Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 10:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda to revamp 'City' sedan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
In fact 'E' Variant was launched in 2009; don't remember if that was ever discontinued and bought back.
I think you are mistaken. ANHC came with E and S variants initially in September 2008. Then about a year later, Honda discontinued the E variant and brought in the 'V' variant. That is the time the Beige interiors were introduced and mud flaps were made standard! And that is when my dad got his car. But I am not aware when Honda re-introduced E variant to the market.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:33   #17
BHPian

The TOI report on the same subject does not mention the new components to be thrown in. And both the reports say that Honda hasa denied such claims? Wondering why they would do that in face of stiff competition from Verna and Vento? Are they thinking that it might take away the excitement from Brio launch?

If this happens during Diwali, when is Brio planned to be launched?

Last edited by Tats07 : 24th June 2011 at 10:37. Reason: Corrections
Old 24th June 2011, 10:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I think you are mistaken. ANHC came with E and S variants initially in September 2008. Then about a year later, Honda discontinued the E variant and brought in the 'V' variant. That is the time the Beige interiors were introduced and mud flaps were made standard! And that is when my dad got his car. But I am not aware when Honda re-introduced E variant to the market.
Honda did that with the Civic too. Got in the E variant without alloys and ACC and later discontinued it. I expected the E variant to stay to compete with the Altis J.

Now even though the Honda site talks about City E, I have never seen any of them on the roads. I assume the Citys with no S or V tags are the E variants.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:49   #19
BHPian

hehehe.. I am loving it. They are actually being brought down to their knees by competition. It was high time someone got the arrogant Honda management to do a reality check of their cars and the pricing. I however feel sad for the people who bought a City before the price drop. They lost out big time especially a loss of about Rs. 50k + usual depreciation if they were to sell it sooner. And now with the added extra which Honda may put since competition provides all the luxuries, the older cars will loose out more. Until and unless they decide to bring up the costs of the updated versions to the same level as before the price cut.

As for upgrading their cars, Honda brings out new models or updates (if you may call it) every 5 years and refreshes their cars at the 2.5-3 years mark. At least this was the case when I used to work with them closely in Malaysia. So look out for a refreshed City being launched elsewhere in SE Asia first and then you can be sure that its coming here. Or this time maybe they plan to launch it first here as they are really taking a hit!

Anyway, COMPETITION is ALWAYS GOOD for us I somehow feel if you want to buy a Honda its the best time (provided you dont care about the luxuries offered by Linea/ Vento/ Fiesta) as you can maybe bargain your way through to some more discounts from the dealer saying new one is due soon! Happy bargaining..

Last edited by sarmarishi : 24th June 2011 at 10:53.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:54   #20
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
This time they should at least add ACC, CD player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
What the ANHC sorely lacks is ACC, wish they'd add that on instead of making cosmetic changes to the tail lamp cluster
Adding myself to this list. At 10L, ACC should be a given feature these days. And please change the unworthy air flow toggle switch.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Honda did that with the Civic too. Got in the E variant without alloys and ACC and later discontinued it. I expected the E variant to stay to compete with the Altis J.

Now even though the Honda site talks about City E, I have never seen any of them on the roads. I assume the Citys with no S or V tags are the E variants.
The only differentiating factor on the outside for the E used to be black door handles and black OVRMs. When I went through the Honda website now to find the differences between E and the other models, the site says E too comes with body coloured door handles and OVRMs. Don't know if it is an overlook in the site or if Honda has changed that now though.
Old 24th June 2011, 11:11   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

All these moves by Honda indicates that they cut the prices to leave some space to launch the face lifted city with higher prices. Without this price cut the prices would have got even closer to Civic which itself is dieing a slow death.

Seems to be a smart move, however, need to see if it backfires on Honda with the current market situation.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Adding myself to this list. At 10L, ACC should be a given feature these days. And please change the unworthy air flow toggle switch.
Can someone pls explain to me whats the big deal about ACC?
Both my cars dont have it whereas my FIL's car (SX4) has it.

Sure its "nice to have" but whats the big deal in not having it?
And if it isnt expensive to throw in one, why arent manufaturers doing that? Is this a class differentiating feature? I dont think so.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
What the ANHC sorely lacks is ACC, wish they'd add that on instead of making cosmetic changes to the tail lamp cluster
Exactly. It looks like most of the other sedans in that segment like ANHV and NFS have it.

IMO , the tail lamp cluster in the ANHC looks good, so I wonder why they are fiddling with it. I remember they added 'wrap around' rear lights on the NHC, which did nothing to improve the ugly butt.

To me this looks like round # 2 of minor uplifts on the ANHC. I remember they added alloys and fogs in round # 1, apart from a new knob for the AC -- a knob that looked quite contrasting to the two beside it, and seemed to be a ludicrous change.

I also expect Honda to increase the price of the car once they introuduce the changes.

Last edited by vnabhi : 24th June 2011 at 13:40.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:48   #25
BHPian

@bluevolt and suman, in ful agreement about ACC-which you may have noticed on the Brazilian commercials.And electronic ORVMS.How about telescopic steering?

As per various channels, the launch of the face-lifted ANHC may be Jan 2012.
Old 24th June 2011, 14:12   #26
BHPian

Couldn't have been a better timing for potential buyers especially since the competition is really heating up, Vento, Fluidic Verna, New Fiesta and now the facelifted AHNC.

I was looking for AHNC in Aug but I'll think I shall hang on (being greedy ain't I)

What I would like to see on the facelifted AHNC

1) Auto Climate Control (like many others)
2) Electrically foldable OVRM
3) Better quality platics

If the scoop pics are anything to go by, I've already got itchy hands.
Old 24th June 2011, 14:17   #27
BANNED

Looks like to real changes, not even Climate Control by the looks of it. Just a cosmetic freshening up. See Honda to revamp 'City' sedan in a bid to revive its fortunes - The Economic Times
Old 24th June 2011, 14:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post

As per various channels, the launch of the face-lifted ANHC may be Jan 2012.
Hi charthom,

Is this news airing on TV also? Which channel? If it is really launching then festive season is the best time to launch it.
Old 24th June 2011, 14:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
To me this looks like round # 2 of minor uplifts on the ANHC. I remember they added alloys and fogs in round # 1, apart from a new knob for the AC -- a knob that looked quite contrasting to the two beside it, and seemed to be a ludicrous change.

I also expect Honda to increase the price of the car once they introuduce the changes.
I too was puzzled why Honda din't offer the rotary knob on the two controls beside it! I even got annoyed at Honda's skimpy attitude. Thanks for mentioning it
Old 24th June 2011, 14:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I too was puzzled why Honda din't offer the rotary knob on the two controls beside it! I even got annoyed at Honda's skimpy attitude. Thanks for mentioning it
You're welcome! It looks like you missed the thread started by sidindica on phase 1 of the ANHC's upgrade around 2 years ago. The comments on the new rotary knob were simply hilarious!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks