Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2005, 03:18   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
r.n.s motors surely did "dupe/cheat" me..read this shocking story!!!!

wow guys how the hell could i have not posted this thread earlier..
well as u all know i had bought a zen from r.n.s motors bangalore about 3 months back..well initially was planning to buy a hyundai accent viva(petrol) but went against it considering that there was no parking space at home(rented 1 thats y the bloody problem) and also looking at the broad day robberies taking place in bangalore as of now(imagine my plight having to park the viva on the road giving an easy access to these thieves)..
well the enquiry was made by my mom and the rns guys immediately sent a demo car home,took a drive liked it so went and booked a zen..but here is where the whole problem starts..

well get a call from them at 4pm to take the delivery of the car..this is my 1st car(considering im just 21) so was as excited as if i was getting married to the "love of my life"(now coming to think of it lucky that im not married even to the love of my life,its just inviting more troubles as if they are none as of now)..well rush to the dealers as early as 4:30..well got in touch with the agent took a good look at the car for any dents,scratches and found none..so decided to drive the car home asap as friends were waiting to go out..but 1st decided to check the interiors,every thing seemed fine..
then next started the car and no probs..went to switch on the ac but the representative said not to switch the ac on until the run-in period gets over...so didnt bother to switch on even the blower as i thought he made sense not to overload the brand new engine..
drove the car around for two days,no problems encountered what so ever..then on my way back on the 3rd day from coll had to go thru a very dusty patch of road so decided to pull up the windows and switch on the ac..and there it goes,blower goes smoothly but the moment i pressed the ac switch the car just made a grunting sound and refused to move smoothly..switched off the ac and everything went fine again..so just drove home and told my uncle regarding this..
phew he asks me to switch the ac on and again a loud noise surfaced from nowhere..on careful observation he pointed out that the fan was touching the outer rim and when i noticed it was obvious with the white paint of the fan on the outer rim,cud even see the fan touching when turned with the hand..so decided to head back to the dealer and told them my problem..the head mechanic has a look and notices the ac condensor to be damaged..so he gets the front bumper removed and i was as shocked as hell to see the ac condensor damaged to that extent..well its bent inwards by atleast a feet and thats why the fan was touching making that horrible sound..first thing he asks me is if the car was hit..thats no way possible as no one other than me had driven the car since 3 days..then he looks at the bumper,trust me there is no visible damage on it what so ever..but notices a plastic number plate at the front and a embossed metallic one at the black..immediately he asks if i had left the car somewhere,i said yes at car decor where i got my stereo fixed..

then he adds saying that its them(car decor) who has done this damage as the company provides only embossed mettalic plates and only j.c road wallas can put in a plastic ones..but i had left the car alone at car decor for about 20mins when me and 2 friends went to m.t.r to hog..to hit the car in such a manner that the condensor gets into the engine housing by 1 feet & also in such a manner that there is no visible damage to the bumper was just unbelievable..looking at the condensor the bumper must have broken into 2 halves which was later confirmed by the mechanics at my uncles garage as impossible(no physical damage on bumper but condensor damage,no way possible was all they said)...took the car from the dealers to my uncles garage confirmed it cant be car decors fault but had to be companies fault only..returned the next day with my uncle to r.n.s motors told them that it was the companies fault not that of car decors as 1 of the mechanics(from gem cars) pointed out the paint finish of the front bumper was no way close to the finish on the rest of the car..when they didnt accept their mistake told them to keep the car for themselves and that we would go to the consumer court if the repairs were not done at their own cost and that i wud never claim insurance for no fault of ours..

then the manager said they will carry out an enquiry so left the car over there only and came home..2 days,3 days,1 week,15 days and yet there was no news from them,so finally went and gave a nice thulp to the manager reminding him his duty towards customers..but no use the mechanics never agreed that the mistake was on their part and kept arguing that it was our fault and refused to replace the parts..so with no other go returned home just to get howled at by my parents for being careless not to have checked the ac on delivery..

then everything struck to me,the delivery was due that morning but we were informed by phone that due to some problem at the rto the delivery has been postponed till evening..and guys remember the agent never allowed me to switch on the ac as i was taking delivery...the guys at my uncles garage confirmed that the bumper must have broken into two for that kind of damage to the ac condensor,but aila no damage on bumper and more over not that good quality of paint job on the bumper as compared to the rest of the car..can a guy at car decor coverup this entire thing in just 20 minutes,phew takes longer time to change a tyre 4get changing the bumper and painting it...checked the "pdi reports" and everything was working alright!!!

now here is what must have happened,after the "pdi test" they must have taken the car to the petrol pump to fill the guaranteed 10ltrs of fuel or for a final test drive and thats exactly when this happened..so infromed us to come by evening not morning as promised earlier...the extended time was to carry out the repairs but could not be done in time,so delivery given with the damaged condensor itself by fixing a new bumper and painting it as they didnt have stock of the same coloured bumper(found out on enquiry thru phone)..thats y the difference in the paint quality as the bumper was in some other colour..with nothing that i could do to prove this just drove back home swearing to myself that i would never go to them to buy another car or wud let any1 i know buy from them either...

well the best part was during the whole argument the security guard confided with my uncle that a complaint like this was not the 1st time,the very same had happened to atleast 15 cars the most recent being to an alto about 10 days back..decided to replace the condensor but my uncle got the dent removed to a certain extent s o that the fan doesnt scrape anymore..now able to use ac without any problem..got to replace it asap,thats approx 10k down the drain for no fault of mine(stupid of me not to check carefully during delivery)...but what was i supposed to do,bend down and see thru the lower grill to see if the condensor was bent or not ..now having learnt a lesson will surely check on all my future cars..

moral of the story:"never buy a car from cheats like r.n.s. motors,they have a got a number of showrooms(1 in bangy,1in hubli,and 2 elsewhere so higher the profits higher the negligence)...this is a sincere request to all bangaloreans "stay away from r.n.s;mandovi and bimal are the best"..

ps: for the long post,this got to be the longest post on this site by the looks of it!!!

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th August 2005 at 03:36.
Old 30th August 2005, 04:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey

really sad to hear how you have been cheated.i know how it feels to have a problem with a brand new car and specially due to no fault of yours.i hope everyone who reads this learns from this and checks their cars thouroughly before accepting it.specially if the dealer tell you not to so a particular thing you must do it just to make sure nothings worng.

Rev
Old 30th August 2005, 04:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

WOW! this is HORRIFIC! How low can anyone get to give a damaged car to a customer! But, how did you fall for the sales guys remark on not starting the A/c till the run in period was over. If it was me, it would have made alarm bells go off in my head right away. Anyway, it's amazing that even after all this, Maruti dealers are still considered the best and MUL actually tops J.D.Power survey's year after year. First we had news of a customer being physically removed by a dealer from his showroom and now this and MUL are still regarded as the best! Just imagine what would have happened if Ford, Opel or God forbid a Fiat dealer had done any of those things..I have always felt that Indians quietly take a lot of BS from MUl dealers as compared to foreign car makers dealers.
Old 30th August 2005, 06:02   #4
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Print this in all auto mags. It will help. Make a big issue of it.
Old 30th August 2005, 10:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
wow guys how the hell could i have not posted this thread earlier..

moral of the story:"never buy a car from cheats like r.n.s. motors,they have a got a number of showrooms(1 in bangy,1in hubli,and 2 elsewhere so higher the profits higher the negligence)...this is a sincere request to all bangaloreans "stay away from r.n.s;mandovi and bimal are the best"..

ps: for the long post,this got to be the longest post on this site by the looks of it!!!
Really terrible incident. Looks like my friend is lucky that his car is fine. He got his Wagon R form RNS guys just last week.
Another friend took Wagon R from Sagar Automobiles. They are no better either. My friend almost cancelled his booking because various delays. Delay for the car to come(almost a month beacuase Pearl silver colour was not easily available it seems), delay for registration, delay for number plate etc etc. Every time they will promise one date and later push it further by few days.
I really couldn't understand this.
Old 30th August 2005, 10:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Is this the first car you/your family is going for?

I am shocked at the way they tried to dupe.
Old 30th August 2005, 11:00   #7
BHPian

Thats really pathetic. I am very sad to know that you had to go through such an ordeal. I feel like going to the showroom and beating the sales guy.. :-(
Old 30th August 2005, 11:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
Print this in all auto mags. It will help. Make a big issue of it.
Yes, this one should be mailed to the press. Unlike Sahil's case (where a merc is involved), this one 's involving a mass-market car, and this is your best bet... spread the word dude.
Old 30th August 2005, 11:17   #9
BHPian

sad dude :(
did u consider going to the consumer court for this? the court is fairly helpful in such cases.
Old 30th August 2005, 11:46   #10
BHPian

Holy Cow!!...I bought a WagonR a couple of months back from them. My friend bought an Alto.
Ours is fine till now. We were first time car buyers too.
Quite a harrowing experience you got there.

But as far as I know, car deliveries are always made in the evening.
Because the cars are sent from the godown for registration in the afternoon and they return by evening 4.
Later they are washed, ballons are tied and delivered. How come urs was an exception with morning delivery?

In our case we insisted on immediate delivery, ours was processed in a couple of days.

You should not replace anything, take them to consumer court.
Inform the dealers that you will be complaining to Maruti directly.
Also meet up some top official in RNS and threaten to go public.
Old 30th August 2005, 12:00   #11
BANNED

well initially we did decide to take them to the courts,then my dad was against it as it would involve going to the courts,think about the tension,the scenario at home would have gone from bad to worse bcoz courts are a pain in the a##..well its a big mistake on my part too having not checked the car thoroughly..so cant do anything as i had already signed the delivery challan saying that i had received the car in perfect condition..so they had an edge in the case and we thought it wasnt worth taking the tension and stuff..so thought that some1 in the family whacked the car and kept quiet...
Old 30th August 2005, 12:14   #12
BANNED

[quote=Surprise]Is this the first car you/your family is going for?

well no we had about 10 cars before mainly tatas( 2 estates,1 sierra,1 indica and then the 1 fiat,3 ambys)..

well this is the 1st car that was bought for me!!!and yikes this is what happened..
right now we have an indica dls(2002 model) and the new zen...disposed of all other cars as there is no parking space and went in for 3 pulsars,1 kine and an activa..

well conan ur right the deliveries are usually given in the evening and mine was due the previous evening itself,but called them up and told them we would pick the vehicle the next day as dad had been out of station and i didnt want to take the delivery without him..how foolish of me not to get suspicious as the registration had been completed the day before(i took delivery) itself and the next day he said there was some problem at the rto...well who wud know they wud do such a thing..
and ya i still havent replaced it,but just done some alterations so that it doesnt affect my performance..will surely show u guys the damage at the next meet and u all will be surely shocked to see the extent of the damage..

just waiting for the free services to be done by them,and thats it no more r.n.s. for the rest of my life...
Old 30th August 2005, 12:25   #13
BHPian

consumer courts are fairly good; they are always pro-consumers. it doesn't cost a lot. and the best part is that they give a decision within a maximum of 90 days and you wouldn't have to go and run around the court. it's not as difficult as it looks.
Old 30th August 2005, 12:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
but called them up and told them we would pick the vehicle the next day as dad had been out of station and i didnt want to take the delivery without him
How come even your father was influenced by their words saying that AC needs to be switched on only after the run in period. That's why I asked whether you got any other cars with you.

Since you had already taken delivery of many cars, you should have objected to what those guys said & switched on the AC right before them.
Old 30th August 2005, 12:58   #15
BANNED

well surprise,to your surprise my dad couldnt make it to bangalore the next day too..was caught up with work at bombay,so i had to go for the delivery along with my bro who just turned 19 yesterday and im 21..no elders came and i had never been to collect any of the previous cars it was all handled by my dad and we used to eagerly wait for him at home..would have been the same this time too had he been there,but i guess it was very unfortunate he wasnt..and they tried to prove they were innocent based on the fact that the number plate was a plastic 1,had it been metal they would surely have replaced it..no that hard to see that the culprit could well within the company who knew putting in a plastic plate might just do the trick..what was i supposed to do,check whether the plates were made of plastic or metal..come on guys im sure none of us wud have checked the number plates for goodness heavens!!!
and as i have posted earlier,i was as excited as hell and all that i wanted to do was get out of the showroom asap and head to a party with my friends..so i thought the less time i spent at the dealers the better as i was being bombarded with calls and sms's from my buddies..just did the routine body damage check and headed out of there..must admit my carelessness...but still arent customers to be treated like gods and not being duped like this..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks