Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:36   #766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
I had met with an accident last year. The same was discussed in another thread. The case was pursued by police after a year. I went to the concerend police station and got my self bailed out. In a nutshell:

A bike was hit by my car. I took the lady to the hospital give her some money and went from there. There were no major injury. Also it was bikers fault. May be after I had left they made a police complaint. Now police is pursuing this case after one year. What I want to know is the lady who was injured is now asking for compensation for a huge amount approx. one and half lacs through legal process. My question is what do I have to do in such case. It was not my fault. I have to consult a lawyer also but just a question. What ever compensation court decides who pays me or the insurance company.
Brother,

Court case + legal expense + compensation everything will be handled by insurance company. Just intimate them and they may tell you to submit some requirements and rest everything will be handled by insure.

Who is the insurer?
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:43   #767
BHPian

Thanks brother. Its Reliance..
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:45   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks brother. Its Reliance..
Ohh.. God help you.

Now where is the matter? They people helping you properly?
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:00   #769
BHPian

Why are they so bad. The case has just started. Wil update you tomorrow the exact thing. I have just got a letter from the court today at home.which I have not yet seen.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:16   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Just figures

Highest view (21629+) to this thread under Indian insurance and loans
Highest replies (700+) to this thread under Indian insurance and loans
Highest no. of pages (47+) to this thread under Indian insurance and loans
Highest rating (5 Star) to this thread under Indian insurance and loans

Thank you to all Team bhpians for the support and the feedback given by you guy’s.

Its just a reflection of the selfless help that you have been rendering to all Team-BHPians, especially those in need.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MATE
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:20   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why are they so bad. The case has just started. Wil update you tomorrow the exact thing. I have just got a letter from the court today at home.which I have not yet seen.
By any chance are you from Mulund because I am also from Mulund. I will PM you my cell no. Let's meet over a cup of coffee and discuss in detail.
Old 23rd December 2009, 19:31   #772
Senior - BHPian

Hi rj ji,

I envy on you Mumbaikars, If I could have been there I could have enjoyed the coffee, as well as the discussion. As the earth is small, hope we will meet one day. I handed over the Ritz TO MSM. The guy who took the car was well informed by my SA. He assisted immediately, when I reached there and gave claim form as you told and filled it up and reported to the Surveyor. Hope tomorrow after the estimate they will call me and start the job. Hope fully due to holidays they might deliver on Monday or Tuesday

Last edited by navan49 : 23rd December 2009 at 19:36.
Old 24th December 2009, 09:33   #773
Senior - BHPian

As per the latest development on the IRDA site they have asked all the insurer to submit the data of the various court cases on them, in India.

I think we will have a better idea on the working of Indian Insurer's. Only after the report comes which will take time.

submission171209.pdf
Old 24th December 2009, 09:58   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the latest development on the IRDA site they have asked all the insurer to submit the data of the various court cases on them, in India.

I think we will have a better idea on the working of Indian Insurer's. Only after the report comes which will take time.

Attachment 250641
What happen to the previous notification from IRDA asking all insurance to share their claim data? I see some work started but nothing solid in there now. Any deadlines?
Old 24th December 2009, 10:04   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I'll just keep away from Bharati AXA then. But why stay away from all pvt. companies?? I'v heard bad stories of nationalized insurance companies too... along with bad service. I'll most likely go with Bajaj A. Their quote is the lowest.
As I said, its majority. Bajaj does quotes lesser than other rivals. But do check the fine prints, compulsory deductions, IDV etc.

Again, those bad service is everywhere. Unless you know what is what, you are taken for ride. And that's the whole reason for this thread - Keeps you updated

Try to look around someone who had experiance in claims through Bajaj, and we will know where it stands.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:12   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
As I said, its majority. Bajaj does quotes lesser than other rivals. But do check the fine prints, compulsory deductions, IDV etc.

Again, those bad service is everywhere. Unless you know what is what, you are taken for ride. And that's the whole reason for this thread - Keeps you updated

Try to look around someone who had experiance in claims through Bajaj, and we will know where it stands.
They are the best as far as claim's are concern. That's what we have seen on Tbhp.

Quote:
What happen to the previous notification from IRDA asking all insurance to share their claim data? I see some work started but nothing solid in there now. Any deadlines?
The report is already out and I had posted the link's on this thread for the same earlier. Welcome to IRDA
Old 24th December 2009, 10:15   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are the best as far as claim's are concern. That's what we have seen on Tbhp.
Thats good to hear. I will include it too in my list

Quote:
The report is already out and I had posted the link's on this thread for the same earlier. Welcome to IRDA
I did download some xls, but could nto get head or tail on that Or may be I got a wrong file. Anyway, thanks for the link.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:25   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did download some xls, but could nto get head or tail on that Or may be I got a wrong file. Anyway, thanks for the link.
You got the right file but those report's are in such a condition that even a common men like me also could not understood much from those files.

Government and their reports are not meant for understanding, for us.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:42   #779
BHPian

Thanks brother. It is nice talking to you and you are a great help buddy. Looking forward to meet you soon. Thanks again.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:57   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks brother. It is nice talking to you and you are a great help buddy. Looking forward to meet you soon. Thanks again.
I belive this is the link of the Thread which you have written till date.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...dent-case.html

I will go through entire thread sometime in the day as an when I am free in the day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks