Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2011, 11:13   #676
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Ok guys after going through numerous reviews and posts I think Swift will definately go in the Polo/i20 region. It will be 50-60k costlier than the original version. Initially sales of Swift will be high because of clearing previous orders but after some months I think it will settle in the 6-8k category (earlier it used to do around 10k I think). It is going to affect i20 the most. The above mentioned points are just my opinions.
Old 13th August 2011, 17:35   #677
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

SVP says "expect 20k or so higher than earlier Swift"
If so there will not be much difference in the sales figures or else it may follow the fiesta way.
Old 13th August 2011, 17:43   #678
BHPian

I am hoping VXI with ABS to be 20K more than older model.
If it is more, I am getting a Ritz.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 17:56   #679
BHPian

Me and my brother booked the New Swift ZDI variant last week from APRA Auto in Gurgaon. They took a cheque for 10k as initial booking amount and also said that the new price could be around 6.8 lac on road. Also we were told the official launch is going to be on 18th August and to expect a delivery around Feb 2012. Keeping fingers crossed
Old 13th August 2011, 18:27   #680
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your booking and I wouldnt be surprised if this comes true. This car has all the makings of a winner and smash hit at that.

I dont foresee any other car posing a threat to its numero uno position atleast in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuzz View Post
expect a delivery around Feb 2012.
Old 13th August 2011, 19:10   #681
Team-BHP Support

The pricing is up by around Rs. 50,000 on all models. Confirmed by the neighborhood dealer. Three white Vdi's are billed to them, should arrive in 2-3 weeks time.

^^There is going to be a longer wait for this Car than the previous Car had.
Old 13th August 2011, 19:45   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

Official studio shot of the new Swift's dashboard -

(Click to open in a new window)

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-marutiswiftinteriors.jpg

4 days to go.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th August 2011 at 19:46.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 20:37   #683
BHPian

Guys, NDTV review is out
All new Maruti Swift: B-segment benchmark?
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 21:39   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Ok guys after going through numerous reviews and posts I think Swift will definately go in the Polo/i20 region. It will be 50-60k costlier than the original version. It is going to affect i20 the most. The
I said this days ago, but some of our mates not only did not agree but also contradicted that the new Swift would be featureless. But things are getting clearer. VW has already began to feel the heat. Come September, it would be freebies galore with i20.

Some friend has posted that old Swifts are still sold to persons who is not at all aware of the swifts new avatar getting launched soon. I saw such an un-suspicious guy with a Swift purchased today. Poor chap, he is gonna lose sleep five days on.

Last edited by rajeev k : 13th August 2011 at 21:52.
Old 13th August 2011, 21:51   #685
Senior - BHPian

^^I know some people who actually bought the current Swift in a hurry, before it went off the shelves. They did NOT want a new Swift.
Old 13th August 2011, 22:10   #686
Senior - BHPian

^^ They would have wanted to own the old Swift as a passion like Hormazd Sorabjee, who wanted to purchase the last M800 car to be produced by MSL

Discounts and freebies from dealer in addition to the lower price could be adequate reason for some.
Old 13th August 2011, 22:46   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
^^ They would have wanted to own the old Swift as a passion like Hormazd Sorabjee, who wanted to purchase the last M800 car to be produced by MSL

Discounts and freebies from dealer in addition to the lower price could be adequate reason for some.
Can you elaborate? I think the M800 is still in production and sold in non-metros.
Old 13th August 2011, 23:02   #688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some friend has posted that old Swifts are still sold to persons who is not at all aware of the swifts new avatar getting launched soon. I saw such an un-suspicious guy with a Swift purchased today. Poor chap, he is gonna lose sleep five days on.
I don't think that people are NOT aware of the new Swift ! The ads have hit almost all the newspapers, so everyone should know about this already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^I know some people who actually bought the current Swift in a hurry, before it went off the shelves. They did NOT want a new Swift.
+1. Some people liked the old design though there is not much change. Also there are people who didnt want to wait for lot of months and people who was not really interested in paying the additional amount for the new one. We actually have an example in this very own forum !

Quote:
I don't think Swift will have any discounts in the near future. Not at least for the next 6 months. They have enough booking to run the show housefull for the next 6 months or so. Will have to see how it goes beyond that or whether they are going to feel the heat from someone.
Old 13th August 2011, 23:11   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't think Swift will have any discounts in the near future. Not at least for the next 6 months. They have enough booking to run the show housefull for the next 6 months or so. Will have to see how it goes beyond that or whether they are going to feel the heat from someone.
I was referring to the current Swift there. Please read my post again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Can you elaborate? I think the M800 is still in production and sold in non-metros.
He said that couple of years ago when the M800 was touted to be discontinued. But M800 still lingers on in BS III.

Last edited by rajeev k : 13th August 2011 at 23:16.
Old 13th August 2011, 23:55   #690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to the current Swift there. Please read my post again.
Even I was referring to the same ! Sorry that the language was not clear enough. First of all I doubt there are any current Swift still unsold. Since the production was cut 2-3 months back, I doubt there are any pieces left.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks