Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2012, 16:30   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Thanks. Is that percentage calculated on previous years IDV or original ex-showroom price every year?

--R
It should be on ex-showroom price every year, provided the Insurance company does have the updated ex show room price for that year in their records. Normally this is not the case and hence you see varied IDV figures.
Old 7th October 2012, 14:49   #2267
BHPian

I have a 2004 model Fiat Palio and the insurance has lapsed for it (beyond 90 days). My insurance last year was Rs. 3348 and this year I was quoted more than 7K as insurance from Tata AIG. Last IDV was Rs. 1.5L. Even if I have to let go of the no claim bonus (since the policy has expired beyond 90 days or so I'm told) will the premium be so high?
Old 8th October 2012, 08:46   #2268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
I have a 2004 model Fiat Palio and the insurance has lapsed for it (beyond 90 days). My insurance last year was Rs. 3348 and this year I was quoted more than 7K as insurance from Tata AIG. Last IDV was Rs. 1.5L. Even if I have to let go of the no claim bonus (since the policy has expired beyond 90 days or so I'm told) will the premium be so high?
Have you checked with other Insurers, whats the comparison quote you have got? Could not understand why would youwant to let go of the NCB, thats the reason for less premium till last year isnt it? I would suggest try other Insurers, the premium cant be almost double than last year.

Suggestion: Pls dont drive with out a valid Insurance, get the insurance first the then start driving.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 18:22   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Have you checked with other Insurers, whats the comparison quote you have got? Could not understand why would youwant to let go of the NCB, thats the reason for less premium till last year isnt it? I would suggest try other Insurers, the premium cant be almost double than last year.

Suggestion: Pls dont drive with out a valid Insurance, get the insurance first the then start driving.
Checked with ICICI Lombard also and their quote is more than 6.5K. All are saying that you will lose the NCB since the policy has lapsed and this is, in effect, a new policy that you are buying.
Old 10th October 2012, 08:58   #2270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All are saying that you will lose the NCB since the policy has lapsed and this is, in effect, a new policy that you are buying.
Unforutnately thats is the reality, I checked a couple of docs and reconfirmed that indeed even a single day delay in policy renewal will be treated as lapsed policy and renewel would mean buying a new policy in which case you also stand to lose the NCB.

The best thing is (after cursing your luck) find an Insurer who offers the cheapest Insurance and buy it first. Sorry my friend.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 12:41   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Unforutnately thats is the reality, I checked a couple of docs and reconfirmed that indeed even a single day delay in policy renewal will be treated as lapsed policy and renewel would mean buying a new policy in which case you also stand to lose the NCB.

The best thing is (after cursing your luck) find an Insurer who offers the cheapest Insurance and buy it first. Sorry my friend.
with cursing my luck (actually my memory ). So its a new policy for me now and may the lowest quote win (ICICI Lombard so far).
Old 12th October 2012, 14:20   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
with cursing my luck (actually my memory ). So its a new policy for me now and may the lowest quote win (ICICI Lombard so far).

Please check again with other Insurers. You might get a good deal with some new insurance company.

Last edited by Marlon : 12th October 2012 at 14:21.
Old 12th October 2012, 14:55   #2273
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Please check again with other Insurers. You might get a good deal with some new insurance company.
Please do recheck - I had similar situation last year where I didnt renew in time and got a new policy ~1 week afterwards - I was still able to use the NCB.
Old 12th October 2012, 14:56   #2274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Please do recheck - I had similar situation last year where I didnt renew in time and got a new policy ~1 week afterwards - I was still able to use the NCB.

Please check the original post. He had a break of more than 90 days. NCB can be used upto 90 days after policy lapse
Old 15th October 2012, 09:42   #2275
BHPian

Posting this on behalf of a friend who is not yet fortunate enough to be a part of this community.

He had bought a Punto in January this year, since then he has gone on to meet with an accident and has already claimed for changed door and the rear of his car when a Bus bumped into his car from the rear end.

Unfortunately, very recently some smart little chap in his locality drew sadistic pleasure by drawing up some weird "unrecognizable" objects on the hood, the rear and both the doors on the driver's side.

The authorized service station people have quoted a price of roughly 15-16K for the paint job, and they aren't giving any definitive reply as to whether this would be covered under insurance.

Would be glad if someone could give me a definitive guidance on this one.

Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 12:47   #2276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
The authorized service station people have quoted a price of roughly 15-16K for the paint job, and they aren't giving any definitive reply as to whether this would be covered under insurance.
I guess the Insurance co is hesitant on the second claim within a year, but this should not stop your friend from making an Insurance claim and the Insurer is liable to accept it since it is a case of vandalism.

I would suggest to try a FNG nearby and get a second opinion if the cost is at par.
Old 15th October 2012, 13:23   #2277
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Unfortunately, very recently some smart little chap in his locality drew sadistic pleasure by drawing up some weird "unrecognizable" objects on the hood, the rear and both the doors on the driver's side.

Would be glad if someone could give me a definitive guidance on this one.
Yes it is payable. Depreciation on paint could be applicable as many companies consider paint as plastic.

Please Note - if the car was (plastic) coated and that was not covered under insurance, the company would pay the claim on basis of regular paint.

Quote:
I guess the Insurance co is hesitant on the second claim within a year, but this should not stop your friend from making an Insurance claim and the Insurer is liable to accept it since it is a case of vandalism.
Insurance companies will pay genuine claims 'n' number of claims untill the sum insured is exhausted.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:50   #2278
BHPian

Zero depreciation or not?

This is the first time am renewing and also have the NCB.

I have got an insurance renewal quote from Royal Sundaram. The IDV is Rs 7,56,840 and the premium is Rs 15,252.

The problem is I had asked for a B2B 0 depreciation insurance and it is not clear to me whether it is 0 depreciation or not.

A depreciation waiver clause has been added to my insurance for Rs 1665. So is this the 0 depreciation fee?

Also is the amount quoted reasonable?
Old 19th October 2012, 12:33   #2279
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Zero depreciation or not?

This is the first time am renewing and also have the NCB.

I have got an insurance renewal quote from Royal Sundaram. The IDV is Rs 7,56,840 and the premium is Rs 15,252.

The problem is I had asked for a B2B 0 depreciation insurance and it is not clear to me whether it is 0 depreciation or not.

A depreciation waiver clause has been added to my insurance for Rs 1665. So is this the 0 depreciation fee?

Also is the amount quoted reasonable?
Dep waiver clause fee usually means Zero Dep. I would advise to go through clause carefully. 15k quoted premium for which car?
Old 19th October 2012, 15:09   #2280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Dep waiver clause fee usually means Zero Dep. I would advise to go through clause carefully. 15k quoted premium for which car?
Honda city 2011 nov model. Only Royal sundaram and reliance are giving in the range of 15k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks