Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 10:51   #46
BHPian

My experience

Hello Folks,

My experience with Trident Hyundai has been nothing but outstanding.

Details of my ownership

Car : Accent CRDi
Model Year : 2005
Service Centre : Yeshwanthpur

The sales process was the probably the best I have ever had. The sales personnel has moved on to another field but we still share pleasantries

Service has been top notch.

The only time I had a gripe was with my EGR valve issue. I used Hi-Speed diesel and boy o boy my car used to smoke worse than a old lorry

When I reported this it was identified as an EGR issue as the valve wasn't opening / closing. Cleaned and fixed the same.

But we didn't fix the source of the problem and the problem returned in 100 kms !!

I was livid. Went to the service station (took the day off). This trip increased my respect for the centre significantly. The Service centre manager looking at me got onto it himself. After 3+ hrs of analyzing the issue it was identified the problem was Hi-speed diesel.

His approach was very practical and objective.

Since then I have never looked back. I swear by these guys.

Some of the SA's that I want to recognize are Sudhir , Dharshan. Just phenomenal.

The same was echoed by a friend of mine who picked an i20 recently.

All I can say is that I a very happy customer

This is the only reason why I am not looking outside Hyundai for my second vehicle

Cheers

Sateesh
Old 5th August 2010, 10:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

I too have good experience with their Yeshwantpur service centre. Cannot say the same about the one at Sarjapur Road though. Last time when I gave my car for service here, the only thing they seem to do is some water spray on the body. Nothing else was touched, including spare wheel, boot area, engine bay etc. They also claimed to have changed some brake pads/linings or something, which I did not have a problem to start with. My concern about some rattles in the suspension was not addressed. Overall the bill came to about 10k.
Old 5th August 2010, 11:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Some of the SA's that I want to recognize are Sudhir , Dharshan. Just phenomenal.
I would like to mention my experience's with the above SA's.
To give the background, we have been using hyundai cars for last 13 years and it was always Yeswantapur service center till last year.
First Instance,
Last year my brother had a accident near vellore and we had to replace the radiator, etc. But the engine was getting hotter even after the radiator replacement. So we went to Trident as usual and Darshan had his folks look around and they could not figure out the issue. After three to four rounds to the service center, Darshan came up with the solution that the ECM has gone and we have to replace it. My brother and me were all surprised to hear that and Darshan did not had any explaination for it. We did not get it changed as the quote given by Darshan for the change was around 1.2 lakhs.
Next we heard some good reviews about Bosch Service centre in West of Chord road and had the vehicle checked with them. They rectified the issue without the replacement of ECM.
Second Instance,
After we took i10 within 8 months the clutch had become really hard. So again visited Trident and Darshan suggested change in the clutch cable and it was replaced. After the replacement, right at the service center, i noticed that they had not adjusted the ply of the pedals properly and even the clutch was hard. Immediately got it to the notice of Mr.Darshan, then again he started off with lame excuses, you drive for some days its a new clutch cable, etc. I insisted upon adjusting the ply, then he said the clutch assembly has gone, we have to replace and i will have to pay for it even though it is under warranty, less than one year old.

All together there responses towards our complaintants was going down. Like, these people are coming here so long and they won't leave them.

These instances made me to approach Advaith for service. They replaced the whole clutch assembly free of cost and till today no hassles with the service with them.

@MMY56,
With regards to Sales, i would recommend Advaith rather than Trident again their responses to customers are not good anymore. This is again personal experience of buying 4 vehicles from them.
Old 5th August 2010, 11:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post

These instances made me to approach Advaith for service.

@MMY56,
With regards to Sales, i would recommend Advaith rather than Trident again their responses to customers are not good anymore. This is again personal experience of buying 4 vehicles from them.
Hi Santosh

I am sorry to hear your experiences. It is unfortunate. I am glad Advaith and Bosch have been able to help without much of financial impact

This is the beauty of the open forum. Touch wood my experience has been positive.

I will be visiting these guys next week for my suspension issue / analysis. From the symptoms it is clear that my tie rod ends, lower arm and steering column bush are affected. Let me see if they are able to identify the issue quickly.

Will keep you all posted on the same.

Cheers

Sateesh
Old 10th August 2010, 10:03   #50
BHPian

Recent experience with Trident

Hello Folks,

I visited Trident Yeshwantpur again to fix a "noise" that is heard under very specific conditions.

A big thanks to our Distinguished BHPian SS-Traveller who gave pointed suggestions that hastened the process.

The issue was noise coming from the front during hard braking or when we climb the pedestrian friendly mountain (a.k.a speed breakers)

We suspected tie-roe end, steering rack ball joint, shock absorber dampers.

Reported the problem to Trident folks !! As they say when you visit the doc the symptoms vanish. I couldn't demonstrate the problem. The SA said the tyre pressure must be low.. Check them it was at 28psi increased it to 30psi and drove around. The problem showed up.

Cheif mechanic was called for and sat with me for the test drive and he said the problem was with the plate protecting the oil sump!!

Removed the plate and removed the bend and fixed it back again and the problem is gone.

Best of all the whole thing was FOC

The entire experience was a very good one.

Thanks

Sateesh
Old 10th August 2010, 10:15   #51
BANNED

I too a Trident Customer and very happy with them. They are good and eager to help.

One thing i don't like is the repeated calls for making sure the rating points from my side. 1 or 2 feed back calls are OK, But asking a customer specifically to rate them above 8 is not acceptable.

First you start believe in your service, then the customer automatically do the needful. Please don't ask RESPECT.
Old 10th August 2010, 11:42   #52
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Have been with Trident for about 7 years, never got any reason to complain, v good service and support.I did suggest that they need to figure out adding more space or people to Domlur service center as its overloaded and the quality of service suffers at times a little. Folks have been eager to respond to any problems and buying experience was good too.
I can see the Trident folks who are looking at this thread grinning seeing the positive posts
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:12   #53
BHPian

Re: Trident Hyundai, Bangalore

I am very new to Bangalore .
Can someone recommend a Hyundai Dealership for someone who is not familiar with the local language and hence a little apprehensive
Old 2nd July 2011, 17:04   #54
BHPian

@Nitin, I have visited both Advaith and Trident showrooms at multiple places and found the reception and service equally good.. I went along with Trident because they were a bit more flexible with freebies..

I have dealt with Trident in indira nagar and in kanakapura road. Their pro-active service and courteousness was refreshing.

I had given my car for fixing up a few scratches and dents in kanakapura road trident. The service official was very helpful and took care of the whole insurance process and what needed to be done...

I guess, knowing the local language doesnt matter for buying a car.. But then, knowing a little always helps.. I once got lost after sarjapura near bangalore-malur stretch.. Gave a lift for a local on the way who showed me directions. He was pleasantly surprised when i spoke a little in kannada!
odyssey045 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

I bought my i20 at Trident Hyundai, Indira Nagar.

All i can say is, I was simply moved by their customer service ! Courteousness, listening to customers, polite behavior by every individual in showroom, everything from A to Z was simply superb.

I gave my car for first service last weekend, and the service station too is equally good.

In short, there is absolutely no reason to complain, when it comes to the way they deal with customers in every aspect.

Hats off to Trident Hyundai !

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 3rd July 2011 at 22:35.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 21:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinBatra View Post
I am very new to Bangalore .
Can someone recommend a Hyundai Dealership for someone who is not familiar with the local language and hence a little apprehensive
Both TRIDENT and ADVAITH are good and recommended, I am not familiar with BLUE HYUNDAI though. I bought my car from ADVAITH RESIDENCY ROAD and had a pleasant experience.

Thanks,
Rajiv
rajiv.kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 01:02   #57
BHPian

I have had bad experience with Trident Hyundai, once at their dealership and next at the service center.

Had been to the dealership to TD an i20 diesel and managed to get one in 30 minutes from the time I walked in. However, my luck with sales rep was bad and got a not so well informed and a rude one. The TD car was a brand new, unregistered and speedo disconnected possibly some customer's car and half into the TD was rudely told by the SR to slow down and drive only under 60kmph on an empty stretch because supposedly other people had banged up TD cars before. In my experience in TD of new cars, nowhere ever have I faced a SR response that cold where I was not even pushing the car over the limit, let alone the fact that they offered an unregistered speedo disconnected car for TD. Not to mention, I didn't go in for the Hyundai after the experience (not that I liked the car even and combined with the SR response wanted to dump it half way into it) and settled for a Polo at the end.

Had been to their service center on the Seshadripuram main road for some work relating to the dealership (not a service appointment) and there was no parking anywhere on the outside. Took my Polo inside the service center and was rudely asked by the manager of the place let alone the illiterate security persons to get out of the premises without any provocation from my side. Sorted the matter appropriately later but my experience with Trident Hyundai projects them to be a bunch of unprofessional and rude people who require some training in basic etiquette and ethics.

Last edited by v.anand : 12th July 2011 at 01:12.
Old 2nd January 2012, 10:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

I had a horrible experience after servicing my car at Trident service center, Inner Ring Road, Domlur (opposite Dell).

I have been a Trident Hyundai customer for the last nine years. In fact, I have been buying and servicing cars only from them. I have recommended them to my friends (in the forum and outside forum). Of late, they have become interested in selling additives than servicing the car properly.

I gave my car for service just before my long drive to Kerala. The only issue I had was that the car was jerking mildly while accelerating in initial gears (not after changing gears using clutch). I told SA (service adviser) to check the car thoroughly as i am going for a long trip with family. I agreed to SA's recommendation to replace all the drive belts (alternator, AC and power steering) as the car is 4 years old. I got a call at 4:30 PM instructing me to collect the car at 5:45 PM. I was made to wait till 7:30 PM as they were trying to fix the jerking issue. The jerking issue was attributed to voltage fluctuations in the alternator and they claimed to fix it. They wanted me to replace the water pump as it was making a mild noise, I dropped the car the next day and it was replaced under warranty. They assured me that the car is fine.

The car started making squeaking noise on the highway as the alternator belt went out of place. The bolt attached to the alternator fell down on the way as it was not tightened properly by Trident after replacing the drive belt and the alternator was freely moving. I somehow managed to take the car to a mechanic. We waited for him to buy a bolt which fits the alternator. The problem got solved!

The jerking issue resurfaced while going to kerala, I did not take it seriously as it was a mild jerk in initial gears and I did not have time to get it repaired from Hyundai in Kerala - big mistake! The return back to Bangalore was an overnight journey. The car started jerking like a horse while accelerating in all gears. I was worried about getting stuck in highway after midnight with family. I had a tough time in getting the car back to bangalore. I intend to take the car back to Trident tomorrow.

My faith with Trident is gone.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 2nd January 2012 at 10:12.
Old 27th September 2012, 11:32   #59
BHPian

Posting below an experience of my boss who was looking for a good hatch. He was keen on a polo or an i20. His mail below to Trident Hyundai and HMIL tells the story. Needless to say, he bought a Polo the same day. I have removed the names of the sales reps etc. from the mail text.

[i]To;
Trident Hyundai, K.R Puram, Bangalore
Customer Care, Hyundai Motor, India

Dear Sir,

I want to bring to your attention that on Sat 22/9 I brought my Elentra to exchange it for an i20. I had the car and the cheque book in hand to make the purchase. I met with your rep Mr. XXXX with a prior appointment with the clear communication I was going ahead with the purchase. After keeping my wife and myself waiting 30min, he walked to the car made a 5min inspection and came back with an exchange offer of 135,000 for a 2005 top of the line Elentra. Your own workshop just a day before said it could be worth 3-3.5 lakhs.
We walked out of your showroom. We did that fully knowing of offers from Maruti, VW, True Value that was more than double of what Mr. Raj had the audacity to offer.
It is absolutely appalling that an existing Hyundai customer is turned away in such a manner. Not only is your showroom represented by pathetic incompetence, but also absolute arrogance to lose business in such an indifferent manner.
I have now exchanged my Hyundai for a competing model, having received more than double of what your Mr. XXXX had to offer.
Hyundai, you really must have more faith in your own cars! I am sure you know very well it is far easier to retain a customer, than to acquire one not to mention lose one. Pity you have someone like Mr. XXXX who just didn’t get it.

Srikant
Executive Director & Country Head, .......
Old 1st October 2012, 15:58   #60
BHPian

I just serviced my i10 at the Trident Domlur Ring Road service center yesterday morning (was a Sunday). I liked the SA because though he didn't seem too knowledgeable, once I told him I would like to stand beside my car during the entire service duration, he said that I could do so. (I saw at least one other person doing the same thing for his i20. I was a bit apprehensive of not being near the car after hearing about the recent spare parts strike at Hyundai and thinking that parts could be flicked from my car if I wasn't there besides it.

I opted for the 2 hour service (since nothing was wrong with the car) and stood by the car from washing (yes - they did this first since the washing bay was free at that time) till the actual oil / oil filter replacement and other tasks. There were only 2 points during the service that I had to intervene. The first point was when the mechanic was changing the oil filter, he did not smear the gasket on the filter with oil before fitting it on the engine (standard practice when changing an oil filter from several automobile books I've read). I was surprised becase this same thing happened in the last service where I had to tell the mechanic to do it - seems like mechanics are not trained to do it. The other issue I had is though the car is an automatic, they didnt bother checking the auto transaxle fluid, until I explicitly told them to do so. In addition, they took out the wheels and inspected the calipers and brake pads.

My i10 is equipped with a sun roof (OEM) and the washing guys did not know how to open it. Also I observed that they were wiping the sun roof glass and surroundings pretty forcefully. Once i saw that the wind deflector on the sunroom was in danger of being damaged with their forceful wiping, I had to intervene and actually do it myself!

The service was finished in about 1.5 hours though the billing took another 25 minutes and I had to remind them about 2 times that I was waiting for the bill. The estimate they gave me was Rs.3500 and they finally gave me a bill for Rs.2700. Of course the SA came to me for the feedback and I gave him a 10 on all counts leaving him with a smile.

Of course till now my car (which I purchased in Nov. 2010, and run only 4300 km till date) has not gone through any major repair. It remans to be seen whether horror stories come up if and when it has to actually go in for a major repair.

And of course I was pleasantly surprised to see the record of the service for the car updated on the Hyundai Customer Website next morning when I logged in to check.

Last edited by motorguy : 1st October 2012 at 16:01. Reason: Typo error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks