Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 13:36   #3316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Any suggestions or opinions so that I can rectify mistakes made, during the next renewal.
Start early and do the homework (keep eyes and ears open)

I can see the zero dep add on cover costs Rs 3780 in your case. In my case last year itself it was 3.9k and this year Royal Sundaram has quoted 4.5K for the cover. Dont understand why this variance in the figures, I guess it has to do with city classification.

Another stupid logic which most Insurance co follow is that they calculate the age of the vehicle from their manufacturing date whereas they should do so keeping in mind the registration date. In my case the manufacturing year & registration year are different and this made me ineligible for a few add on covers.
Old 28th May 2015, 10:50   #3317
J.Ravi

Re: Third Party Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I managed to get a certificate from the insurer at the time of renewal stating that my no-claim bonus will be transferred to a new comprehensive insurance policy, if I buy a new two-wheeler within 3 years from the date of certificate.
Here is the no-claim bonus certificate issued by my insurer.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-dsc05907.jpg

Old 28th May 2015, 16:49   #3318
BHPian

Hello there ,

Needed some help with my car's insurance , My car is a Toyota Etios , going to be 3 years old , i had ICICI in my 1st year and bharti axa in my 2nd , for the 3rd i have quotes from bharti , bajaj and tata AIG , this is what bharti axa offered me :-

The same plan in Bajaj is 22k and in tata 18k .. is their something i am missing? Need an opinion from all you experts , thanks so much in advance by the way! Need to make a decision in 2 days though
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-20150528_164301.png  

Old 29th May 2015, 08:54   #3319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
this is what bharti axa offered me :-
The same plan in Bajaj is 22k and in tata 18k .. is their something i am missing?
Is the quote from Bajaj or Tata with any add on covers or is it just the comprehensive Insurance quote?

The only reason from Bharti Axa to quote lesser than others is to get the business since they are pretty new to Motor Insurance. Since you car is into 4th year, you can still opt for the zero depreciation add on cover. Does Bharti Axa have a cashless tie up with the workshop where you generally service your car? Confirm that, get information from the workshop guys about Bharti's claim process. Once you are sure, then opt for Bhari or else stick to the Industry well knowns.
Old 29th May 2015, 10:18   #3320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is the quote from Bajaj or Tata with any add on covers or is it just the comprehensive Insurance quote?

The only reason from Bharti Axa to quote lesser than others is to get the business since they are pretty new to Motor Insurance. Since you car is into 4th year, you can still opt for the zero depreciation add on cover. Does Bharti Axa have a cashless tie up with the workshop where you generally service your car? Confirm that, get information from the workshop guys about Bharti's claim process. Once you are sure, then opt for Bhari or else stick to the Industry well knowns.
Yeah , its with the add on covers for both of them.

Bharti does have a cashless tie up with the garage but when i wanted to enquire more about which is best in claims, the garage tried to advertise its own "new insurance section" and decides to put down every other insurance firm .

Still not quite sure what should i go for
Old 29th May 2015, 11:11   #3321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
Yeah , its with the add on covers for both of them.
Bharti does have a cashless tie up with the garage
Still not quite sure what should i go for
In this case, Bharti Axa is the best choice you have for the insurance. Do they have online buying option?

Just for information, how does the workshop insurance differs from the industry majors? It would be fun to know where they beat the big gamers??
Old 29th May 2015, 11:33   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
In this case, Bharti Axa is the best choice you have for the insurance. Do they have online buying option?

Just for information, how does the workshop insurance differs from the industry majors? It would be fun to know where they beat the big gamers??
Thats the best part , they offered the same thing as everyone else , offered the NCB 1Claim Slab & 24 X 7 Roadside assistance inclusive instead of an add-on.

I guess the premiums would be high anyways.
Old 1st June 2015, 10:39   #3323
Senior - BHPian

Its my turn to post queries and experts to answer.

Need a help regarding Insurance for my Punto.

My Punto met with an accident on last saturday. I had Insurance with Royal Sundaram with an NCB of 20%. If I had not claimed I would have been eligible for 25% NCB. Now since I have claimed Insurance, my NCB for next year will be zero. My insurance expires on 16th June and I am in the process of renewal. Have got some quotes for the same too.

Now I have a NCB certificate from my previous Ford Fiesta which has a validity till May 2016 and am eligible for 20% NCB. Since Insurance came free with Punto and during renewal with RS, the NCB earned was same as the NCB certificate hence did not bother to use. Now since my NCB will go to zero, can I make use of this NCB certificate to renew next year's Insurance, this will definitely bring down the premium cost (and my liability). Although comparison websites has confirmed that I can use this certificate, am yet to speak to the Insurers directly.

Any experts have thoughts on this? Theoretically everything seems right, practically would the Insurers honour the NCB certificate applicability for Insurance renewal is a question.
Old 1st June 2015, 10:49   #3324
BHPian

Renewing Insurance for my Honda Amaze. Need advice

Hello Everyone,

I have a Honda Amaze I-dtec S variant.2 years old and renewing insurance for the second time.Last 2 years i have been using royal sundaram as they had a tie up with honda, the assure program, i have ncb last two years. This year royal sundaram has quoted me 16000 for the renewal(0 dep). should i go with this or do i have better options. preferably cashless policies.
Old 3rd June 2015, 21:23   #3325
BHPian

Quote:
Its my turn to post queries and experts to answer.

Now I have a NCB certificate from my previous Ford Fiesta which has a validity till May 2016 and am eligible for 20% NCB. Since Insurance came free with Punto and during renewal with RS, the NCB earned was same as the NCB certificate hence did not bother to use. Now since my NCB will go to zero, can I make use of this NCB certificate to renew next year's Insurance
No expert here, but let me make a guess or a prediction.

Try using the NCB certificate with a different insurer and they would renew your car insurance with the NCB. The same insurer might not.

If your car gets repaired by the 16th I guess you could apply for a new insurance policy on the 18th and after an inspection of the car i'm guessing that the NCB will be passed on to you.

Keeping a days gap so that you don't have to show the previous insurance papers and hence they wouldn't have access to the claim history. Car insurance forms don't have a column to fill in the previous history like in health insurance.
Old 4th June 2015, 08:25   #3326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Try using the NCB certificate with a different insurer and they would renew your car insurance with the NCB. The same insurer might not.
Thanks for the tip. Just did that. Used the NCB certificate which I had from Future Generali to get a quote from Future Generali themselves. Now this quote has been sent to me by FG representative after taking the required approvals, so I assume that there wont be any surprises during claims (if at all) in the future.

Future Generali quoted Rs 16085/- for the renewal premium whereas Bharti Axa quoted Rs 15685/- both for an IDV of Rs 5.5L (with a fight of course). Royal Sundaram quoted a dismal IDV and higher premium, hence out of question. Received a few quotes from Universal Sompo, Oriental Insurance which are not even worth mentioning.

Inclined towards Future more than Bharti Axa for the single fact that FG has a cashless tie up with FASS all across India.
Old 4th June 2015, 16:15   #3327
BHPian

Quote:
Devendar,

Thumb rule - when applying for ownership transfer at RTO, apply for Insurance transfer too. This will save time and future hassles. Same set of documents as required for Ownership transfer also apply for Insurance transfer. Answering your queries serially:
1) Its a mutual agreement. Generally the buyer opts for Insurance renewal and seller initiates the Insurance transfer.
2) Could not understand this query
3) NCB letter can be obtained from present Insurer. When applying for Insurance transfer, you can apply for NCB certificate too.

Thanks ghodlur, I now partially understand the insurance transfer process. Pardon me but here's a another set of queries:
1> Is Insurance Transfer taken care by RTO or Insurance Company or Jointly? From what I understood, it's to be done at the Insurance Company with the same set of docs required for Ownership Transfer at RTO. Pls confirm.
2> When you say it should be initiated at the same time as Ownership Transfer, wouldn't I need the new RC copy to be submitted at the Insurance Company?
3> Once the transfer is done, Insurance renewal (by buyer) needs to be done immediately or anytime before the expiry (previous owner policy)? For instance, if I (seller) still has 6-8 months before the policy expires.
4> Finally, I have a dilemma. I have a zero dep policy which expires on June 16, 2015. I have a claim (H.A.S.S Repair Cost is around 14-15K [Rear Bumper & Dent/Paint 2 panels] but I'll have to pay around 1-2K max) that I wish to take but am unsure whether I take it now or after renewal. Reasons:
a> Claim Later:
For - I'll get another year of Zero Dep insurance & I'll get my NCB too (20% - INR 1146).
Against - I plan to sell my car around Sep-Oct (relocation). So I lose my NCB which I can use for my next probable purchase after 2 years (assuming it's valid for 3 years)
b> Claim Now:
For: I retain my new NCB which will get me higher profit on my next purchase.
Against: I lose my current NCB. And probably, I might not get Zero Dep from current Insurer (or others too).
Old 4th June 2015, 16:55   #3328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
1> Is Insurance Transfer taken care by RTO or Insurance Company or Jointly? From what I understood, it's to be done at the Insurance Company with the same set of docs required for Ownership Transfer at RTO. Pls confirm..
Insurance transfer will be done by the Insurance co but to be followed up by either or both the buyer and the seller.

Quote:
2> When you say it should be initiated at the same time as Ownership Transfer, wouldn't I need the new RC copy to be submitted at the Insurance Company?
Not necessary, your old RC copy should be sufficient to start the insurance transfer process. You will need to forward the new RC copy to Insurance co once new RC is recd.

Quote:
3> Once the transfer is done, Insurance renewal (by buyer) needs to be done immediately or anytime before the expiry (previous owner policy)? For instance, if I (seller) still has 6-8 months before the policy expires
Once insurance ownership is transferred, it will be buyer's responsibility to confirm the validity of the policy. If it needs to be renewed immediately or later will have to be checked by the buyer. Seller can help in this case.

Quote:
4> Finally, I have a dilemma. I have a zero dep policy which expires on June 16, 2015. I have a claim (H.A.S.S Repair Cost is around 14-15K [Rear Bumper & Dent/Paint 2 panels] but I'll have to pay around 1-2K max) that I wish to take but am unsure whether I take it now or after renewal. Reasons:
a> Claim Later:
For - I'll get another year of Zero Dep insurance & I'll get my NCB too (20% - INR 1146).
Against - I plan to sell my car around Sep-Oct (relocation). So I lose my NCB which I can use for my next probable purchase after 2 years (assuming it's valid for 3 years)
b> Claim Now:
For: I retain my new NCB which will get me higher profit on my next purchase.
Against: I lose my current NCB. And probably, I might not get Zero Dep from current Insurer (or others too)
In either of the cases, you will lose NCB. even if you are planning to sell the car in the coming future your NCB will be zero unfortunately. My suggestion, claim now. Thats what Insurance is for. For the new vehicle start afresh.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 13:06   #3329
BHPian

Hi. My car insurance is up for renewal, and the best quote from PolicyBazaar is for Universal Sompo.

It is a new company, and is a PSU JV to boot. So I would appreciate any feedback from members here who have evaluated or purchased a policy from them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th June 2015, 13:15   #3330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Hi. My car insurance is up for renewal, and the best quote from PolicyBazaar is for Universal Sompo.

It is a new company, and is a PSU JV to boot. So I would appreciate any feedback from members here who have evaluated or purchased a policy from them.
During my recent episode of Insurance renewal for my Punto, I had been given an quote from Universal Sompo by Policy Bazaar. Decided to check with them directly, unfortunately they had only renewal of Sompo insurance policies online. No new Insurance buying option was available online on their website. Called up their branch office in my city and they refused me Insurance with zero dep saying that zero dep is offered only for new car Insurances only. When I pointed them about Policy Bazaar's quote, they confirmed that such policies are not valid at all. When I further enquired with Policy Bazaar for clarifications, they said they are in talks with the Insurance co for distributing their policies. This was really disturbing. Kindly double check with the Insurance co's before you buy the policy.

Last edited by ghodlur : 8th June 2015 at 13:17.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks