Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:18   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The New 2011 Audi A6. EDIT : Launch on 3rd August, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
]\
This car is going to be driver driven 70% of the time. Overall the A6 seems to have the best interior, Jag the best ride and the 530d the best features for the price.

The car will be used for a maximum of 4 years and 60-70k kms. I have voted for the loaded A6 black with dark brown interiors.

Please chime in with your suggestions. Car will be booked tomorrow.
Since it is going to be chauffeur driven most of the time, with the owner occasionally driving, I would recommend the F10 5 series or the A6.
The Jag has nothing special to write home about. I wasn't all that impressed by it, and for a chauffeur driven choice, the headroom and legroom at the back aren't impressive.
The Audi has the best ride between the E and the F10, but the rear seats are low. If your business partner is tall, then this might pose a problem, but for average height it shouldn't be too much of a bother.
The F10 has decent interiors, good maintenance packages, all the kit, and decently supportive seats. Sounds like a good all rounder, though the Audi has better interiors, as good an engine, Quattro, a better overall ride quality. It is just the low rear seats that are a put off, and if your partner is ok with this, then it should be the choice.
The E is just over-rated. The interiors aren't as good, neither are the features, nor the engine. A.S.S. would be the best, as is the design and comfort of the rear seats (not ride quality - ergonomically). But the interiors are a let down (in fact, many feel the W211 has better quality and designed interiors).
Depending on the priority, make the choice.
Old 23rd December 2011, 22:08   #92
BHPian

Update: Thanks for the suggestions.

Booked the Jag XF-S Diesel. The ride quality of the car is really good, it also felt a lot quicker than the 5, it handles really well and is a CBU. Unfortunately we cannot add any options to the car as they are all pre configured.

Delivery is first week of Jan. BTW he also got the 2012 range rover sport HSE while we were at the showroom. The service at the showroom was brilliant, extremely helpful guys.

Cheers..
Old 17th March 2012, 12:10   #93
BHPian

is audi launching a new model of the A6 anytime soon? i saw this A6 speeding on the W.E. highway, and it did not have the audi logo at the rear (it was clean and painted, not like where the logo has ben stolen). it was a 2.0 TDI model, and when i was trying to snap it, the driver sped away, trying to avoid any pictures.
Old 17th March 2012, 12:28   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
is audi launching a new model of the A6 anytime soon? i saw this A6 speeding on the W.E. highway, and it did not have the audi logo at the rear (it was clean and painted, not like where the logo has ben stolen). it was a 2.0 TDI model, and when i was trying to snap it, the driver sped away, trying to avoid any pictures.
Could have been a face lifted A4 since its launch is just around the corner.
Old 17th March 2012, 12:33   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur

Could have been a face lifted A4 since its launch is just around the corner.
It was the A6. I could see that on the boot.

The New 2011 Audi A6. EDIT : Launch on 3rd August, 2011-image1426874892.jpg
Old 17th March 2012, 14:02   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks like the same old test car that Audi was using before the A6 2.0 TDi's launch.
Possibly just on a run, given that the 2.0 TDi has already been launched, and it is too early for any model updates.
Old 26th March 2012, 13:59   #97
BHPian

Will be deciding on the 2.0 tdi A6 this afternoon. Getting a discount of around 2 lacs. What I want to know from people here is should I go for the MMI Touch package at 2.65 lacs extra. You also get the rear camera and dvd changer thrown in. Is it worth it?
Old 26th March 2012, 14:36   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Will be deciding on the 2.0 tdi A6 this afternoon. Getting a discount of around 2 lacs. What I want to know from people here is should I go for the MMI Touch package at 2.65 lacs extra. You also get the rear camera and dvd changer thrown in. Is it worth it?
What other options are you taking? I suggest you get a better sound system rather than that.
Old 26th March 2012, 17:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
What other options are you taking? I suggest you get a better sound system rather than that.
They have 12 cars left all with different combinations and none with the combination I want ie with the dark brown leather interior and oolong grey exterior with mmi or bose sound package. Will have a look at the colours and take a call tomorrow.
Old 26th March 2012, 21:41   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Personally, the MMI touch is a great feature. You get a bigger MMI screen as well which looks a lot better.
However, that aside, there is a little else that makes it worth it. Personally we wanted to get the Bose system - but was unavailable in the color and interior we wanted. If that comes with the bigger screen, it'll be perfect.
The rear camera is pointless as you already have the parking sensors, and you can connect a pen drive with all the songs you like instead of a DVD Player - not like you will watch it on the go.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 21:57   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Personally, the MMI touch is a great feature. You get a bigger MMI screen as well which looks a lot better.
However, that aside, there is a little else that makes it worth it. Personally we wanted to get the Bose system - but was unavailable in the color and interior we wanted. If that comes with the bigger screen, it'll be perfect.
The rear camera is pointless as you already have the parking sensors, and you can connect a pen drive with all the songs you like instead of a DVD Player - not like you will watch it on the go.
I'm having the same problem as you. They have limited stock with the different packages so not getting the combination that I really want. The Bose package is 1.2 lacs extra and then the rear entertainment screens are 1.5 lacs more. Not really worth it. I'm now thinking that instead of paying so much extra for all this stuff I might as well use that money to upgrade to the 3.0 tdi engine.
Old 26th March 2012, 22:18   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm having the same problem as you. They have limited stock with the different packages so not getting the combination that I really want. The Bose package is 1.2 lacs extra and then the rear entertainment screens are 1.5 lacs more. Not really worth it. I'm now thinking that instead of paying so much extra for all this stuff I might as well use that money to upgrade to the 3.0 tdi engine.
The 3.0 TDi is way superior from what I hear. Plus, with the Quattro, it should be a lot nicer to drive. However, the price difference is/was 10L when we booked our 2.0 - and it didn't make sense to spend 10L so the chauffeur could enjoy the power.
Are you getting Audi Car Life for the third and fourth year?
By the way, any requirements for this car? Do check out the rear seat comfort, as that is a sore point for us with the seats being a little low. And also, do a TD at the night and see the illumination provided by the head lights as that is a sore point for Harbir.
Barring those two points, I am sure you will enjoy the car - it has the best design, interiors, and usable features and design points that make life a lot nicer on the go.

As for the accessories - we found the Bose system as the only wanted item. None of us embark on long drives that will really make use of the DVD player. Generally, on such drives, I am behind the wheel, and the rear seat passengers just keep their eye on the speedo

Last edited by lamborghini : 26th March 2012 at 22:19.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 16:16   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The 3.0 TDi is way superior from what I hear. Plus, with the Quattro, it should be a lot nicer to drive. However, the price difference is/was 10L when we booked our 2.0 - and it didn't make sense to spend 10L so the chauffeur could enjoy the power.
Are you getting Audi Car Life for the third and fourth year?
By the way, any requirements for this car? Do check out the rear seat comfort, as that is a sore point for us with the seats being a little low. And also, do a TD at the night and see the illumination provided by the head lights as that is a sore point for Harbir.
Barring those two points, I am sure you will enjoy the car - it has the best design, interiors, and usable features and design points that make life a lot nicer on the go.

As for the accessories - we found the Bose system as the only wanted item. None of us embark on long drives that will really make use of the DVD player. Generally, on such drives, I am behind the wheel, and the rear seat passengers just keep their eye on the speedo
Mostly going to be self driven by me, that too mostly at night. You're right the 3.0 engine at 10 lacs extra didnt make sense. I got the 2.0tdi in ibis white with dark brown interiors with the LED light package. Its a whopping 2.75 lacs extra but it was the only option they had in my colour choice so I went for it. Delivery promised before 31st March
manishk123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 17:00   #104
Senior - BHPian

Audi revealed the 2015 facelift version of its premium saloon - A6. The new car will feature exterior and interior styling changes as well as additional equipment.

The facelift version of the A6 is expected to be launched in India in 2015.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 5th September 2014 at 17:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks