Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 14:07   #46
BHPian

Re: SCOOP PICS : New VW Jetta, Vento 1.4 petrol, and a Yeti spotted testing

>>>

Nice story and nice pics.

One has to see the three musketeers in the flesh to confirm if VW has gone overboard with the family look; I reckon subtle differences both in the front and in the back will be there, to satisfy the snobbish.

I am a little biased here - as an interested party I prefer the current Jetta's round rear lamps.

Regards, drive safe
Old 7th June 2011, 14:15   #47
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
One has to see the three musketeers in the flesh to confirm if VW has gone overboard with the family look; I reckon subtle differences both in the front and in the back will be there, to satisfy the snobbish.
For me, the Polo, Vento and new Jetta reminds me of this

SCOOP PICS : New VW Jetta, Vento 1.4 petrol, and a Yeti spotted testing-imagescakojo3o.jpg

However the bigger shoes and possibly meatier C pillar of the new Jetta gives the car a more matured feel.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 14:53   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post

However the bigger shoes and possibly meatier C pillar of the new Jetta gives the car a more matured feel.
Good one dot!

And the key difference is going to be the interiors. The quality is top notch, and the inclination is more towards the bigger brothers than the Vento.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 15:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good one dot!

And the key difference is going to be the interiors. The quality is top notch, and the inclination is more towards the bigger brothers than the Vento.
+1 to that. The key difference shall definitely be the interiors. The quality and feel of a 'German' D segment car is hard to match. The rubberized soft feel dashboard, the quality of switches, leather , space , lighting etc. make it a special place to be in. The same is missing in the Vento. For everything else, Vento is good.

Also, for 90% or more Indians, owning a German car (VW) is a HUGE ego boost compared to something Korean/American with same (or even a little more )talents. It is less applicable to the Vento segment than Jetta segment.

PS: I still rate the Vento TDI the best car in its segment despite the new launches of Verna and Fiesta (and the old ones ANHC and Linea)
Old 7th June 2011, 16:43   #50
BHPian

Apparently your thread has already made to the press circles with websites like rushlane making news from your scoop.
Old 7th June 2011, 18:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 556406

Good one! My feelings exactly. Family looks are fine but you got to have look a little different.

However for me, the Vento looks better than the Jetta. That front does bode well enough in a big car.
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 18:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You had me in splits dot. I just couldn't stop laughing at the pic. Jokes apart, I too feel that VW have gone a little overboard with their 'family look'. It may have worked well for Audi but VW should not be doing this. Everything from the hatchback Polo to the ultra-luxury Phaeton looks so very similar. While it may do wonders for the Polo owner, it might not be the same for a Vento, Jetta, Passat or a Phaeton owner.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 18:52   #53
BANNED

I'm excited for the Yeti DSG and Jetta DSG. And if they both come with Paddle shifts and the 170 bhp tune, that'll be a glorious day..!!!
Old 7th June 2011, 19:40   #54
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Still speculation, though VW is well aware of the 1.2L 3 cylinder diesel not meeting it's premium-brand aspirations. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in the 1.5L Polo in 2 / 3 quarters.
But polo does not have any 1.5 engines worldwide. neither can I recall any other new vw cars that have 1.5 L engine. Will vw spend money and develop a new engine just for Indian market? that seems highly unlikely. Isnt it easier and cost effective for them to just allocate some numbers of 1.4 (non-TSI) -which is already being made here for SA as noopster said- to Indian market?
Old 8th June 2011, 08:49   #55
BHPian

Germans have a nice saying "Ein Wurst Drei Grosse"
implying 1 loaf, 3 sizes.
It was particularly apt for BMW 3,5 & 7 series earlier. They seemed to be so similar in design, but for their sizes
Old 8th June 2011, 18:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop, thanks for sharing. Any interior pics that you could manage?

I absoluetly love the rear of the new Jetta, very Audi'ish. However the front ...... I mean, no imagination whatsoever from the VW folks.

But come to think of it, this "family look" gene / keeda has been everpresent in the VW design philosophy. There was a time that I could barely distinguish the Passat and Jetta's backside (previous version) from a distance.

They have just "shifted" their thought from the car's back to its front.
Old 9th June 2011, 15:01   #57

Will VW launch a diesel automatic in Vento. that would make a very interesting buy. I guess I would myself know atleast five people who would want to book this right away.
Old 9th June 2011, 22:30   #58
BHPian

New Jetta on sale in Dubai at a price of AED 69400 (~ Rs. 8.5 Lac) basic model. Interested to see the pricing in India. Review seemed good as read in the local car mag.
Old 10th June 2011, 07:21   #59
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 556406

Absolutely dot. Customer needs to spend extra time to see the various features of each model and choose the right one

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good one dot!

Yes. Differentiating each model basis of technicalities and features going to be bit difficult for dealers and explain correctly to the customers.

The market above 8 lakhs is becoming more crowded for Indian customers now.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 08:15   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenk25 View Post
Will VW launch a diesel automatic in Vento. that would make a very interesting buy. I guess I would myself know atleast five people who would want to book this right away.
I doubt it. Not in the near future anyway. But the Jetta will get the DSG with the 2.0 Crdi, maybe your friends can upgrade?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks