Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 19:52   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata AIG's 0% Depreciation Car Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Can you be kind enough to post their zero dep add on cover wordings for reference purpose. Or may be you can PM me the details.
Sure, I haven't got the policy yet. Will do it as soon as i get the thing in my hand.

You sound sceptic about it. Even i am going by the words of the call centre agent. Will check it out.

Regards
Diesletuned
Old 8th February 2016, 18:55   #107
BHPian

Friends, had a minor accident and no body injuries. I have company paid insurance with Tata Aig and as an add on I have paid depreciation reimbursement. But the fine print says that it is valid only for cars less than 3 years old and mine is 2010 model swift vdi. Does it mean that i have to pay depreciation amount?
Old 15th December 2017, 16:48   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Friends, had a minor accident and no body injuries. I have company paid insurance with Tata Aig and as an add on I have paid depreciation reimbursement. But the fine print says that it is valid only for cars less than 3 years old and mine is 2010 model swift vdi. Does it mean that i have to pay depreciation amount?
Hi, Could you update how your Insurance reimbursement query was closed? Did you have to pay certain percentage of amount or did you get zero depreciation?
Old 11th March 2021, 23:16   #109
BHPian

Bumping this thread up,

An accident has occured, it looks like it can be fixed easily for less than 10k.

It's a 2017 Fortuner. Insurer is TATA AIG . There is an add on for TA 01(depreciation reimbursement)

Does this essentially mean, nothing has to be paid for the repair jobs since all of the parts will be covered in full for the repair?
Old 11th March 2021, 23:52   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Bumping this thread up,

An accident has occured, it looks like it can be fixed easily for less than 10k.

It's a 2017 Fortuner. Insurer is TATA AIG . There is an add on for TA 01(depreciation reimbursement)

Does this essentially mean, nothing has to be paid for the repair jobs since all of the parts will be covered in full for the repair?
Did you have a claim in previous years? If not, then it is better to fix it from your pocket. The 3 years NCB will be more than 10K which you will loose if you make a claim now. Also if you claim, you have to pay 2000 as claim charge and if you do not have consumable cover, you might end paying some additional amount for consumables too. So if the repair cost is less than 10k, it is not worth claiming the insurance.
Holyghost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 15:28   #111
BHPian

Need some assistance please. Am looking to renew my insurance with Tata AIG for my 2014 Grand i10. Have been with Tata AIG for this car since day 1 and no claims to date. This would be my 8th renewal. However the quote I am getting is with TA 01 (Depreciation reimbursement add-on). I am aware, in some cases, zero-depreciation is available for 6th and 7th year.

I have got on the phone to them and explained how my car is completing 7 years in 5 days,and will be starting the 8th, and it's the 8th years policy that I am buying. I don't want to deal with them in the unfortunate need for a claim where the policy issued was incorrect. The script reading executives on phone insist that 2021 minus 2014 is 7, and since my car is 7 years old it is eligible for zero depreciation once again. And the quote is system generated, and will be honoured.

Am not convinced! How do I proceed.

Best,
Promit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks