Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2013, 12:59   #2401
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Hi all,

My new car premium was 9934 from Future Generali (FIAT Punto). I had a claim, workshop invoiced 8950/-. A renewal notice came automatically from FG, reminding me to renew (due end Feb). Now , the premium charged is 123xx/-. IDV now, is around 423,000/-. Does it make sense? The claim process was hasslefree, when needed, though. Should I look around for better deals?

Regards,

Ranajay

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 31st January 2013 at 13:00.
Old 31st January 2013, 13:25   #2402
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Hi all,

My new car premium was 9934 from Future Generali (FIAT Punto). I had a claim, workshop invoiced 8950/-. A renewal notice came automatically from FG, reminding me to renew (due end Feb). Now , the premium charged is 123xx/-. IDV now, is around 423,000/-. Does it make sense? The claim process was hasslefree, when needed, though. Should I look around for better deals?

Regards,

Ranajay
Yes look around for better deals your premium could go down by another 10-15%
Old 31st January 2013, 14:43   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
So does this mean that the surveyor has refused the claim on the grounds of wear and tear OR you have decided not to claim. If you have decided not to claim insurance, suggest you check the FNG for a second opinion reg the part cost.
I am thinking of not to claim the insurance at all, cause its no point going through all that when I know that the surveyor will refuse my claim.
Or shall I give it a try ?
What do you advice ?
Old 31st January 2013, 14:47   #2404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
I am thinking of not to claim the insurance at all, cause its no point going through all that when I know that the surveyor will refuse my claim.
Or shall I give it a try ?
What do you advice ?
IMHO you should try claiming since the expenses are in 25K range. If the Surveyor refuses, then you can still stick to your original plan. If you ask for the surveyor atleast you will come to know how efficient is your Insurance co in responding to claims request.
Old 31st January 2013, 18:40   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO you should try claiming since the expenses are in 25K range. If the Surveyor refuses, then you can still stick to your original plan. If you ask for the surveyor atleast you will come to know how efficient is your Insurance co in responding to claims request.
I Called up the insurance agent by whom I get my policies done and asked him if he can help me up with the claim.
He says that needs a day's time and then he'll let me know if at all there are any chances.

By the way how is reliance as an insurance company ? I mean can one get a claim easily ?
Old 3rd February 2013, 17:39   #2406
Senior - BHPian

My CRV is completing its 5 years in March, and I want a Zero Dep cover for it. My current insurer (Bajaj) refuses to cover the car under Zero Dep due to its age. Does anyone know which company will offer the same ?
Old 3rd February 2013, 17:57   #2407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
My CRV is completing its 5 years in March, and I want a Zero Dep cover for it. My current insurer (Bajaj) refuses to cover the car under Zero Dep due to its age. Does anyone know which company will offer the same ?
Sorry mate, I guess no Insurance co presently offers zero dep for cars aged more than 5 yrs. There are few Insurance co like Bharat Axa and Berkshire co which offer zero dep add on for the cars upto 5 yrs of age. Since you will already complete 5 yrs in March you will not be eligible for the same. I guess you will have to go for normal comprehensive policy only.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 18:04   #2408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry mate, I guess no Insurance co presently offers zero dep for cars aged more than 5 yrs. There are few Insurance co like Bharat Axa and Berkshire co which offer zero dep add on for the cars upto 5 yrs of age. Since you will already complete 5 yrs in March you will not be eligible for the same. I guess you will have to go for normal comprehensive policy only.
Thanks. But one Honda dealership is saying Honda Assure will offer Zero Dep! Thats why I am a bit confused.

Also I saw this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2388482 so was wondering
Old 3rd February 2013, 18:33   #2409
BHPian

Hi I need to renew my Figo's Insurance, Mfd Date is Oct 2011, Rgdn Date Feb 23rd 2012. IDV is 457,827. I have gotten 2 quotes form Reliance.
1) 8900/- comprehensive insurance
2) 11,900/- for their Zero Dep plan

Also Reliance has a Total Cover
Quote:
Normal Insurance Cover pays only for the Depreciated Car value in theft or damage total loss. Road Tax, Registration Cost and Insurance premium together form about 15%-20% of the total On Road Cost, which does not get reimbursed if vehicle stolen or damaged beyond repair.

Now by including the value of Road Tax, Registration Cost and Insurance premium through our Add On - Total Cover - you can protect yourselves against such financial setbacks and Rest Assured.

In the event of Total Loss, due to Accident or Theft, a value proportionate to such costs would be reimbursed.
Total Insurance Plan
I am inclined to got for the Zero dep, but someone suggested to wait for Videcon Liberty insurance to start their offerings in Feb.

My policy lapses on Feb 23rd 2013. Please advise if adding the total cover is worth it?

Last edited by neofromcapone : 3rd February 2013 at 18:36. Reason: added URL
Old 4th February 2013, 09:23   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. But one Honda dealership is saying Honda Assure will offer Zero Dep! Thats why I am a bit confused.

Also I saw this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2388482 so was wondering
Thats surprising coz Tata AIG website says the zero dep cover is available for cars upto 3 yrs from purchase. Can you PM the BHPian to get more detail as the post if 2011 dated. Also the screen shot shows 2010 as car mfg. Very confusing. Have a chat with Tata AIG rep for clarifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Hi I need to renew my Figo's Insurance, Mfd Date is Oct 2011, Rgdn Date Feb 23rd 2012. IDV is 457,827. I have gotten 2 quotes form Reliance.
How's your experience with Reliance Insurance been coz I have heard some horror stories from my colleagues when they had gone for claim settlement. Reliance offers lesser premium that others but the service is a big question. Why dont you search online or a do comparison online for renewals. You will be surprised to see the difference. Try Royal Sundaram, Bajaj Allianz, Future generali, Tata AIG etc but opt for the one which has a cashless tie up with Ford workshop.
Old 4th February 2013, 13:32   #2411
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes as of now companies are offering till 5 years only. Bajaj Allianz, Bharti Axa, Liberty Videocon offer for 5 years.

Quote:
Some dealers have special tie-ups or else they are offering Zero Dep under their own name and not some insurance company's offering.

Double check everything before you pay.

Btw, why are you keen on getting Zero Dep after 5 years? The premium will be on a higher side. If you are a safe driver and not claimed in last 5 years then better opt for comprehensive policy. Roughly your Zero Dep premium would be additional 50% of your comprehensive premium.

Quote:
Berkshire is a corporate agent of Bajaj Allianz so eventually its a BA insurance.

Edit - adding reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post

My policy lapses on Feb 23rd 2013. Please advise if adding the total cover is worth it?
Since the difference is not much, go for Zero Dep.

Last edited by F50 : 4th February 2013 at 13:42.
Old 7th February 2013, 15:20   #2412
BHPian

Hello All,

Just a query that stemmed in my mind now after going through another thread-

Say, I ram my vehicle into another and ask the affected person to raise a claim with my insurance company. Now considering, I had a 50% NCB at that time, will that be reset after the claim is made by the third party? Please advice. Thanks.

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 7th February 2013 at 15:25.
Old 7th February 2013, 16:05   #2413
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have a query
1.I have a i10 on company lease and hence the car and insurance policy is in the lease co name

2. I haven't claimed under the policy and hence does the NCB accrue to me ?

3. I plan to buy back the car and sell it to some one without transferring to my name. Will the buyer be able to enjoy the same insurance coverage till its expiry ?
Old 7th February 2013, 16:24   #2414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys I have a query
1.I have a i10 on company lease and hence the car and insurance policy is in the lease co name

3. I plan to buy back the car and sell it to some one without transferring to my name. Will the buyer be able to enjoy the same insurance coverage till its expiry ?
As and when you sell the car the insurance can also be transferred to the buyer but the NCB won't be passed. Moreover he'll have to pay the current NCB on your insurance to get the insurance transferred. Not the entire NCB but on pro data basis for the time remaining in the policy. Also photographs are taken by the insurance company at the time of transfer.
Old 12th February 2013, 12:43   #2415
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hello All,

Just a query that stemmed in my mind now after going through another thread-

Say, I ram my vehicle into another and ask the affected person to raise a claim with my insurance company. Now considering, I had a 50% NCB at that time, will that be reset after the claim is made by the third party? Please advice. Thanks.

-Shivang Gandotra
No your NCB is not affected as NCB is given only on the OD part of the policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys I have a query

2. No the NCB goes to the leasing company

3. New buyer will enjoy same coverage minus the NCB
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks