Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:07   #16
BHPian

I was seriously planning for a Vista and there I can see it going down the drain. I am now thankful to Tata for helping me to remove some options from my car list to buy.

NO Tata and NO Fiat as both comes from the same garage.

On a serios note. Tata I think is still good only for Taxis. They make very good cars. No doubt - Vista, Safari are very competent cars. But they should learn how to teach their mechanics. They reply mostly on Guesswork. I hope the next bunch of mechanics are more on Competency and Knowledge than on Guesswork. Sad state of affair.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 3rd September 2010, 07:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSinha View Post
On a serious note. Tata I think is still good only for Taxis.
Hi Victor, this got me thinking.

Why is the Indica the choice for most taxi operators, if it is so expensive to maintain ?

The only reason I can think of is that most cabbies would probably be getting their cars serviced / maintained at their known FNGs. This would only confirm the fact that good FNGs would be scoring over TASS service centres ! I will try to ask every cab driver in future as to where he gets the vehicle serviced. Let me see the results
Old 3rd September 2010, 08:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

the regular indica and the NA engine is more or less rugged. The Dicor is a very different and fussy beast. You'll see a lot more posts about the Dicor if you search. In fact, Most of us rate any dicor (especially the 1.4 block dicor) engined tata vehicle as 'avoid'
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2010, 16:08   #19
BHPian

I think I know why they insisted on replacing the head gasket.

1) It is a labour intensive job, means more cash for the dealership.
2) The new CR4 DiCOR in the Indigo eCS has a redesigned head gasket.

The 1.4 DiCOR in particular was known for its oil leak issues. It's expected that this problem is solved by fitting the new head gasket. Of course, the new gasket design means that the cyl. head also needs to be changed, which is why they did it. What I don't understand is why they did it for your car when there was no issue of oil leaks. I'm hoping that they did it because the redesign also solves cooling issues, and not to just fleece you. I was at the ASC for a regular service, and I overheard an SA talking to a customer about their DICOR. He said that the company was recommending gasket replacement for DICORs with head leak issues, and that they were waiting for the new gasket kits to arrive.

Anyway, I was feeling rather sorry for myself about not having gone for the new eCS, but after reading this, I'm feeling a newfound appreciation for the old TDi engine in my car.

@mooza: I don't think cabbies start going to the local mechs until their warranty expires. Besides, most Indicabs have the NA 475DI engine, or the 475TCIC in case of Indigo, both of which are extremely reliable and very cheap to maintain. I've seen few cabs with the DiCOR mill.

I think that Tata launched the DiCOR prematurely in face of competition like Logan and Swift/Dzire diesel.

Last edited by vivekgk : 6th September 2010 at 16:16.
Old 13th September 2010, 18:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

God pity the cabbie who got the DICOR, if any.

Indigoxlgranddi : you did not update this thread about the performance of the car after the service.

And i have every reason to believe problem No 1 caused 2 and 3. Also 5 is the cause of your heating problems. If you have kept an eye on the temperature gauge(before problem 5 occured), the damages would have been minimal. With tata car engines one cannot expect phenomenal tolerance levels.

Last edited by ramzsys : 13th September 2010 at 19:00.
Old 10th October 2010, 17:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for late replying. I was busy with office work.

I completely agree that 475 IDI Engine is less prone to problems. We have May 2004 Indigo LS which has clocked more than 2,04,000kms. But it has not yet gone through Engine Overhaul (Piston Replacement) except Head Gasket replacement at 70-80,000Kms. Touchwood.
The FE is still good at more than 15kpl in city with AC.
Old 12th October 2010, 22:44   #22
BHPian

KHT motors, near AECS layout, bangalore

My experience with KHT motors, AECS layout is also not good. I went to the show room for a test drive of Safari, the concerned person was not there and he collected my contact number and promised a call back by next tuesday. He also promised to bring the vehicle to the location that I prefer. There was no response for 2 weeks and on October 2nd I called him again. He told me that October 2nd is a holiday and for sure he will call me on october 3rd for a test drive. Till now no respose again. This I would say not so nice.
On the otherhand I went for a test drive of Innova and they have already done ~6 follow-up calls till date.
My first impression is that tata has to go a long way in customer care!
Scorpio Fan

Last edited by scorpio_fan : 12th October 2010 at 22:46.
Old 12th December 2010, 15:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.

After the repairs were carried out in Mumbai, the Oil Leak (or Diesel Leakage I am not able to confirm) was still present from around the injectors.

I gave the car to Sterling Motors, Solapur twice but still they are to remove it.

I called the Customer Support at 18002097979 and lodged complaint twice each after the repairs carried at Sterling Motors, Solapur (in Sept. 10 and Oct. 10).
But everytime the Works Manager Mr. Nitin Patil closes the complaint.
When I called the Customer Support third time to know the status of my complaint, the Customer Support Executive told me that both times Mr. Nitin Patil closed the complaint stating that the problem has been resolved which in fact was or should I say is still yet to be resolved.

Now I am thinking to file a Case against this in Consumer Forums.
Should I file it against the Sterling Motors, Solapur or Tata Motors Ltd or both?
Old 12th December 2010, 17:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
After the repairs were carried out in Mumbai, the Oil Leak (or Diesel Leakage I am not able to confirm) was still present from around the injectors.

I gave the car to Sterling Motors, Solapur twice but still they are to remove it.

I called the Customer Support at 18002097979 and lodged complaint twice each after the repairs carried at Sterling Motors, Solapur (in Sept. 10 and Oct. 10).
But everytime the Works Manager Mr. Nitin Patil closes the complaint.
When I called the Customer Support third time to know the status of my complaint, the Customer Support Executive told me that both times Mr. Nitin Patil closed the complaint stating that the problem has been resolved which in fact was or should I say is still yet to be resolved.

Now I am thinking to file a Case against this in Consumer Forums.
Should I file it against the Sterling Motors, Solapur or Tata Motors Ltd or both?

i would suggest on all 3, as all have played their respective roles in torturing you brutally for the faith and money that you`d invested in their car and dealership and service promises

warm regards
Old 23rd February 2011, 14:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Power Window's Winding Motors of Front Left and Rear Left were replaced at Sterling Motors, Solapur.
When I took delivery, the Front Right Power Window started behaving abnormally. The Window moves upwards 70-80% and gets blocked at that position. I have to pull the glass backwards (towards backside of car) and then pull the PW Button to get the glass shut completely.
Also the Starter makes some unusual noise while Cranking. Both of above problems cropped up after the car was given for repairs in Oct 2010.

This is really Unprofessional Job from Sterling Motors, Solapur.
The Prices of Spare Parts at Sterling Motors, Solapur are 20-25% higher than the Prices at Pandit Automotives, Pune.

Sterling Motors might be collecting 20-25% extra on Spares to recover the Transportation Charges from Pune to Solapur.

The After Sales Service of Chavan Motors, Solapur was Better than Sterling Motors in ALL Respect. But Chavan Motors had shut down the TASS due to Short Supply of Spare Parts from Tata Motors Ltd, Pune.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 23rd February 2011 at 15:17. Reason: I wanted to add some text.
Old 23rd February 2011, 22:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
We own Tata Indigo XL Grand Dicor, purchased on 03-05-2007 from 'Sterling Motors, Solapur'.
...the car met with an accident (A dog came in front of car and got killed), which cost about Rs.35000/-. (Odometer reading 8,500kms.)..
Way OFF-TOPIC, but wanted to say this.
I once hit a dog on the highway (i was doing 120 kmph; would have avoided it if any slower) on my Ford Ikon; saw on the rear view it didn't even move after . The only damage was - the right fog lamp got off.
On my next trip to service station found that the bulb had dislodged and had to replace it... no other expenses.

A friend of mine on his Accent hit a dog again, had to replace his front bumper.

I'm not saying Ford makes strong cars, but the build can't be flimsy...

Last edited by AvinashKeezh : 23rd February 2011 at 22:42. Reason: typo
Old 6th March 2011, 15:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

I did not get any Feedback from Sterling Motors, Solapur or Tata Motors Ltd yet on my queries.
I had emailed them the Link of this Topic but did not get any reply from either of them.
Old 6th March 2011, 16:35   #28
BHPian

The reason why such nonsense happens in India on a recurrent basis is the firm belief of the corporate sector and the traders who are the interface between and the companies and the clients in the Indian judicial system. They are firm believers that a customer will tend to avoid litigation because of the long delays and ascribe the unfortunate experience to fate and cut his/her losses and move on.

The ONLY, I repeat the ONLY remedy to such nonsense is to take recourse to litigation. Once the company sees that you are a litigatious person and do not mind spending the money required to litigate, the tone of interaction changes. More often than not to contrite and sometimes even towards cordiality from indifference and "karle jo tune karna hai" attitude. If you do not desire to take this route then my guess is you have very less chances of any remedy to solve your problems.

Last edited by RS_DEL : 6th March 2011 at 16:37.
RS_DEL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 18:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
The reason why such nonsense happens in India on a recurrent basis is the firm belief of the corporate sector and the traders who are the interface between and the companies and the clients in the Indian judicial system. They are firm believers that a customer will tend to avoid litigation because of the long delays and ascribe the unfortunate experience to fate and cut his/her losses and move on.
I did not file the case for the above reason (long delays) and my dad does not like me doing such things.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th June 2011 at 12:52. Reason: Splitting post on request
Old 24th November 2012, 18:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Please through the below videos which I recorded on my mobile for our Tata Indigo XL Grand Dicor--

1)This video shows that the Temp. Gauge fell from near Half Mark (45% i.e.80-85 Deg C) to near C (15-20% i.e. 30-35 Deg C) On showing this video to the Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur TASC, I got reply "Sir this is normal (Normal My Foot ). The Temp. of Coolant drops due to the Wind that is flowing from front end of the car. If the Temp Gauge rises above Half Mark, then tell us. We will do something". When I asked them to show this kind of behaviour in another car, they had no answer.

2) This video too shows that the Temp. Gauge start falling down and after some time Check Engine Light Glows.
For this I got reply from the above TASC "There was EGR Error and we have deleted it".

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 24th November 2012 at 18:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks