Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 20:49   #76
BHPian

Re: Smart Card instead of RTO RC book

Our new XUV 700 was registered on 20th December, 2021 and the smart card (RC) was received at home yesterday, 10th January 2022 via Speed Post. Time frame in line with the standard schedule of 2-3 weeks.
RTO: Mumbai Central (MH 01)
Old 1st March 2022, 20:52   #77
BHPian

HI. I have a A4 paper based RC at this time. I would like to convert this to a Smart Card. I went to the Parivahan site but was unable to find any link for converting paper based RC to smart card.

Does anyone have any experience on how to get this done? This is for Pune (MH12) RTO.
Old 1st March 2022, 21:40   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
HI. I have a A4 paper based RC at this time. I would like to convert this to a Smart Card. I went to the Parivahan site but was unable to find any link for converting paper based RC to smart card.

Does anyone have any experience on how to get this done? This is for Pune (MH12) RTO.
There is no formal process to get the RC changed from paper -> smart card. The only possible workarounds are:
1) transfer of registration
2) request duplicate RC by claiming old is lost
3) removal of hypothecation
* not sure if a new RC is issued for change of residence

I'm assuming Pune RTO is now issuing only smart cards. I got the paper RC for a vehicle purchased in '16 (re-issued as smart card on hypothecation removal) but the smart card for those in '18 and '21.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 22:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There is no formal process to get the RC changed from paper -> smart card. The only possible workarounds are:
1) transfer of registration
2) request duplicate RC by claiming old is lost
3) removal of hypothecation
* not sure if a new RC is issued for change of residence
I applied for and got new RC smart card via change of residence address last year. I applied on VAHAN for RTO Gurgaon, Haryana.

Since, Pune is also on VAHAN system, I think similar way can be used there as well.
Old 5th April 2022, 17:05   #80
BHPian

Recently got my Car Hypothecation removed in Bangalore and submitted my original smart card and after removal got back as RC Book/paper.
Not sure if its the chip shortage but I feel its better to wait out until the shortage related issues are gone and then apply for Smart Card conversion.
Old 5th April 2022, 19:47   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susheel_kainat View Post
Recently got my Car Hypothecation removed in Bangalore and submitted my original smart card and after removal got back as RC Book/paper.
Not sure if its the chip shortage but I feel its better to wait out until the shortage related issues are gone and then apply for Smart Card conversion.
I got smart card for new car bought in Sep2021 but for another new car purchase in the family recently, came to know that smart card is no more offered. Instead it is just a paper receipt. Salesman said that since Digilocker is accepted and widely used, RTO is not issuing smart cards anymore
Old 5th September 2022, 16:39   #82
BHPian

I had bought a scooter in Pune by mid of June and got RC today. It is a smart card!
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks