Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 10:25   #1411
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

C300 mine is not the first one here. i think Siddam's was the first one if im not wrong.

Shashank not sure if i can do the PDI, but will check with the dealer.

naveen, Dakshin Honda on Hosur road is my dealer, its Jazz select and Ralleye Red is the color
thanks everyone for your wishes, as for reviews, i will not be using the vehicle its my wife who will be chauffeured, ofcourse i will drive over weekends or one off days..will for sure post my first impressions.

Wishes for your speedy deliveries.
thanks
Keyan
Old 15th September 2011, 15:57   #1412
Senior - BHPian

For folks in Bombay, Solitaire Honda now has a test drive vehicle. Planning to go there this weekend.
hiren.mistry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 16:25   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
For folks in Bombay, Solitaire Honda now has a test drive vehicle. Planning to go there this weekend.
Hallmark Honda in Navi mumbai also have a test drive car.

@funkyp it was a white car not sure about the variant.

For variant it will be better if you call and get the confirmation.

Last edited by scrooze : 15th September 2011 at 16:31.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:28   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Hallmark Honda in Navi mumbai also have a test drive car.
which colour/variant is this? i am keen to see an X in white with the front grill. i was reading elsewhere that the grill have also reached the dealers.

the solitaire honda is a white select i have been told.
Old 15th September 2011, 19:16   #1415
BHPian

Hey bhpians need your advice. Sundaram has clearly told that the color change vehicle would take minimum 60 days to deliver. Called up Capital and he is not giving any committments on the delivery.

My wife's sister had just booked their Jazz UT now at Vellore Star Honda and they would get the delivery this month end. When enquired with them if a black is available, the ASM has assured that he can deliver within 20 days. He has also informed, that they will drive the vehicle to chennai and do the regstration in Chennai itself and deliver to us.

Should i go for it??
Old 15th September 2011, 19:30   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
He has also informed, that they will drive the vehicle to chennai and do the regstration in Chennai itself and deliver to us.

Should i go for it??
Would your like your car to driven 130kms without your inspection. I wouldnt do it. Moreover it all highway. It will be a joy ride for them. See if you can transport it. Cost goes up.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 15th September 2011 at 19:31.
Old 15th September 2011, 19:37   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
C300 mine is not the first one here. i think Siddam's was the first one if im not wrong.

Shashank not sure if i can do the PDI, but will check with the dealer.
The reason i asked is because my dealer gave me crap like it is against Honda policy to allow a customer to their yard! Absolute rubbish! I want to know how the other dealers in bangalore are with regard to this.

Quote:
He has also informed, that they will drive the vehicle to chennai and do the regstration in Chennai itself and deliver to us.

Should i go for it??
Is it possible that you take a temporary registration and drive it down to Chennai and get it registered yourself ? It would give you the peace of mind that your car hasn't been abused pre-delivery.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 15th September 2011 at 19:39. Reason: spelling error corrected.
Old 15th September 2011, 19:43   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Would your like your car to driven 130kms without your inspection. I wouldnt do it. Moreover it all highway. It will be a joy ride for them. See if you can transport it. Cost goes up.
That was in my mind, sure they would race it. What if the dealer transport it in the trailer in which the car arrives from the plant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
Is it possible that you take a temporary registration and drive it down to Chennai and get it registered yourself ? It would give you the peace of mind that your car hasn't been abused pre-delivery.
Cheap and hassle free??
Old 15th September 2011, 20:19   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheap and hassle free??
Neither i guess. Just the peace of mind that the car hasn't been abused IF they are to drive it down.
Old 15th September 2011, 20:19   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
The reason i asked is because my dealer gave me crap like it is against Honda policy to allow a customer to their yard! Absolute rubbish! I want to know how the other dealers in bangalore are with regard to this.
I did a complete PDI of my jazz before i took the delivery at delars yard. It is compelte crap that it is against companys policy.

Quote:
That was in my mind, sure they would race it. What if the dealer transport it in the trailer in which the car arrives from the plant?
Cant the delear ask Honda, vechile need to be delivered to Chennai directly?
Old 15th September 2011, 20:27   #1421
BHPian

Quote:

My wife's sister had just booked their Jazz UT now at Vellore Star Honda and they would get the delivery this month end. When enquired with them if a black is available, the ASM has assured that he can deliver within 20 days.
dre@ms: I thought the waiting period for Jazz was a few months, could you tell us how they are getting it in 20 days. Had they done a booking earlier, or this is purely because of the variant/color combination ?
Old 15th September 2011, 20:50   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk

When I requested a PDI for my City last month, I too heard the same kind of talk. But I insisted that I need to see the car, else I am canceling and booking elsewhere. So they agreed, but they didn't take me to the stockyard. They brought the car to the showroom, which is about 5 kms from the yard. They did a quick wash, and brought the car inside the showroom, where we did the checks. The dealer whom I dealt with is Whitefield Honda.
Old 15th September 2011, 21:22   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt if the trailer from the factory would be interested in going beyond the point mentioned on their Delivery Challans. Especially since it is at their risk until they unload the cars at the dealers' yard

Quote:
Cheap and hassle free??
Ideal situation would be to do a temp registration and drive back to Chennai. You will atleast be able to break the car in gently..

@akj123 It could be because each dealer may have a quota of cars assigned, considering Vellore may not have many bookings, he would be able to deliver at a faster rate.

Also doing PDI at the dealers stockyard / showroom depends on your rapport with them. You know them well, you get to do a PDI at their yard, with a choice of VINs available to you.

Last edited by uday.ere : 15th September 2011 at 21:27.
Old 15th September 2011, 22:06   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Neither i guess. Just the peace of mind that the car hasn't been abused IF they are to drive it down.
I should have been more clearer. I was asking, doing a registration ourself is cheaper and hassle free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Cant the delear ask Honda, vechile need to be delivered to Chennai directly?
Not sure, let me check with the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
dre@ms: I thought the waiting period for Jazz was a few months, could you tell us how they are getting it in 20 days. Had they done a booking earlier, or this is purely because of the variant/color combination ?
Even i was surprised, may be, Vellore is a small town, so not much bookings??

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
I doubt if the trailer from the factory would be interested in going beyond the point mentioned on their Delivery Challans. Especially since it is at their risk until they unload the cars at the dealers' yard
Ideal situation would be to do a temp registration and drive back to Chennai. You will atleast be able to break the car in gently..
Let me get a clarity from the dealer.

Fishy thing is, he can get Jazz in black color within 20 days, whereas, sundaram cited black is no way around.
Old 15th September 2011, 22:19   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Cheaper--Yes! Hassle-free-I'd say no. You may have to go a few times to the RTO plus, the entire experience is wholly dependent on the inspector you deal with and in general the transparency at that RTO.

If i were in a hurry to buy the car, i'd do a thorough PDI with the vellore dealer you've mentioned, satisfy myself nothing is wrong with the car, drive it down to Chennai and get a registration done.

You have a car in about 20 days, enjoy a nice long drive on highway and have the peace of mind that the engine hasn't been abused in the initial few kms and enjoy the car. The sooner the run-in period is over, the lesser wait to revv the i-vtec !!

Hope it helps!
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks