Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 22:03   #31
BHPian

Re: May 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Feel really sad looking at HONDA and FIAT figures.
IMO, there is nothing to feel sad about FIAT especially, as they are maintaining a stable figure of 2000 Cars per month on month. Seems FIAT is the most unaffected by the New Launches..!!

That is in case good for them to maintain steady sales. However, having said that these figures dosent discount FIAT for not reacting to the competition quick enough. Alteast they should start Promoting their products agressively, and plan to launch new variants.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 1st June 2011 at 22:31.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 22:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

@sharma_sanjeevi

I agree, but FIAT will do well once they setup shop on their own and take our market seriously.

IMO FIAT PANDA is a good car to be launched in INDIA.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 22:39   #33
BHPian

@silverado, 100% agreed on the Panda, as a product it is fabulous. FIAT should consider strongly launching the same in india. It can surely consolidate their position as a serious player in the Indian Automotive Market.

Also, it would provide the much needed boost in the sales numbers.

FIAT setting up their own Showrooms or A.S.S stations seems higly unlikely given the current situation. However, the FIAT branded Stores are coming up in June or July in Pune & Delhi.

Happy to see the Fluidic Verna doing fantastic numbers..!! it seems to be a complete package in all aspects that a customer of this segment requires. Kudos to Hyundai.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 1st June 2011 at 22:40.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 22:47   #34
BHPian

Dzire is close to 11000 but Manza which 'seems' to be a much better car is selling below 3k (Manza+CS+indigo = 4268). Is there a definite reason for this? Is Manza loosing the sheen ? Are people finding out the truth that Tata is offering 'features' and a buttersoft suspension to just lure customers?

As usual Swift (or Rather MSIL) continues to rock.

Hearty welcome to the new Verna
Old 1st June 2011, 22:49   #35
Team-BHP Support

Just adding up the numbers -

May 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-total1.jpg

May 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-total2.jpg

Top 20 Cars By Volumes:

May 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-top20.jpg

SALES TRENDS:

The following cars are seeing a steady fall in sales this year. The Japs - one can understand the Tsunami effect. But Beat, i10, Endeavour and Jetta's fall in sales need to be looked into.

May 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-downtrend.jpg

One can see a more or less clear uptrend in sales of Fiesta & Tata Venture -

May 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-uptrend.jpg

PREMIUM SUV MARKETSHARE (Till May'11) :

May 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-suv.jpg

The monthly volumes in this segment (Rs. 18 to Rs. 24 Lacs SUV) are hardly 2,000 per month. But this segment has 10 manufacturers with 11 models slugging it out.

Last edited by SmartCat : 1st June 2011 at 23:00.
SmartCat is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 23:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

@sam_sant2005

It was a question which came to my mind , and i asked it without any hesitation even though it was GTO, since i had gone through the mag copy yesterday and the 38000 figure was fresh in my mind.

Point noted and i will be more thorough henceforth

Also its not possible for AUTOCAR to print figures from May 1 to May 31st since the issue is on stands well before that.I will surely check on that.
Old 1st June 2011, 23:25   #37
BHPian

All the cars are feeling the heat because of higher interest rates and higher petrol prices and most likely higher diesel prices post june 9th.

But seriously ..can any car stop the Alto & K10? 30k plus from last oct till march , 25k plus in april and may. Brillant job MSIL (as far as i know they never push customers a lot to buy their cars..sales pitch is nothing in front of Ford's and Hyundai's sales pitches, but still MSIL sells with just playing with price tag and MASS backed up service)

Oops and what happenend with the Swift??12k

Customers are wanting the 1st GEN swift, i have heard a couple of them telling me we have booked the 1st GEN swift VDI, i dont care about the 2nd GEN swift, what if it becomes 40k more expensive?? also in the review of 2nd GEN swift i've heard quite a few steel and aluminium parts inside the engine bay are being changed to fibre or plastic ( i tell them All the best have fun )

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st June 2011 at 23:31. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules before proceeding. Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 23:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Interesting figures.

The new Verna seems to have taken the sheen out of the Vento.

Honda the less said the better.

And look at Alto sales, they are ridiculous when compared to anything in market

@smartcat - Nice Charts, did you use Team-Bhp Numbers?

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st June 2011 at 23:37.
Old 1st June 2011, 23:44   #39
BHPian

Manza has definitely lost its sheen!

Dzire is still VFM for most people.

Is palio still being sold?
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:12   #40
BHPian

@ GTO.

The Vento sales are down. where as the demand for the same is very high in diesel. wanted a Vento diesel, touched 5 showrooms every one said 3 months to 8 months. The City sales are being hurt coz of vento and new Verna.

But what i am not able to understand is why vento sales are down. few reasons
1. The sales of Vento petrol have crashed. due to ANHV, few waiting for fiesta.
2. The production is down. but why

By any chance you have breakup of Petrol - Diesel.

Anyone else can throw any light on this.
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:14   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The new Verna seems to have taken the sheen out of the Vento.

@smartcat - Nice Charts, did you use Team-Bhp Numbers?
Yessir! But I have not included sales numbers of exotic sport cars & the German luxury cars. They are not available for all the months.

Verna has so many variants that it competes with comparitively premium Vento/City & also less premium Fiesta/Etios. And this could also be a one off excitement that goes with new launches. It's numbers need to be watched for the next few months - especially since Ford is coming out with its new Fiesta.

Last edited by SmartCat : 2nd June 2011 at 00:16.
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
But seriously ..can any car stop the Alto & K10? 30k plus from last oct till march , 25k plus in april and may. Brillant job MSIL (as far as i know they never push customers a lot to buy their cars..sales pitch is nothing in front of Ford's and Hyundai's sales pitches, but still MSIL sells with just playing with price tag and MASS backed up service)

I want to highlight one experience of a relative when he brought Alto Lxi. At that branch of the dealer there were 58 ONLY ALTO deliveries scheduled on that day, that is just the Alto number and there were other car deliveries too, and he had the experience as if he was the only customer that was there, absoluely focussed at each delivery. Something other sales folks at other dealers to learn.
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

In order to put a pulse on the general trend did a quick M-O-M on the popular cars, the general trend has been negative . March figures are also attached alongside, so that comparing the figures across 3 months should normalise "high inventory" impact - as is apparent in the figures for quite a few cars which have shown an uptrend in May , the figures are still way below March numbers.
The clear outperformer has been the Verna , ANHV has rocket powered its sales - I wonder when they started taking bookings ( April 19th ? ) . Likely to moderate in the coming months but should still comfortably remain above 3000

Honda's trend also shows a way forward , I understand that the dealers are offering active with discounts ! Right pricing the fantastic ANHC should give its due place in the charts I am sure.

Vento is likely to settle down around 2500 per month mark which is a good steady figure.

Bread and butter small cars are suffering - Alto , Beat, Figo , A-star, Indica, Santro have all suffered , if one considers the period March- May- effect of the high interest rates for sure ! Figures of cars like Swift, DZire, Eeco are not rate insensitive in these figures since they have a huge waiting period - the effect should show with a lag - maybe June , July. Micra should also be added to that pack of cars with high waiting period .

Fiesta has shown an uptick - are there offers on the old fiesta to clear stock ahead of the new launch ?
Attached Files
File Type: xls car sales.xls (50.0 KB, 545 views)

Last edited by souravc : 2nd June 2011 at 00:28.
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:46   #44
BHPian

Last month sales was really a battleground for Executive sedans with Honda City really laid down by 2-V i.e: Vento & Verna.
By now i wasn't favouring Honda due to their marketing stratergies in India but after the recent jawdrop in their sales my heart said my mind to say something about them as;
IMO, These small-ish sales figures are just like an insult to the Honda's talent & capabilities.
Not the customers alone are diverted by diesel options in their rivals, instead its their Overpricing issue which is really galloping their existence here.
Their cars are priced at the level(or even more) of corresponding Diesel variants of its rivals & this is really unacceptable for today, especially after the deregulation of petrol prices.
Any Price point of mid-way between the corresponding Petrol & Diesel variants of its rivals will make the Honda cars even more desirable than ever before.
C'mon Honda come with some newer Enviornment & Pocket friendly technology than to search for the 'Magic lamp' of sales in the Diesel powerplant.
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:56   #45
BHPian

Suzuki Swift, take a bow! Just a couple of months from replacement and its netting close to its highest numbers! Any other model would have slowly started to taper off.

Japanese misery = Korean happiness. ANHV making the most of the production issues and other complications for Honda. Fantastic debut nonetheless. The timing of the Verna's introduction could not have been better.

On a slightly side note, this is a lesson to Maruti on how to gradually grow the brand. Santro -> i10 -> i20 -> Verna. Beautifully executed!

HM is now an ideal candidate for a takeover by some other manufacturer who can leverage their distribution, perhaps Renault (?). They are doing no favours to themselves by staying in the market with such low numbers.

And as always many thanks GTO for the prompt update of the numbers.
Aragorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks