullible people. Just heard that they have a backlog on the 1.8 Superb! Preposterous is all I can say.
Old 21st May 2009, 11:34   #39
BHPian

MY 2 cents on this.

why cant we stop promoting skoda cars at least in TEAM-BHP.I can still see threads related to new launches from skoda.

Atleast we would be able to restrict a person who is going for skoda by just giving him the details of after sales service.

Skoda owners please don't pounce on me

Regards
Binoy
Old 21st May 2009, 11:58   #40
BHPian

Did you try a new petrol station? I know quite a few cars (premium and non-premium) which suffer from similar gremlins. It all turned out to be adulterated fuel. Just my little suggestion.
Old 21st May 2009, 13:08   #41
MAS
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what Binoy says.

Apart from regular members, there are many many non-members visiting this wonderful site. Thank God and to this forum, i did not buy a Skoda and have postponed my buying decision as i heard Toyota is planning to launch Altis Diesel.

Not many non-members are aware of the problems faced by Skoda owners and it is definitely not a one-off case. Apart from this, only a small percentage of problems is put up in this forum. Even this small percentage is nothing short of "horror" stories.

After reading these horror stories, i strongly feel that that we should openly "warn" people against buying Skoda products. May be a flashing icon at the top with "Beware of Skoda" or "Problems with Skoda" or something similar to that, would attract visitors/members to click it and get a thorough knowledge of the how Skoda successfully converts a customer to "Kast-se-mar" .
Old 21st May 2009, 14:36   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Petrol in major cities is already 91RON. I think it has been rolled out nationwide.

.... I've run it on some really bad stuff without a shade of a complaint from the engine.
Euro-III demands min 91RON, IOC XtraPremium is 93RON. Regular Euro-II is 89ON. Even with E-II you may get a slight drop in performance, and (may be) a bit of knocking, but nothing like what you are having. IOC XP is available in almost all towns.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

There has been no official confirmation that these 'deluxe' fuels have higher octane numbers. If you have got any, kindly share.
Old 21st May 2009, 19:37   #44
BHPian

Hi Gaurav

Please collect all documents, job cards, details of telephone calls if any, towing receipts, correspondence, e-mails, photographs if any. Try and collect evidence of all past inter actions with Skoda and their dealer.

All future correspondence should be well documented.

Wait for a few days and I will introduce you to relevant people. Don't worry. There are many other Skoda owners, besides you, in the same boat.

This has to stop. This will stop. It cannot go on for ever.
Old 21st May 2009, 20:00   #45
BHPian

Hi Harish,
Thanks for the response, I will keep all the documents ready. The worst part of my Ordeal is that Skoda has never even accepted that there a problem in their model Fabia 1.4 MPI. Although, the production of this particular model has been stopped within the Very first Year of launch, still Skoda has not admiited to any defect. When I specifically questioned them on the reason of the Hold in Production for this Model, I got a Gem of an answer from them:
'
Every company strategizes to ensure maximum productivity from their products and hence there are various reasons for us to focus on other engines. Please note as communicate earlier we have not discontinued the 1.4 MPi from the market.

We have not discontinued the 1.4 Mpi however we are making it only against the order and lead time is 3 months.

Regards,
Karthik Ramesh | After Sales
SKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd

I don't know whether they are making cars or making tricycles based on Customers' Order!!! Skoda people really take their Indian Customers for a ride. If it was some other Country, Skoda would have recalled all their defective cars. But in India, they think they can get away with anything, even Murder. Engine Stalling is a big risk to me and my family, but Skoda has never acknowledeged this.

Gaurav

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st May 2009 at 20:11. Reason: Please use preview before submitting. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks