Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 21:18   #46
BHPian

Same problems are faced by me since past 3 months.no solution could be found till date by skoda technicians.i am being mislead by them stating different causes every time i visit the service centre. Even meeting with the customer relation manager of skoda india did not help.
Old 21st May 2009, 23:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Mathur View Post
They simply did the investigation and blamed us that we did know how to Drive a Skoda!!! Imagine, they think their products are so Superior!!

We have called their Breakdown Service whenever the Engine Stalled, but they never responsed and we were stranded on the road.

Anyone has any pointers to e-mail addresesses of someone in the media? How long does a Consumer Court takes for redressal, any idea.
Other TBHP user, Harishv, IIRC is still paying regular installments of loan despite the car being not with him. Court hasn't helped much till now. You are not alone here. Here is another thread of the engine stalling problem :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-customer.html

What are the parts that are replaced till now under the pretext of this problem ?
It looks like Skoda is having problem with an entire lot of cars being dispatched or this could be even of greater magnitude considering what has happened till now.

EDIT :
1) Clutch plate can lead to stalling of engine and then it takes 40 mins to start ? A sadistic joke.
2) ACI takes the problem only if the person is a subscriber to that magazine.
3) 1.4 was faulty, but I think they should replace entire cars with something that is atleast road worthy.
4) As per the sales analysis thread, I think TBHP effect has hit Skoda hard.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 21st May 2009 at 23:21.
Old 22nd May 2009, 01:01   #48
BHPian

Hi Harish/Mayank,
There are so many people who are being harassed at the hands Skoda, can we file a class Action suit against them, they are really taking their Customers for a ride.
Gaurav
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

this is really sad to hear Skoda India continues to leave customers at the mercy of God after producing some substandard products. What is so hard in acknowledging the problem with the product and get it rectified ?
I had a immersion type water heater with one year warranty, in around 6 months time it started giving me problems, and the company replaced it with a new one. and this is about some small company in NCR region not an MNC.
Dont the marketing team know "Customer is King" , which B-school have they passed out from ?

Gaurav, I had faced problems like you (which was fixed by Hyundai ASC in 2nd visit), I can understand the frustration of being stranded in the middle of road (highway, bumper to bumper traffic) . Its just damn frustrating to pay several visits and the company doesnt do anything to rectify.
Skodacorporate: are you interested in caring for customers during their warranty period or is it just after showroom at Gods will ?
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:30   #50
BHPian

SKODA Corporate, why are you so silent now. If you are really against mal-practices, how can you allow your dealer Oberoi Auto to commit fraud Openly, and be a silent spectator to their act. Your dealers brazenly break all the rules of normal decency and Skoda Corporate just watches the show from sideline.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:39   #51
BHPian

Since Fabia 1.4 Mpi is proven to be defective Model, can Skoda be sued under the malpractices act. Till Date Skoda has not acknowledged to me that their 1.4 Mpi Engine is defective, although I have been facing Engine Stalling issues in this model since the past one Year.
Old 26th May 2009, 18:18   #52
Senior - BHPian

Until we instill a good legislature that is pro-active and passes strict laws against such practices, companies like Skoda India will take public for a ride.

Can you imagine a similar stuff happening in Europe?
Old 26th May 2009, 18:24   #53
BHPian

Hi Harish,
Any news on what can be done on the legal front against Skoda. They keep on dragging the issue, without solving the problem

Gaurav
Old 27th May 2009, 13:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gaurav, Please send a PM to skoda corporate and share your story with them. Let us see what they have to say.
Old 28th May 2009, 15:53   #55
BHPian

I really don't know what is wrong with SKODA ? But even after repeated customer complaints, there are people who still keep buying SKODA. I am saddened by that. BHPians should avoid buying it since many are not really happy with their Products and After Sales Service. Its better not to park your hard earned money on their machines to get this kind of treatment. You will get same kind of product if not better from other OEMs like M&M, MUL, FIAT, TATA, HYNDAI, HONDA, FORD etc these days, why unncessary buying metal tension worth 7L+?

Last edited by varriers : 28th May 2009 at 15:58. Reason: *** was coming as ***. I thought it might mislead the readers.
Old 28th May 2009, 16:00   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Mathur View Post
Hi Harish,
Any news on what can be done on the legal front against Skoda. They keep on dragging the issue, without solving the problem

Gaurav

Hi Gaurav

I think we get back to original plan.
Old 28th May 2009, 21:58   #57
BHPian

Any pointers to some media contacts where the 1.4 Mpi issue can be highlighted. Skoda should at least acknowledge that the 1.4 Mpi model is defective, till date they are not ready to even accept that. I have already put a review of this model in Mouthshut, is there any other way I can give Skoda good publicity

They should be taught a lesson for treating customers so shabbily, my father has been visiting their Workshops for the past one year, after spending lot of money on this junk car.
Old 29th May 2009, 00:21   #58
BHPian

I think Skoda is not bothered about bad publicity,the same trouble which you are facing with your car was even shown on Zee wheelocity a few months back,another aggrieved customer.
Old 29th May 2009, 10:21   #59
Team-BHP Support

Stop making noise, take action . Go through the consumer courts
Old 29th May 2009, 14:23   #60
BHPian

The least you can now do is to voice your problems in the consumer court. Skoda is going to turn a deaf ear to you every time you complain about this issue to them. Believe in the country's law, and keep your fingers crossed. I hope Skoda packs its bags and leaves the country for good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks