Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 17:13   #1426
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!

Most of us are in the same ferry. Everyone who has booked a Swift in the past and is waiting for the delivery doesn't know when will the actual delivery happen. I booked in April but dont know when will I get my car( ZDI). I have already paid the entire amount to the dealer presuming that this may fasten the delivery process. But till date my gesture of paying 6.48 lac hasn't yielded any fruit. One thing what surprises me is that dealer is persistently saying that Swift is not being produced . I have tried to share all the figures that are croping up at various sources on the net regarding the number of cars being produced ( i.e. 500 approx) at gurgoan and manesar . But those buggers at the dealer end keep saying - wait for another month- wait for another month. It's high time for Maruti to please clear to the consumers that what is the actual waiting period , or have they charted out any schedule according to which deliveries are to take place. The situation is really getting tense .
Old 19th September 2011, 17:20   #1427
BHPian

Saw the new Swift in flesh today. My opinion is, that its an excellent front end car. As in the the front half was excellent, driving position , dash etc. However, the back has been compromised I guess. Ingress in the back seat would be an issue. The boot is too small to fit in anything meaningful. All in all I must say I was a bit disappointed.
Old 20th September 2011, 15:26   #1428
BHPian

Any idea how much does the extended warranty for swift costs?
Old 20th September 2011, 16:18   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Any idea how much does the extended warranty for swift costs?
Extended warranty for the new swift is RS 7000/-
dinar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 16:21   #1430
BHPian

^^ And that is for how many years?
Old 20th September 2011, 19:52   #1431
BHPian

Those who got the new swift, can you check the VIN number of your car and let us know the difference in manufacturing date and delivery date. This is one way we can check the hype that dealers are making. I have enquired about swift in trivandrum and the price quoted for ZDI is 707000 and VDI is 623000. Waiting period was 6-7 months. No festive season discounts or corporate bonus.
Old 20th September 2011, 22:49   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S.Grewal View Post
Most of us are in the same ferry. Everyone who has booked a Swift in the past and is waiting for the delivery doesn't know when will the actual delivery happen. I booked in April but dont know when will I get my car( ZDI). I have already paid the entire amount to the dealer presuming that this may fasten the delivery process. But till date my gesture of paying 6.48 lac hasn't yielded any fruit. One thing what surprises me is that dealer is persistently saying that Swift is not being produced . I have tried to share all the figures that are croping up at various sources on the net regarding the number of cars being produced ( i.e. 500 approx) at gurgoan and manesar . But those buggers at the dealer end keep saying - wait for another month- wait for another month. It's high time for Maruti to please clear to the consumers that what is the actual waiting period , or have they charted out any schedule according to which deliveries are to take place. The situation is really getting tense .
What your dealer is saying is very true, the situation is much worse than what they say in the media. MSI is not giving out the real figures as they fear it will affect the share prices. I know someone who is in a very good post in Maruti and when asked him when my Swift would be delivered, he told me this fact. The day I talked to him, he told me last day they made some 30 cars from a capacity of around 10k!
Old 20th September 2011, 22:59   #1433
Senior - BHPian

Dealers in Bangalore are quoting a waiting period of 8-10 months!! I'd say this is totally unacceptable. I mailed Maruti regarding the same and this is the response I get:

Thank you for the email.
We do highly appreciate the interest shown and the faith entrusted by you in our product and in Maruti Suzuki.

We once again wish to inform you that regarding this query you may contact the same Maruti dealer with whom you have made the booking of your car as they would be able to help you in this regards. The information you are looking for can be best provided by your dealer only.
Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.

Regards,
ANY TIME MARUTI

I told them that this is my escalation mail because the dealer could not sort out things. But in response, I get the same mail back. How rude and disgusting!

EDIT: Now, I'm really thinking of going ahead with the Ritz or i20. What do you guys say? How the Ritz VDi? Apart from the tailgate design, should be a sensible car, right? i20 is a good alternative too, but you get the Sportz variant is costlier than the ZDi variant. Not sure if the i20 CRDi is really VFM?

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 20th September 2011 at 23:29.
Old 21st September 2011, 00:23   #1434
BHPian

I've also booked a New Swift ZDi for myself but with the currently going strike & protests I don't think that I can get my Swift this year.

IMHO, Currently MSIL is going through the Worst crisis of their lifetime.
They've everything(from Designs to Customers) now, but due to the ongoing crisis they are unable to churn out the New Swifts' for its eagerly awaiting customers now.
Don't know when the Dusk of this era will happen & with with 80k+ bookings in their hand MSIL is also sleeping now.

I need a Diesel car urgently in the month of October2011 or can max stretch it upto November2011 but these above quoted reasons are forcing me to opt for other options like Nissan Micra dCi or Fiat Punto90.
Old 21st September 2011, 00:42   #1435
vdi
BHPian

I have checked with my source at Kottayam and he promised me a delivery of ZDi in 3 months. But to be frank am bit sceptical of selling my BSIII as am sure that it wont be that fun to drive the new one.
Old 21st September 2011, 06:55   #1436
BHPian

likewise, i have booked my Vxi during on 2nd Sep. I doubt if I can get it in the promised 2 months time. But I can afford to wait, but how long. Threshold is 6 months.
Old 21st September 2011, 09:30   #1437
Senior - BHPian

Was at ABT chennai yesterday for booking the new swift. Came back without booking the car due to good reasons.

I was there for 1/2 hr waiting for someone to attend, but as soon as i told that i have come here to TD and book swift and i am ready with cash the Sales Advisors all disappeared. No one would attend to me at all.

Finally came to know that MSIL has instructed the dealers not to take anymore bookings and thats why all the confusion

if this is so why cant they tell me at the first outset? why i was made to wait half an hour for nothing despite me telling them i was ready for booking that instant?. i seriously condemn this attitude of the MSIL employees?. If this is the attitude you show me in booking what attitude you will show me in ASS?

Even after i told them i was ready to wait even for 8-12months, they couldnt even give me a estimated time for delivery andkept on saying MSIL has instructed them not to take any more bookings especially for the ZDI/VXI models.

Bye bye MSIL..........Time for more TD........here i come ford/hyundai/nissan
Old 21st September 2011, 11:43   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
I have checked with my source at Kottayam and he promised me a delivery of ZDi in 3 months. But to be frank am bit sceptical of selling my BSIII as am sure that it wont be that fun to drive the new one.
Same is the answer I got when I enquired Indus Kochi. They quoted a waiting period of 4 months I went in with a mind set to book a new ZDi and trade in my current VDi. I desperately wanted an ZDi variant when I booked my VDi last year. But after the TD I decided to stick on with my current VDi. IMO, I really felt the low end was better in the outgoing swift and was not so happy with the cosmetic changes done with the exteriors. Felt like some fun to drive factor is missing. Overall the heart said not worth an exchange Being said that, there are dealers who are giving VDi variants within 10-15 days of booking (of course after paying premium of around 30K). My friend back at hometown got a VDi from some dealer in Perinthalmanna(north Kerala). But colors are well limited.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 21st September 2011 at 11:48.
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 13:36   #1439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Extended warranty for the new swift is RS 7000/-
Thats quite a steep rise ! I guess I paid 5000/ for my old gen in 2008 for a total of 4 years / 80K kms E.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Is this from AVG motors? These guys promise anything to get the sales. They are a set of guys with NO ethics at all. I was promised a 45 day delivery for my Swift VDi ABS in 2008 & I had to fight with the regional sales team to get my Swift after a 4 month waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Same is the answer I got when I enquired Indus Kochi. They quoted a waiting period of 4 months
How are these guys on the trust / ethics factor? Again thanks for the feedback on the new version. I want to know on the rattling part and I feel thats the only down part of the previous gen Swift. Otherwise I am mostly happy with my car & its performance [except for rear & boot space - I know the new Swift also dont score "heavily" better on these parameters]

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st September 2011 at 13:37.
Old 21st September 2011, 20:24   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Was at ABT chennai yesterday for booking the new swift. Came back without booking the car due to good reasons.
-----
-----
Even after i told them i was ready to wait even for 8-12months, they couldnt even give me a estimated time for delivery andkept on saying MSIL has instructed them not to take any more bookings especially for the ZDI/VXI models.

Bye bye MSIL..........Time for more TD........here i come ford/hyundai/nissan
Intersting! as I was there in ABT to book/TD the new SWIFT on 17th Sep, they received us well and said that the waiting period is about 5 to 7 months. We didn't take the test drive as the road was blocked with heavy traffic!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks