Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 20:38   #31
BHPian

Well as many people have suggested above the best option would be to write to Ford and explain to them how such incidents are uncalled for.Even though Ford doesn't lose anything if you buy the car from other showroom , it does create a negative image for the brand.So please do write and let us know if you get any " replies " .
Old 11th September 2009, 12:34   #32
BHPian

Some really nice ideas from you guys above. I thank and appreciate all you guys who took time to read and suggest something to make it easy for me. Though I dint have to use them, anyone who reads this thread later can use them.

Fortunately , the 2nd dealer called up late in the evening and asked for an appointment to meet in person. He came down to office and met us.

The On Road Price he quoted was very much what I was willing to pay to any of these dealers i.e 7.20 - 7.22 L.

With regards to Insurance, he lowered his Insurance premium to Rs 16k and offered an additional year warranty and few freebies. I thought it was fair enough.

7.40L was the actual On Road Price quoted by both dealers.
With loyalty bonus discount, Insurance premium lowered and few freebies - the On Road Price worked out to 7.22 Lakhs.

He quoted the price range we were looking at i.e 7.22L on road price.(ex-showroom is 6.43L) We went thru the details again and decided to give him the cheque.

Worst case, I thought I will go back to Linea. So called up Tata dealers again and started enquiring about best prices and test drives again. Initial experience was not good hence we dropped Linea. Surprisingly, they are more willing to do a sale now(apparently new sales guy on job).

I shud say Ford and dealer almost lost a sale just because they were not flexible enough.

Fiesta or Linea is the discussion now at home, Fords offer is tempting good and we also started liking Linea now. Maybe I should start another thread on what car or may be I will update here the final decision.

I once again, thank you all.
Old 11th September 2009, 12:54   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rajiv, this thread would be immensely more helpful if you name the dealer. Anonymous complaints really don't warn other potential buyers with the same effectiveness. Thanks
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

What if the Dealer is going to bring the car from other town?

We are planning to buy Mahindra Xylo E8 (with ABS) from Gandhi Motors, Solapur.
I am going to book the car come Monday.
The Dealer told me that since E8 (ABS) Variant does not have much demand and hence he would have to order and bring the car from Company (I guess from Pune).
I want to take the Insurance done from outside (I got quote from Bajaj Allianz for Rs.19K on Ex-Showroom Price (without Depreciation of 5%).
If the Dealer told me that he would have to take an Insurance Cover while bringing the car from Pune to Solapur, what should I do? I dont want to take the dealer's quote which is Rs.27K+.

My Question is --Is it Compulsory to Insure the vehicle while it is bening transported from Company to Dealer?
What if Dealer denied me to take Insurance from outside?
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
My Question is --Is it Compulsory to Insure the vehicle while it is bening transported from Company to Dealer?
What if Dealer denied me to take Insurance from outside?
No

That is not your liability, that is that dealer's responsibility, tell him this thing.

Even if there is a claim I am sure it will not paid as the you are the person who is buying insurance and the car is not handed over to you before that there is a claim - Insurance will not pay.

Go for Bajaj insurance they are the best in the business.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:56   #36
BANNED

Get the dealer to give it in writing. I bet he will not. Other option is to write him a letter stating what he said on the phone, and state that if you do not get a written reply within, say. a week it will be assumed that what you are saying is correct. Also, ask him in the letter for the Ford circular - I bet he has none! Maybe send a copy (e- or otherwise to Ford as well).

Then it also becomes a matter for consumer courts, and MRTPC. I wish only the wheels of justice ran faster in Mera Bharat Mahan.
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:37   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

From Company to Dealer - it is their concern. Ask the dealer how is the car covered when coming from factory to the dealership. The same should be applicable in this case also - from Pune to SUR.

If the dealer does not have stock, he is making his arrangements to get you your car. He needs to also take care of the insurance for that part. Insurance coverage you take is after the car come

And if he insists on the policy from his side, tell him you will walk out.
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

The responsibility of having insurance for the car till the day it gets registered to a buyer vests with the dealer. He can no way compel you to take insurance from him on these grounds.

We bought an Innova in the family a few weeks back and I made it clear to the dealer that I would take care of insurance (the difference in the amount was 9K and hence). The insurance coverage(that I took) started only on the day the car was to get registered and not even a single day before that. (In the meanwhile, the car was already at the stock yard a few days before and I personally went down to inspect the same.)

Hence, it is the dealer's responsibility to have insurance coverage for the car till the time it goes for registration at the RTO.

Last edited by rr_zen : 23rd October 2009 at 10:48.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

@rajivn
no posting after 11th september - what decision fnally taken ?
Ford or Linea? Or did you open a new thread?
+
Ford car Insurance: According to my dealer, the insurance is free (offer) from Ford
and not from him(dealer). So IMO, I think any other dealer making big claim about this insurance matter is simply to get the money from you in the name of Insurance and then give some freebies, as it is of they are favouring to you !
Thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for your response.
I am going to book the car on Monday. Will tell the dealer the same words as here and see his reaction.
Old 24th October 2009, 09:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Take a printout of this page that will help you.
Old 24th October 2009, 09:44   #42
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Good I read this today, I am going PDI today, i already paid the booking amount for ford fiesta aqua sports, I also told the dealer I will take insurance myself as he quoted 28k then he agreed upon it with a signature, then he called his friend from bajaj allianze and quoted me 22.7K i haven't paid the money yet, called up bajaj allianze myself now and waiting for their quote. Hope I get better deal.
Old 24th October 2009, 21:01   #43
BHPian

When I brought my punto dealer quoted me about 16,500 for insurance. But I able to get my car insured from outside. bajaj allianze quoted me 10,350.
Old 25th October 2009, 00:59   #44
BHPian

I am really sorry, for not updating here. Let me update you guys - Yes went ahead with Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Exi. Final Quote - 7,21,500. I asked him to throw in Remote lock and few freebies. So it worked out to Rs 7,24,500.

The two dealers in question here are MPL Ford and Chennai Ford. Chennai Ford was quite flexible and brought down their Insurance quote from 23k ( if i am right) to 16,500. I know its still high, but dint want to further bother them as I got discouts elsewhere.
MPL was OK with us walking out, as they knew there was demand for that Limited Edition model and they can always find a customer who will not question their price components.

btw, Bajaj Allianz gave a price quote of 14,500 for Ford Fiesta. When I later disappointed the BA agent telling him that I am going with the dealer itself, he offered to further reduce the premium.
I think I could have brought him down to 13,500 or 13,000. Will use this experience for next car purchase anyways.

GUys buying Ford cars in Chennai, request you guys to bargain with both the dealers in Chennai and go with the one who is giving you the best offer.

Last edited by rajivn : 25th October 2009 at 01:07.
Old 25th October 2009, 08:16   #45
BHPian

Thanks guys for your inputs, I got the bajaj allianz guys yesterday and they quoted 17500 for the sports model and also offered 22k option for road assurance. I dont know whether this is the right deal, I asked the dealer and he was not aware of the road assurance scheme and didnt get back on it, the invoice amount seem to be 6.54l and 5% depreciation will be on the invoice price to calculate the premium, I will again talk to bajaj allianze guys to check with the pricing. Thanks again for your help on deciding the insurance providers. BTW, I am fixing the deal with MPL wh gave 65k discount compared to 50k by chennai ford. The cost of tax and registration they are charging 71k but the tax is 8% of the invoiced amount these guys make money somewhere!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks