Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 04:18   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The New 2011 Audi A6. EDIT : Launch on 3rd August, 2011

Will be getting the price list for Mumbai soon, and will update on this post.
However, the car seems to have gotten my attention.
At 54L OTR without all the options, seems to be the dealer estimate for Mumbai.
In comparison, the E250 CDi with corporate registration is coming for 52-53L. For a little bit more, taking discounts into consideration, I am getting a much better and faster engine, superb interiors and Quattro among the important changes. Very tempted.

@i<3turbo: Any idea when the display car would arrive? My sales executive informs me that the launch is tomorrow.

S350L, Dipen, and Androdev: While I appreciate the moves BMW is making with their BMW Secure packages, and the superb level of kit offered; at the same time, I feel that their bullish strategy is making the brand loose its exclusivity and core values. The new BMWs are not as characteristic as earlier, and are trying to be the jack of all trades, and master of none. While this is paying off in the market, with sales booming; IMO I feel that this is also making the car loose out on exclusivity (I am not kidding when I say that BMW is becoming very common in South Bombay. I saw three 7 series while waiting at one traffic light! And I was surrounded on either side by the E60 5 series while driving ours!), and the special feeling of having arrived. The new interiors are very bland, and apart from the engine, the car has lost some driver appeal as well. And this is exactly where the Mercedes and Audi beat it! The Audi for its exclusivity, and special 'you have arrived' feeling when you step in, and the Mercedes for its classic and rich feel you get as a chauffeur driven passenger, or the three pointed star resting on its hood if you drive. However, do note that I haven't sat in the A6 as yet. Just seen one in person, and the interior pictures really look superb! Lets hope things don't change when I see one!
However, I hope BMW continues with their bullish approach, and makes other manufacturers continue improving their service and VFM levels.
Old 3rd August 2011, 04:39   #32
BHPian

I got my flight ticket to Gurgaon, Delhi by Audi Mumbai West today. The representative who came by to deliver the flight ticket to me mentioned that the launch is indeed 3rd August which is today. But there will also be a celebration/launch party (cocktails followed by dinner) on the night of 8th August from 19:30 onwards at The Oberoi, Gurgaon for which I am invited.

Audi Mumbai West has given me return flight tickets to Gurgaon in Business Class . They have also given me Audi luggage cards to be attached to my bags, an itinerary and an invitation to the party in the evening.

There is going to be a dedicated slot for me test-driving the car. I shall try and post my detailed driving experience once back or from there itself.

One inquiry call for the old A6 gives me: Sneak preview of the new car in Mumbai, Business class air tickets to Gurgaon for a test drive, meals, accommodation at The Oberoi. Boy I love the way they treat potential customers.
n:CorE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
However, do note that I haven't sat in the A6 as yet. Just seen one in person, and the interior pictures really look superb! Lets hope things don't change when I see one!
Be rest assured your opinion will remain the same when you see it in flesh. The interiors are tastefully done with quality and overall feel of the cabin being absolutely sumptuous.
That apart, WHATTT an engine for the top end diesel . Just went through a comparo of the 3.0tdi vs 530d vs 350 cdi. Ratings remain more or less the same with a 5bhp increase to 245bhp and identical torque -500NM. That makes this engine 40NM short on maximum torque compared to the Propeller and the Star and equal on horses to the BMW and much more than the Mercedes. However, inspite of sporting AWD, it has identical weight to the 530d ,viz. 1720kgs and the torque kicks in earlier compared to the Beemer. ( 1400rpm vs the beemer's 1750)
This has got to be an absolute road burner with 0-100 tested at 6.1secs ! My lighter A4 with the same 3.0 TDI engine and 1680kgs is 6.2secs to the ton. Apparently though, the new 7-speed DSG seems to be playing spoil sport as its jerky on the downshifts ( my 6-speed has no such issues) so am waiting to see how it fares in , 'in-gear acceleration' vis-a-vis the BMW's 8-speed. Should be fun
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:30   #34
Team-BHP Support

Platzda - The new 3.0tdi is also lighter than the one in your car by a fair margin. That along with the new gearbox helps with the time.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:55   #35
BHPian

Hello,
Got a invitation from Audi Delhi 2 days back. It includes 2 cards, itinerary,test drive ,lunch and party at the oberoi tomorrow night 04.08.2011.

will upload pictures of the car tomorrow.
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:06   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

The prices for the new A6 as as follows -

Audi A6 2.0 TDI diesel - Rs. 37.7 L,
Audi A6 2.8 FSI petrol - Rs. 39.9 L,
Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro - Rs. 46.95 L,
Audi A6 3.0 TFSI Quattro - Rs. 47 L.

All prices are ex-showroom, New Delhi.

The New 2011 Audi A6. EDIT : Launch on 3rd August, 2011-audia6engineoptionsimage.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd August 2011 at 13:15.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Platzda - The new 3.0tdi is also lighter than the one in your car by a fair margin.
52 kgs to be precise. Having said that, the kerb weight of my car due to it being slightly compact in comparison and probably equal usage of aluminum in body-frame construction is 30 odd kgs less. That just leaves a difference of about 20 odd kgs. I did go through the in-gear acceleration of the 7-speed on the new a6 and as far as responses are concerned, it is as quick as the 6-speed in my car. (7th gear is overdrive and for cruising in the A6. It achieves its top whack in the 6th gear itself).
My inference is, the A6 with its heavier weight is as quick because of the 5hp power advantage & torque wave kicking in earlier than my car. (1400 - a6 / 1500- my car / 1750 - 530d)

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 3rd August 2011 at 13:32.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

This pricing takes A6 bang into the 5 series territory ! The beemer may get some stiff competion now , it has to face to accomplished competitors now onwards !
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

lamborghini,

Always a pleasure to see you, agreed with you on the points of the BMW being very common, and it's one of the biggest complains I have with my F10 and always keep telling the dealer and also a few Bhp'ins who hear me rant almost every week, but that also has got to do with the wonderful push BMW India has had and ofcourse the product itself is a great all rounder. I come from the Mercedes side of life, and initially was a little unhappy with the F10, but have over the last year come to really start liking it, and I do find the interiors a lot better than W212, but that I think makes no sense debating as I always have found design very subjective and can be an endless topic. And about the common factor trust me all these 3 brands are trying to be number 1 and over a period of time all can and will be common it just depends on the product offensive? Audi India too I believe is here for volumes and once they begin assembling the engines here like BMW India their prices too will go down a little if the decide to pass that benefit to the consumer. If not then too looks like the 2.0 TDI is well priced and perhaps that itself might make the A6 common if people take a better liking to it over the 5?

But again the above are only my opinions and I completely do agree with you on their common factor, and when I saw the A6, I was impressed but I also found the side pretty similar to the previous car, also the fact that they missed out of few things like electric steering adjustments, Rear Seat Entertainment etc. being options was a little over optimistic, and when you see the over all picture the BMW 525d makes a lot of sense, do consider it if you are in the market. I have not driven the A6 as yet either, so impossible to comment on it but most international reviews give you a picture and here are some highlights from auto express UK review,

Traditionally, the driving experience has always done the same – and there’s no change with this new version. The A6 isn’t quite as comfy as an E-Class or quite as sporty as a 5-Series. It falls between the two, but it still strikes a neat balance.

It doesn’t feel quite as good an all-rounder as the 5-Series though. No matter which Drive Select mode you choose, the steering feels completely removed from the action.

But it’s still magnificent at covering long distances with ease. And the ace up the Audi’s sleeve is four-wheel drive. Featuring the RS5’s crown-gear centre differential and torque vectoring, there’s always plenty of traction and given the UK’s recent harsh winters will be reason enough for many buyers to make a purchase.

Has the A6 finally thrown a sucker punch at the 5-Series? Well, it’s genuinely good looking, extremely efficient, spacious and good to drive. It’s also remarkably well equipped and well made. If driver involvement is a priority then the 5-Series still takes it.

The two are matched on performance and economy, although the BMW is still the better of the two to drive. But, the gap is much narrower than before.

Full Auto Express review here

Another point, very soon the 530d gets an upgrade to 258 bhp and 560 Nm of torque, the engine is currently on the X3 Xdrive30d, which will add to some more boost, and also bring down the fuel consumption and reduce carbon emissions, not that the 530d had any extra need for performance but with BMW pushing it hard not just for power but also efficiency , it's the upper end of the range where 530d is hard to ignore.

But this sure will be interesting, would be nice to have a complete comparison and owners reports soon as this is as close as it gets in the car market, some may choose the Audi, some BMW, and some Mercedes-Benz, but in a lot of ways all these cars are the finest and each only pushes the other to do better, and in my opinion for now BMW does everything better in India, Price included.

PlatzdaTurbo, Would you be able to post the in gear accelerations for both the Audi and the BMW if you have them?

Regards,

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 3rd August 2011 at 15:49.
Old 4th August 2011, 00:32   #40
BHPian

Platzda turbo your A4 also has a 7-speed s tronic trans as well.
Old 4th August 2011, 02:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSC View Post
Hello,
Got a invitation from Audi Delhi 2 days back. It includes 2 cards, itinerary,test drive ,lunch and party at the oberoi tomorrow night 04.08.2011.

will upload pictures of the car tomorrow.
I got the same kit. Mumbai potential customers have a slot on the 8th night though, otherwise, would've looked forward to meeting a fellow team-bhp'ian on the drive.

Delhi ex-showroom prices are a good 2L less than the prices Audi Mumbai West gives (for Thane i.e without octroi. Mumbai registration will be more)
Old 4th August 2011, 10:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Platzda turbo your A4 also has a 7-speed s tronic trans as well.

Dude, i kind of ......HAVE the car in my garage RIGHT NOW and it has been so for 1.5 years ?? Now i am slow but not THAT slow to not realize how many ratios does my car have, in a span of more than a year dont you think ???
It is a 6-speed DSG.
If you are looking at Audi India's page and telling me, well the 2011 versions started coming with the 7-speed. 2010 had 6-speed
Old 4th August 2011, 13:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 4th August 2011 at 13:20.
Old 4th August 2011, 18:39   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Dude, i kind of ......HAVE the car in my garage RIGHT NOW and it has been so for 1.5 years ?? Now i am slow but not THAT slow to not realize how many ratios does my car have, in a span of more than a year dont you think ???
It is a 6-speed DSG.
If you are looking at Audi India's page and telling me, well the 2011 versions started coming with the 7-speed. 2010 had 6-speed
It must be a triptronic then because on the brochure it says 7 speed s tronic and triptronic for the 3.2 now for the 2011 3.2's you get 7 speed s tronic. Maybe you havent pushed your car enought to reach m7 or s7 lol wierd if your car is a 6 speed s tronic because i didnt know audi provided one.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:06   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
It must be a triptronic then because on the brochure it says 7 speed s tronic and triptronic for the 3.2 now for the 2011 3.2's you get 7 speed s tronic. Maybe you havent pushed your car enought to reach m7 or s7 lol wierd if your car is a 6 speed s tronic because i didnt know audi provided one.
On any car or on the 3.0 tdi?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks