Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 16:23   #811
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
This is not covered under insurance. As this is a wear and tear which is not payable under insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Surjit,

Please understand the basic knowledge of claim. Better once go through the Terms and conditions of your Insurance company given to you along with premium certificate, Inthat booklet it is clearly mentioned the claim items and the percentage of claim you get. Tyre,tube,fan belt and items like wear and tear are not covered under Insurance.
Thanks people for your replies. I know my questions is very stupid and am aware of the fact that insurance doesn't cover wear-n-tear parts. I was forced to ask such an question because some people in Bangalore claimed to have replaced tyres too under insurance claims.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:49   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Thanks people for your replies. I know my questions is very stupid and am aware of the fact that insurance doesn't cover wear-n-tear parts. I was forced to ask such an question because some people in Bangalore claimed to have replaced tyres too under insurance claims.
Sujith,

The statement that tyres were replaced under insurance claims is not totally baseless.

If in an accident the tyre/s of the car is damaged as well then you would get 50% of the tyre & tube as well.

E.g. Say a car had a front right corner collission and along with the crumpled 'corner' one of the tie-rods pocked in to the tyre itself. In this scenario 50% cost of the tyre would be allowable under the claim.

E.g. Say a car is running and a tyre burst causes the car to veer-off or turn-over and sustain damages, then the resultant damages would be payable and the tyre itself, would not be allowable.

So it depends on what the "people" were talking about.

The scenario you are talking about is not an accidental situation but a run of the mill case in maintaining/keeping a car.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride safe

Ram
Old 5th January 2010, 17:09   #813
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Sujith,

The statement that tyres were replaced under insurance claims is not totally baseless.

If in an accident the tyre/s of the car is damaged as well then you would get 50% of the tyre & tube as well.

E.g. Say a car had a front right corner collission and along with the crumpled 'corner' one of the tie-rods pocked in to the tyre itself. In this scenario 50% cost of the tyre would be allowable under the claim.

E.g. Say a car is running and a tyre burst causes the car to veer-off or turn-over and sustain damages, then the resultant damages would be payable and the tyre itself, would not be allowable.

So it depends on what the "people" were talking about.

The scenario you are talking about is not an accidental situation but a run of the mill case in maintaining/keeping a car.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride safe

Ram

Got it Ram, thanks. So I will have to shell out some cash now
Old 5th January 2010, 17:47   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rupesh,

It has happened in the past (before 1992). So why not now.

From the posts, there is a definitive pattern on the damage. From which the Surveyor can make his own conclusions. All he will need is a supporting document which can be in the form of the FIR.

But now with many of the private players reprtedly having unwritten instructions "to deny all claims in the first instance" in the fond hope people would be discouraged from first denial (there was a John Grisham's novel on Insurance, which elaborated this strategy of insurers - the name just is out of my recall for now), I don't know how these things work these days.

This would essentially be treated as a "malicious damage" claim and not a traffic incident and nothing in the insurance policy prevents it being treated as a single claim.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
I will have to check this one form some surveyor or someone, give me some time to check this one.

Quote:
One more point which I would like to add with what Ram is saying: -

You need to have company fitted tires for the claim to get approved or if you have some add-on in the tire then that has to be added under the Non-Electrical Accessories section then only the claim is payable.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:10   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi ,
I have car policy from ICICI lombard which is due to expire on 2nd feb 2010. I want to change the insurer as I have read enough horror stories about ICICIlombard insurance.
I am confused as to which one to choose.
I am opting for both driver and passenger cover for amount of Rs. 2Lakh.
Now the ICICI Lombard renewal premium after NCB is 7056/-(I guess just the basic cover) and the IDV is 3,47,200/-
After I checked online on www.policybazaar.com , i am getting an IDV 3,80,000/- for the sept 2008 manufactured Ford IKon Flair registered in March 2009 and the premium ranges from 8k to 10k including the TP liability, passenger and driver accident cover, which I feel is on the higher side. I have a quote from Tata-AIG for Rs. 9000 and IDV of 3,42,000. I feel the IDV is less here and premium is on the higher side but they are offering other value added features.
I am attaching the word file for the same.
I also chatted with IFFCO-TOKIO agent online, the details of which is attached in other word file.

What I want !!
I want you people to advise me in choosing the best insurance,which offers me reasonable IDV, should be less than 10K(less the better) and which can be trusted in event of claim.
This is the first renewal of the insurance.

Thanks.
First and the most important thing is :- "Please don't compair your any quotes with Icici or Reliance, and if possible please stay away from this two companies."

Please check your service station with which insurance company they have a insurance tieup with preffer that insurance company first. Even if that insurance company ask for little bit more premium also - pay it as that will help you in case of claim. Idv you can change in all the companies quote. Ideally it should be 10% to 20% less from the last year's Idv.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:12   #816
BANNED

Quote:
I will have to check this one form some surveyor or someone, give me some time to check this one.

One more point which I would like to add with what Ram is saying: -

You need to have company fitted tires for the claim to get approved or if you have some add-on in the tire then that has to be added under the Non-Electrical Accessories section then only the claim is payable.
Its running on company fitted Bridgestone 13" tyres.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:13   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its running on company fitted Bridgestone 13" tyres.
Then you can claim, if there is an accident.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:45   #818
BANNED

Quote:
Then you can claim, if there is an accident.
It wasn't a Collision accident, but I accidentally ran over 2 nails
Obviously running over nails can be considered as accident, just joking !
Old 6th January 2010, 10:53   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I

Little clarification here for the benefit of all.

Tyres are not really treated as addons. If you have some fancy tyres (as long as they are recomended/compatible for the vehicle in question) better declare the value to the insurers and pay the additional premium, if there is a provision for it, so that you claim for those tyres if they are damaged in an accident.

Now even if you have not done as above, in the event your "after market" tyres are damaged in a ccident you have the right to get the 50% depreciated cost of the stanadard tyres which are normally fitted to your type of vehicle. Again please note that these "after market" tyres should be certified for use with your type of vehicle either by the vehicle manufacturer or by the tyre manufacturer.

"Company fitted tyre" is not a pre-condition as such for reimbursing the cost of a tyre damaged in an accident.

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 6th January 2010 at 10:55.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:05   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First and the most important thing is :- "Please don't compair your any quotes with Icici or Reliance, and if possible please stay away from this two companies."

Please check your service station with which insurance company they have a insurance tieup with preffer that insurance company first. Even if that insurance company ask for little bit more premium also - pay it as that will help you in case of claim. Idv you can change in all the companies quote. Ideally it should be 10% to 20% less from the last year's Idv.
Hi rjvora,
Thanks for the reply.
The ICICI Lombard insurance was provided by the dealer itself. I'll again check and confirm, if they are tied up with any other insurer.
Yesterday ICICI lombard gave fresh quotes which was even lower than what they offered initially for renewal.
Their offer is as under for IDV of 3,80,720/-
1) driver cover-2lakhs = 6350/-
2) Driver cover 2 lakhs + passenger cover-1lakhs = 6674/-
3) Driver cover-2lakhs + passenger cover-2lakhs = 6950/-
I have not looked at bajaj allianz as option.
Can you advise me depending on your experience as to which Insurer would be better and will provide VFM service.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:31   #821
Senior - BHPian

Hi rjvora_2000

I have a simple (and stupid) question about insurance.

My car is KA registered and I am currently living in Kerala. My car's insurance got expired few months back, and days before expiry, I took a new Insurance from 'New India Insurance' through a Kerala based agent at Trivandrum.

Now my car is KA registered and my Insurance is taken from Kerala. Is there any insurance related issue with this setup? Will I face problems while making claims for some reason?

Thanks!
Old 6th January 2010, 11:48   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Hi rjvora_2000

My car is KA registered and I am currently living in Kerala. My car's insurance got expired few months back, and days before expiry, I took a new Insurance from 'New India Insurance' through a Kerala based agent at Trivandrum.

Now my car is KA registered and my Insurance is taken from Kerala. Is there any insurance related issue with this setup? Will I face problems while making claims for some reason?

Thanks!
Clevermax,

Your car must have a life time tax on it I guess. So the Registration is current and valid. Hence, there are no issues in any insurance claim as long as your Vehicle Reg No., Engine # and Chasis # match up with that stated in the Insurance Policy/Certificate.

You will have issues only when the Keral Police gets in to one of those moods (when some one remembers this as a bright idea to make some money both for the state and/or in to provate Pockets) to check and fine the non Kerala Registered Vehicles. As per MV Rules, you are required to get the vehicle transferred to your usual area of residence/operation with in 6 months (may be 1 year - I am not sure of the time).

So if the authorities wants you will have to prove that you are just visiting the area and not a permenant/log term resident in TVM. Othewise Kerala State can be richer from your purse.

In Trivandrum TN Registered vehicles can get away as they assumed to be visiting in from Nagercoil side. But KA registration will definitely stand out and you better be ready with a plausible explanation

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 6th January 2010 at 11:53.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:57   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So if the authorities wants you will have to prove that you are just visiting the area and not a permenant/log term resident in TVM. Othewise Kerala State can be richer from your purse.

In Trivandrum TN Registered vehicles can get away as they assumed to be visiting in from Nagercoil side. But KA registration will definitely stand out and you better be ready with a plausible explanation
Ram
Thanks Ram.

I have life time tax paid for the car.

Yea, I know Police can anytime start catching KA vehicles. But so far during this 1+ year of stay, it has never happened. Once I even stopped my car to attend a call right in front of a gang of policemen catching cars & bikes for seat belt & helmet violations.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:21   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Hi rjvora_2000

Thanks!
Your claim will not have any problem and for the explanation DITO to what Ram is saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi rjvora,
Thanks for the reply.
The ICICI Lombard insurance was provided by the dealer itself. I'll again check and confirm, if they are tied up with any other insurer.
Yesterday ICICI lombard gave fresh quotes which was even lower than what they offered initially for renewal.
Their offer is as under for IDV of 3,80,720/-
1) driver cover-2lakhs = 6350/-
2) Driver cover 2 lakhs + passenger cover-1lakhs = 6674/-
3) Driver cover-2lakhs + passenger cover-2lakhs = 6950/-
I have not looked at bajaj allianz as option.
Can you advise me depending on your experience as to which Insurer would be better and will provide VFM service.
Sirji I will again request you to stay away from Icici and there quotes please. I am really not in to the mood of saying anything else then this.

Don't waste your time and my time too. If you are comparing the rates then let me tell you that they are the best in the business.

...and worse in the claim.

Icici is one of the company which does not qualify to compare with any other company.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:26   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Little clarification here for the benefit of all.

Tyres are not really treated as addons. If you have some fancy tyres (as long as they are recomended/compatible for the vehicle in question) better declare the value to the insurers and pay the additional premium, if there is a provision for it, so that you claim for those tyres if they are damaged in an accident.

Now even if you have not done as above, in the event your "after market" tyres are damaged in a ccident you have the right to get the 50% depreciated cost of the stanadard tyres which are normally fitted to your type of vehicle. Again please note that these "after market" tyres should be certified for use with your type of vehicle either by the vehicle manufacturer or by the tyre manufacturer.

"Company fitted tyre" is not a pre-condition as such for reimbursing the cost of a tyre damaged in an accident.

Ram
Ram I need to thank you for this explanation as I was also not knowing this but same thing I got it conformed from the insurance company surveyor. What you are saying is "Right" the claim will be paid for the normal, company fitted tire for 50%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks