Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2011, 16:45   #1291
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
@uday.ere : Isn't the front grill of the UT from the old Jazz ?
Supposed to have a chrome grill right ?

@ dreams: +1. Jazz in UT is a killer
The front grill of the new X is slightly modified compared to the older X. it is body coloured. Only the select gets the chrome grill.

Also with the UT colour, it seems to look very different every time. the two photos posted above in the two posts the colour appears to be different. I like it at one go, dont at other! In flesh look at the UT select was a no no for me.
Decided to go for the white. Now maybe considering the UT again
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 16:49   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
@uday.ere : Isn't the front grill of the UT from the old Jazz ?
Supposed to have a chrome grill right ?

@ dreams: +1. Jazz in UT is a killer
Karty, the front grill on the UT seems to be the one on the base model of Jazz (carried over from the old Jazz I suppose).

The X MT gets a dual tone grille (body colored with black accent) which is charged 8K as a compulsory accessory - this owner seems to have decided not to take it.

The chrome is OEM fitment on the Select variant.

The more I see the UT shade, the more I seem to like it. (Reminds me of my previous car's color - Signet Silver - a lighter shade of UT).

Cheers
Uday
uday.ere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 18:40   #1293
BHPian

visited the showroom again today to clear my dilema about the UT. The car had been cleaned and was in the showroom for display. Under the lights, it looked good. The chrome bits went well with the car. However, once i was out and saw the colour on the the city, didnt like it as much.

Although UT is a good colour, not going for it since it keeps going from good to ok to good in my mind. White X it will be!

Some snaps taken at the showroom. They even had a red X for display:
Attached Thumbnails
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-img_0323.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-img_0324.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-img_0325.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-img_0326.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-img_0327.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-img_0328.jpg  

funkyp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 18:46   #1294
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb pics! Thanks, funkyp.

My initial assumptions prove to be true - the Urban Titanium shade looks dashing on the Select, and complements the chrome bits and the biege interiors wonderfully. Anyone thinking of getting the Select should seriously consider the UT shade.

The Rallye Red looks to suit X the best, IMO. The black grille in the front suits the Red shade better. Not sure about the blue-black interiors, though. A lighter color should blend well with those interiors. Now, if only it was a lighter combo of blue-black.
Old 8th September 2011, 19:34   #1295
BHPian

Black grill on an X variant? I think they have not installed the Front Grill. Funkyp Can we have pics of the blue black interiors if you have them? Is this at Soliatare, Borivali? I see Beige Panels on the X variant. What has honda done? Black/Blue/Beige Three colors now that will certainly create a clash. Confusion again!!
Old 8th September 2011, 19:39   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Black grill on an X variant? I think they have not installed the Front Grill. Funkyp Can we have pics of the blue black interiors if you have them? Is this at Soliatare, Borivali? I see Beige Panels on the X variant. What has honda done? Black/Blue/Beige Three colors now that will certainly create a clash. Confusion again!!
Yes, this was at solitaire borivali. The grill and the spoiler had not been fitted. The car had just come into the showrom and the plastics were still on, so didnt take snaps of the interior. but these were exactly the same as on the old jazz if you had seen them. Will do that when i visit again on Saturday.

The top half above the dashboard is greyish (the shade on the old jazz). The blue black is on the door sides and seats only. Overall, it looks much better than the beige black in the select.

Last edited by funkyp : 8th September 2011 at 19:41.
funkyp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 19:43   #1297
BHPian

Funky, in the last pic the 'A' panel looks beige, you sure it is greyish?
Old 8th September 2011, 19:48   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Funky, in the last pic the 'A' panel looks beige, you sure it is greyish?
yes. it is like in the old jazz and different from the one in select. its like a very light shade of grey.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 19:48   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Ralleye Red and UT look terrific, so I don't really mind either color even if I like UT just that bit more, what with it being the calling card for the Jazz much like Sapphire Blue was for the older Jazz.

Had my doubts about UT for a bit, but not anymore. Thanks funkyp!
Old 8th September 2011, 21:04   #1300
BHPian

Hi, I have a few questions on some of the features. Hope someone can answer them all.

First of all, I am surprised at the amount of kit on the base variant itself! I don't know why but I always thought the jazz was under equipped as far as equipment level goes.

1. What exactly is drive by wire on the jazz? What does it do?

2. What is key less entry with answer back? The base variant has this. Does this mean the base variant comes with remote lock? Pardon my ignorance. I drive a 20 year old maruti 800!

3. What are halogen lights? I don't believe these are fog lamps.

4. The audio unit comes with usb connectivity. Is anyone aware of how I can connect/convert this to receive blue tooth signal? I have all my music on my phone (android) and don't want to have to burn all my music onto cds. Or is there any cable I can use to connect my phone via usb to play music?

5. How is the audio quality from the in built speakers? I'm not extremely pedantic but want decent audio quality.

6. What is an ECU immobiliser? How does this work?

7. What is power door mirror on the base variant? How does this work? I don't believe this retracts/extends at the push of a button.

As you can see, all my questions are on the base variant as I see tremendous value on this offering. Does anybody have pictures of the base model? I'd like to see what the front grille looks like.
Old 8th September 2011, 22:26   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the base version itself is very well equipped...better than the mid-versions of other cars. And Airbags + ABS as standard
Here you go -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Hi, I have a few questions on some of the features. Hope someone can answer them all.

First of all, I am surprised at the amount of kit on the base variant itself! I don't know why but I always thought the jazz was under equipped as far as equipment level goes.

Nothing really...supposed to improve throttle response.

2. What is key less entry with answer back? The base variant has this. Does this mean the base variant comes with remote lock? Pardon my ignorance. I drive a 20 year old maruti 800!
Yes, it comes with remote

Just the headlights..all cars nowadays have halogen lights, nothing special.

4. The audio unit comes with usb connectivity. Is anyone aware of how I can connect/convert this to receive blue tooth signal? I have all my music on my phone (android) and don't want to have to burn all my music onto cds. Or is there any cable I can use to connect my phone via usb to play music?

You can use the Aux-in cable to connect, available at 100 bucks.

5. How is the audio quality from the in built speakers? I'm not extremely pedantic but want decent audio quality.

Very good...no upgrade required if you are not an audiophile

Cuts off the fuel supply if the key does not match the code...basically a security thing...most cars of today have it.

7. What is power door mirror on the base variant? How does this work? I don't believe this retracts/extends at the push of a button.
It means both side OVRMs can be adjusted using buttons - up,down, inward, outward. The retracting mirror feature is available only in the X variant.

As you can see, all my questions are on the base variant as I see tremendous value on this offering. Does anybody have pictures of the base model? I'd like to see what the front grille looks like.
There is one below in red color without the chrome grill, same as the old Jazz.
Hope it helps and best of luck. I too feel the Jazz offers tremendous value at this price.

Last edited by adimicra : 8th September 2011 at 22:27.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 22:48   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Yes, the base version itself is very well equipped...better than the mid-versions of other cars. And Airbags + ABS as standard
Here you go -

Hope it helps and best of luck. I too feel the Jazz offers tremendous value at this price.

Thanks a lot guys. That was quick response!!
About the keyless entry, what is the "answer back" feature? what exactly does this do?

I have a couple of more questions:
Q: What is this car's "wade-ability"? By that I mean - what is the maximum depth of water this car can wade through without causing damage to the engine/water entering the cabin? The reason I ask is, Chennai and most other Indian cities are flooded during the monsoons and it is a nightmare to drive during this time. The last thing I want is to drive a new car through knee deep water and run huge repair bills! I don't know if this is discussed elsewhere; if it is, please point me in that direction.

Q: The only useful feature(s) I see for my use in the select variant are the alloy wheels. Is it possible to have these (X variant's alloys) fitted at the dealership for an extra cost? Obviously, the extra cost not exceeding the difference between the base and select variants. I am completely put off by the overdose of chrome and your prefer a neat black grille as shown in the red jazz above.
Old 8th September 2011, 22:59   #1303
BHPian

Sergei, Answers in bold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post

Even the base Jazz has a lot of kit to offer and the differences in the variants is just comfort features as both the Engine and safety features are standard across the range.

Drive-by-wire technology replaces the traditional mechanical control systems with electronic control systems. Hence, the traditional components such as the steering column, intermediate shafts, pumps, hoses, belts, coolers and vacuum servos and master cylinders are eliminated from the vehicle. Safety can be improved by providing computer controlled intervention of vehicle controls.

Keyless entry means you use the buttons on the key to lock and unlock. The answerback feature is a blinking of the hazard lights (indicator lights if you may) - once to unlock and thrice to lock.

No these are not fog lamps.
A halogen lamp is an incandescent lamp with a tungsten filament contained within an inert gas and a small amount of a halogen such as iodine or bromine. The combination of the halogen gas and the tungsten filament produces a chemical reaction known as a halogen cycle which increases the lifetime of the filament and prevents darkening of the bulb by redepositing tungsten from the inside of the bulb back onto the filament. Because of their smaller size, halogen lamps can advantageously be used with optical systems that are more efficient in how they cast emitted light.

You wont be able to receive blue tooth signal as it is not enabled. However, you can connect your android phone via the USB cable and play your music and also control it thru the audio controls on the steering wheel. The USB cable would be the same that you got with your Android phone - just plug it into the USB connector on the system. An added benefit is that your phone battery would get charged simultaneously.

The in-built speakers may not live upto your expectations and an upgrade would be recommended.

An immobilizer is an electronic device fitted to an automobile which prevents the engine from running unless the correct key is present. The microcircuit inside the key is activated by a small electromagnetic field which induces current to flow inside the key body, which in turn broadcasts a unique binary code which is read by the automobile's ECU. When the ECU determines that the coded key is both current and valid, the ECU activates the fuel-injection sequence.

In some vehicles, attempts to use an unauthorized or "non-sequenced" key cause the vehicle to activate a timed no-start condition and in some highly advanced systems, even use satellite or mobile phone communication to alert a security firm that an unauthorized attempt was made to code a key.

The power door mirrors mean that the OSRVMs can be electrically adjusted from the driver's seat via a switch instead of a knob attached to each mirror in other cars.

If you scroll down to the posts below you can see the Jazz X variant in Red color (Funkyp's posts) and the Urban Titanium (UT) color in my posts that have the base version grille - looks really nice.
Mods, can you please delete my previous post, was submitted before I could complete it. Apologies for a long post. Most of the information has been sourced from Wikipedia.

Edit : Adimicra has put it very succinctly I must add.

Last edited by uday.ere : 8th September 2011 at 23:00.
uday.ere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 10:24   #1304
BHPian

from hormazd's tweet:

"from massive discounts to a slight premium now on honda jazz which is in short supply after price cut. did honda panic and misread market"

Does this mean that the prices have been raised as had been speculated earlier in the thread?
Old 9th September 2011, 11:13   #1305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
from hormazd's tweet:

"from massive discounts to a slight premium now on honda jazz which is in short supply after price cut. did honda panic and misread market"

Does this mean that the prices have been raised as had been speculated earlier in the thread?
5K for the S, 7.5K for the Select and 10K for the X, which is -

S - 5.75L,
Select - 6.03L,
X - 6.37L.

All prices ex-showroom, C.G.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks