Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 08:51   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
It includes Damper as well as Coil Spring.

Oh you bought the coil spring too ,that's why it was so costly.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 28th February 2016, 21:35   #47
BHPian

Re: My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.

I have to agree that while I have not had many serious issues with TATA service ,I readily concur that they have tremendous scope for improvement and I am quite vocal about this point whenever the matter arises in a conversation.
However yesterday i.e.27/2/2016 while on the way to Pune the accelerator cable of our Safari TCIC snapped. My parents and their friends were in the car.
It happened just after exiting the expressway at the Pune end. There was a TATA showroom/Workshop by the name of YASH AUTO. The service they extended was to be applauded. The first ensured that everyone was seated comfortably in the customer lounge and tea and refreshments served. Unfortunately they did not have the accelerator cable in stock but with good old "jugaad" of using a spring to make up for the shortened cable they repaired the car for no charge--neither part nor labour.
I thought it important to mention this firstly so that the good work done by the dealer in question should be known and appreciated by all and secondly I believe that we must be just a liberal with praise as with the scorns.
They did a good job and I hope that word gets out and all their dealers also take note and improve.

Thanks
Anosh.F.Dhondy
anoshdhondy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 02:46   #48
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I came across this thread about the TATA endurance challenge, and it got me thinking. My current ride is a Swift Vdi 2010 make, inching close to the 90k km mark. I thought, let me see if I can replace this with a Bolt or Zest Diesel, since I'm quite delighted with the performance of the Fiat Multijet diesel engine, and I'm hearing so much on how Tata is improving. Also, we already have the Zest Petrol in the family and I do find it underpowered especially when driving on inclines.

So, today, I stopped at the Tata showroom on my way back from work. The sales staff were not well informed, but were courteous and friendly. The quote for the top end Bolt Diesel was 9+ lacs and the Zest Diesel was 9.63 lacs on road, Mumbai.

While that left me stunned, the guy asked me if I would like to exchange my current ride. He offered a quick valuation. The valuation was thorough. They took copies of my insurance papers, my RC card, they took photographs of the car from all angles, opened the boot, checked the tyres, stephney, opened the engine bay, checked the AC cooling, checking the steering wheel play, checked the seat covers, shock absorbers, started the engine, noted the kms, heck they even checked my wiper rubber. Very thorough and I was very impressed with their attention to detail.

Then 10 minutes later, while I was trying to haggle for discounts with the sales guys, they offered me 1.4 lacs for my car. I could not digest that, so I asked them for the basis of the valuation. They told me its based on market research. Then when I probed further, they called their boss, and he said 1.8 lacs. Apparently he had thought its a VXi not Vdi. Surprising, since they had my documents with them, and they had started the "not so quiet" diesel motor. Well, that made me see red, so I took my papers back and started walking out, and this Used Car valuation guy asks me to give a quote as to how much I want. I ask him to check the valuation online and to look at the IDV. He does not reply, but looks sourfaced.

I'm just wondering, if anyone here thinks that the Bolt diesel top end is VALUE FOR MONEY at 9 lacs? Is this such a great deal? A year ago, we bought the top end Zest Petrol for less than 8 lacs, and now this?

I think Tata needs to rethink its strategy for Bolt, its simply not appealing at this price point.
Old 30th March 2016, 22:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I'm just wondering, if anyone here thinks that the Bolt diesel top end is VALUE FOR MONEY at 9 lacs? Is this such a great deal?
Surely not. TML has realized this and they give a lot of cash discounts/exchange bonuses etc when you get down to negotiating with them. The quantum of discounts seem to change month on month. Not sure what rationale is applied to arrive at the discount figure. They could have just reduced the price of the model when they saw that the sales numbers did not pick up.

The Bolt has been overpriced since day 1, which was probably the reason why it never took off. I would have been driving around in a Bolt XMS too, if only it hadn't been priced just 15k below the Zest XMS when it was launched. I now drive a Zest XMS
perty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 22:49   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Also, we already have the Zest Petrol in the family and I do find it underpowered especially when driving on inclines.
Though this may not be the right thread for this question, which inclines did you feel the Zest petrol underpowered? I have taken it through Western Ghats & Coorg fully loaded & found it adequate, especially in Sports mode.

Yes, some steep inclines you switch off the AC to get some additional zing, but you rarely need it in the hills anyway.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 15:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
Surely not. TML has realized this and they give a lot of cash discounts/exchange bonuses etc when you get down to negotiating with them. The quantum of discounts seem to change month on month. Not sure what rationale is applied to arrive at the discount figure. They could have just reduced the price of the model when they saw that the sales numbers did not pick up.

The Bolt has been overpriced since day 1, which was probably the reason why it never took off. I would have been driving around in a Bolt XMS too, if only it hadn't been priced just 15k below the Zest XMS when it was launched. I now drive a Zest XMS
Yes, I thought it was way too overpriced. 9 lacs for a hatchback from the Tata stable, err no way.

The max discount that they offered me was about 50k, so it was still about 8.5lacs for the Bolt. Still not VFM.

I thought the Zest was a much better deal, at only 60,000 more than the Bolt. Might consider that in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Though this may not be the right thread for this question, which inclines did you feel the Zest petrol underpowered? I have taken it through Western Ghats & Coorg fully loaded & found it adequate, especially in Sports mode.

Yes, some steep inclines you switch off the AC to get some additional zing, but you rarely need it in the hills anyway.
The Zest is a very comfortable car, and the top end Petrol variant we have is very well appointed, so its a great car, but sorry to say, the 1.2 liter Revotron struggles even if we have to climb a mild incline in 2nd gear. Like say, climbing a flyover from standstill would require you to climb the entire flyover in 1st. Car just cant seem to manage on shifting to 2nd gear, unless the incline is over.Shown it to Tata Motors, and they just shrug it off.
Old 31st March 2016, 16:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:
The Zest is a very comfortable car, and the top end Petrol variant we have is very well appointed, so its a great car, but sorry to say, the 1.2 liter Revotron struggles even if we have to climb a mild incline in 2nd gear. Like say, climbing a flyover from standstill would require you to climb the entire flyover in 1st. Car just cant seem to manage on shifting to 2nd gear, unless the incline is over. Shown it to Tata Motors, and they just shrug it off.
Interesting, I didnt experience this so far during my Western Ghats drive, I have to try this out some more so that I can be sure of it before taking it up to Spiti-Leh etc as planned this year!
Old 31st March 2016, 16:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about petrol car but in diesel turbo Manza we cannot start off from stand still in 2nd gear on an incline because the revvs do not reach the sweet spot to surge the car forward. I am assuming it should be the same for revotron. I guess its because of the turbo lag.
Old 31st March 2016, 16:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Not sure about petrol car but in diesel turbo Manza we cannot start off from stand still in 2nd gear on an incline because the revvs do not reach the sweet spot to surge the car forward. I am assuming it should be the same for revotron. I guess its because of the turbo lag.
Yes, you're probably right, the turbo only kicks in near 2000 rpm. The only problem with the Revotron is that even if we're in motion and we now try to shift to 2nd, while still climbing the incline, it cant pull, it needs to be in the 1st gear till it climbs the incline fully. In my Swift diesel, there's no problem switching to 2nd, while still climbing. I think it has to do with the increased weight of the Zest as compared to the Swift, and the smaller engine displacement.
Old 11th March 2019, 15:28   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: February 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The problem for TATA now is not in its products but in its Brand,ASS and the sales team that is a complete dud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
Sadly my experience with Tata has been pretty bad as well.
That pretty much sums up my experience with Tata as well - across 2 dealers. I visited one dealership at least 3 times. The first time, I was almost out of the showroom after roaming around aimlessly on the floor for 15 mins, siting in all their display models etc, when someone casually walked up to me to ask what is it that am looking for.

They send out test drive cars to service for full day on Sundays! Beat that! And the other dealer had sent it to someone's home.

After some discussions, Tata SA told me, TATA doesn't allow second test drive once you have taken one - on the same enquiry. Genius!

Then there is the matter of handling charges. Inspite of court orders, all their dealers are charging it. And they are adamant about it as TATA has "approved" it.

Lastly, you come across videos like man-handling customers in dealerships.

I usually don't mind follow-up or no follow-up as it really depends on the model in question. If it is a hot favorite, sales reps rarely follow-up.

After Tata, I visited Ford, Maruti Nexa, Honda. Never was I alone for more than a couple of mins. The best "sales" experience for me so far has been with Ford. Maruti is as predictable as ever - nothing more, nothing less, and that's their strength I suppose.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 08:42   #56

Can anyone please suggest a reasonably well mannered Tata Motors dealer in South Delhi?
I want to try out the Hexa, but the horrible reports of Tata Motors dealers and after sales service is a major deterrent.
Wouldn't want to visit a dealership to be given a cold shoulder.
Someone with professionalism will suffice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks