Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 01:20   #46
BHPian

Re: May 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Last month sales was really a battleground for Executive sedans with Honda City really laid down by 2-V i.e: Vento & Verna.
By now i wasn't favouring Honda due to their marketing stratergies in India but after the recent jawdrop in their sales my heart said my mind to say something about them as;
IMO, These small-ish sales figures are just like an insult to the Honda's talent & capabilities.
Not the customers alone are diverted by diesel options in their rivals, instead its their Overpricing issue which is really galloping their existence here.
Their cars are priced at the level(or even more) of corresponding Diesel variants of its rivals & this is really unacceptable for today, especially after the deregulation of petrol prices.
Any Price point of mid-way between the corresponding Petrol & Diesel variants of its rivals will make the Honda cars even more desirable than ever before.
C'mon Honda come with some newer Enviornment & Pocket friendly technology than to search for the 'Magic lamp' of sales in the Diesel powerplant.
Old 2nd June 2011, 01:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

i really want to meet those people who bought palio/aveo/U-va last month and ask them "what made you buy this car"! yeah all these are good but there are better cars out there!

# Aria is not doing good! big dip in manza
# no effect of Cricket sponsorship on Passat. or may be we should wait for next month?
#what happened to Prius?
#also there was a pick up by tata (XENON), i have only seen 2 till date on road. any news?

Honda needs a diesel engine badly for city. btw what happened to FIAT 900cc or 1L diesel engine. i guess FIAT has to quickly do something and introduce it to capture good market share.

also any news of MSIL-VW deal to get VW diesel engine for MSIL cars?

PS: awaiting luxury segment numbers
Old 2nd June 2011, 02:46   #48
BHPian

If we see the past monthly sales of Gypsy King for several months, there seems to be a boost in sales number. Anybody has any idea why is it so? Used to see figures like 100-400 units sold monthly. May2011 sales figure says 1099 units sold. I'm perplexed!!!!! Petrol prices elevated recently, right?
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

now thats a great Response to Verna! I guess Verna becomes the new segment king. Lets see what happens next month.

Going by the success VW has after waking up with Polo, and now Passat, i feel they should go for a refreshed Jetta sooner. If wishes could have been horses (German horses at that ), i would say give us a Jetta with the same diesel engine in Passat.
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

The new Verna has made a good start, although these are dealer despatches.This car may well displace Vento from its perch.

SX4, the old war horse has got a new lease of life and has reported figures second only to the Verna. City is in trouble - big trouble. Waiting for Ford to launch the new Fiesta and pile on the misery.

Ford must be worried about the falling Figo numbers. Time for a refresh with features like rear power windows, new colours and alloys?

Nano is down one month and up the next. TML needs to burn midnight oil to do something about the Vista & Manza.

MSIL is laughing all the way to the bank with the Swift Twins.
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

So the difference between City and Vento has come down to 600! Verna will enjoy the honeymoon period for 6 months and the others will have to see low numbers.
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Did Renault sell any Fluence cars? The launch was late - but would be interesting to know how this maker is doing!
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
@sam_sant2005

It was a question which came to my mind , and i asked it without any hesitation even though it was GTO, since i had gone through the mag copy yesterday and the 38000 figure was fresh in my mind.

Point noted and i will be more thorough henceforth

Also its not possible for AUTOCAR to print figures from May 1 to May 31st since the issue is on stands well before that.I will surely check on that.

The May edition is printed in April & and is made available within last five days of prevous month (in an auto company) & it will have March sales figures (in this case 38,000 units of Alto was in March)

So i think Team-bhp info are right, accurate & well timed
phoenix_rising is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:47   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
In order to put a pulse on the general trend did a quick M-O-M on the popular cars, the general trend has been negative . March figures are also attached alongside, so that comparing the figures across 3 months should normalise "high inventory" impact - as is apparent in the figures for quite a few cars which have shown an uptrend in May , the figures are still way below March numbers.
In a calender year, March will always have the highest sales numbers (businesses & professionals buy cars in March and claim massive depreciation) and December will have the lowest sales numbers (people don't want a car 2010 car, they want a 2011 car - as it is perceived to have a higher resale value).
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:51   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The new Verna has made a good start, although these are dealer despatches.This car may well displace Vento from its perch.

The bookings are high & delivery period is long. these numbers could have been much more if there was enough stock available as per demand. Due to huge demand few dealers have actually stopped taking bookings (read DSL)

Amazing response i must say for Fluidic Verna. Seems Hyundai has nailed at sweet spot of customers

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd June 2011 at 20:14. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:04   #56
Team-BHP Support

We talk about the lack of drive from Fiat. But their numbers are consistent, and maybe they are meeting their target

And the Swift phenomenon! It is indeed great move by those who have purchased the Swift, even though it is an outgoing model. The new Swift, even though is a completely new car, looks painfully similar to the existing model (at least for the untrained eyes). So the owners surely will not feel the pinch of owning a dated model.
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:09   #57
Senior - BHPian

The declining sales of Honda brand clearly shows the mentality of Indian mass. Go for Diesel.

Yes. And Govt. is gonna be in more trouble with more Diesel vehicles coming out for private use

I wonder what would be the numbers of Nano once Diesel version comes
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

"There's something about Swift" - leading the pack even when the new version is just out there.

CBU Kizashi sold more than local Aria - interesting.

Given the hike in petrol price, I was thinking sales of M800/Alto would increase, but Alto has taken a dip. Hmm..
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:29   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Tavera and Bolero have stayed faithful to their makers. Rural India shining?

Innova sales have gone down from the 4xxx marks. why?
I think not many are aware of the reason in the Sales Dip, Its mainly because of the Parts Shortages which affected most of the Auto Cos (Tsunami hit in Japan).

Next month it will bounce back with more energy.

Cheers :-)
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:43   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
@sam_sant2005

It was a question which came to my mind , and i asked it without any hesitation even though it was GTO, since i had gone through the mag copy yesterday and the 38000 figure was fresh in my mind.

Point noted and i will be more thorough henceforth

Also its not possible for AUTOCAR to print figures from May 1 to May 31st since the issue is on stands well before that.I will surely check on that.
Hi there i too am a regular reader of auto car and in every month, they give sales figures of 1 month behind. for example in the june issue of autocar vol.12 no.10 page 35, (I bought the mag on the 28th of may) and the mag gives the top 10 sales figures, but for the month of April.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks