Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 20:00   #1231
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
But there is now news on the base variant
The dilemma is - Though my folks dont mind the extra 30k, i am not really convinced for shelling it out to buy 4 alloy wheels (the stephanie remains the normal wheel in all variants) and the reclining seats. The way i see it is this 30k could very well be my fuel cost for the next 1 - 1.5 years.
The sales guy told me that the base variant production is yet to start and hence delivery will be only after diwali - can anyone throw some light?
Also, apart from aesthetics, do alloy wheels add any value?
Help!!!
You have already received some advice on the alloy wheels part, so I will not add further. Now, when we went to check out the Jazz in the Honda showroom, the Jazz Select was on display. the one major feature for us that stood out in the Jazz Select as opposed to the Jazz Base variant was the reclining seats. We found that the angle of the rear seats in the normal position were a bit too upright. This could be slightly uncomfortable during long journeys. Though the rear seats do not recline to a great distance, the recline angle really nice for regular use. In fact, if I had to buy a Jazz, I would have immediately selected the Select variant and would have used the recline seats on the recline mode by default.
Old 31st August 2011, 20:41   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGoat View Post
I booked my Jazz X Tafeta white on 28th of Aug. Dakshin Honda says 2-3 months for delivery.
Congratulations mountaingoaT!

I just hope that HSiL makes all deliveries before diwali!
Old 31st August 2011, 21:30   #1233
BHPian

Dont know how I missed this thread!! Honda has finally done the right thing!! way to go!!

While the price now is actually mouth watering considering the features on offer, But a quick thought : I think it makes more sense to buy the base version Jazz than the Select and X variants.

Here's why, The base version jazz has ABS, EBD and Airbags at less than 6 lacs. No other hatch (petrol or diesel) has it in the base version/at this price.

But if you consider the Jazz X, the price is over 7 lacs on road. That, is the price the Swift Diesel top end is now at. So, for 7 lacs you can buy a diesel car (swift) with ABS &Airbags and the Automatic Climate Control which is sorely missing in Jazz.

The Jazz base variant stands out with its features and clearly ahead of other cars like Swift, I20, punto etc. But when it comes to the mid and top variant, Jazz is at a level playing field with its competitors like swift.

Last edited by veyron_head : 31st August 2011 at 21:31. Reason: typo
Old 1st September 2011, 09:06   #1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere

Hey Siddam,
Have you heard from the One2One folks? They generally are very responsive especially with respect to dealer feedback. Suggest you follow up once again with them. (you can use their contact form as well).

They have a facebook presence (Honda Car India | Facebook) too and do generally respond to queries.

Alternately, have you considered getting your Jazz from Hubli /Kolhapur? You can get it on temp registration from there and do the permanent registration at Goa?

Cheers,
Uday
Thanks Uday! I had tried my luck with Honda one to one. They were very responsive but it didn't help matters much. As the car in question was already sold and payment recieved. In retrospect, I feel I was lucky to get the SPHJ for the same OTR as the discounted Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haithereitsme

Siddam, congrats dude on the new jazz. Waiting for pics and ownership review.
Got the car invoiced and the documents sent for hypothication. It will take at least a week for registration and before I can take my "white" beauty for a ride :-)
Here are some pics. Will share more soon:
Attached Thumbnails
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-forumrunner_20110901_091206.png  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-forumrunner_20110901_091301.png  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-forumrunner_20110901_091531.png  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st September 2011 at 10:30. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post if posting with 30mins.
siddam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 10:25   #1235
BHPian

OTR Mumbai is 6.49L for the Base version. 10-12 weeks delivery time!
Old 1st September 2011, 14:34   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhairavp View Post
OTR Mumbai is 6.49L for the Base version. 10-12 weeks delivery time!
Says who? You're being taken for a ride, I'm sure the guy that informed you got this wrong. 1.5-2 months is what I have been told.
Old 1st September 2011, 18:07   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Got this clarified from mydealer -
He's not aware of any hikes as of now, but booking price is final price.
And any discounts / freebies before delivery will be passed on!
There is a corporate discount. It's mostly 5 or 10k. There was too much crowd in the showroom for me to wait for him to confirm.
Cheers
Old 1st September 2011, 18:12   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Dont shoot the messenger!.Well thats what i saw in a news feature in a business channel.And thats exactly what the news reporter said.According to them Honda insiders are mulling such a price increase after City has "gained some ground" in recent months after the Rs 66,000 discount.Although not officially confirmed by Honda,but after they "tasted success" with the Jazz discount,they think they have "thwarted competition" and can increase prices.
No question of shooting the messenger. What are the politicians for

I too saw that news video but if Honda are seriously thinking on these lines then they are better warned. With the new sunny coming soon they need to stay competitive

Cheers
Old 1st September 2011, 18:38   #1239
BHPian

August sales: Up 25%

The August sales comprised 600 units of hatchback Jazz, 330 units of premium sedan Civic, 132 units of luxury sedan Accord and 26 units of its sports utility vehicle CR-V. The company sold 5,819 units of the Honda City in August, 2011.

So this is not a big number for JAZZ may be because it was not complete month lets see in next month what will happen.
But city has shown something extraordinary result.
lalitk25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:23   #1240
BHPian

Hi All,

I booked a UT Jazz Select at Dakshin honda yesterday, who tell me that they can deliver the car in December.

wanted to share my booking and pre-booking experience. I stay near the Magnum honda show room on Kanakapura road and had called them soon after Honda announced the price reduction. I got a quote of 7.04 Lakh for Select. I asked them for a test drive and they said they would arrange one the week after. The following week, when i wanted to TD, i was told that the price was 7.1 Lakh, because of new pricing of insurance from Honda. They wanted 1 Lakh as the booking amount. They said that there is a corporate discount, which they hinted to around 1-1.5 k, but they never confirmed

I checked the other dealers in Bangalore WhiteField and Dakshin and the quotes they gave were 7.06 and 7.04 respectively. And they offered me corporate discounts of 3k and 2k respectively.

I made another call to Magnum, without revealing my identity(trying to save a trip to another dealer)and the quote they provided was 7.2 lakh because it now included extended warranty and road side assistance.

Finally i decided to book the car at Dakshin whose offer was the least and the booking amount they asked was 50K.

All the dealers assure me that the insurance they provide is Honda Assure, but quote different prices for the same and also the corporate discount is different at each dealer.Shouldn't these be the same across dealers. If so, how can i determine the actual amount?

Please advise
Old 4th September 2011, 00:05   #1241
Team-BHP Support

Re: August sales: Up 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
The August sales comprised 600 units of hatchback Jazz, 330 units of premium sedan Civic, 132 units of luxury sedan Accord and 26 units of its sports utility vehicle CR-V. The company sold 5,819 units of the Honda City in August, 2011.

So this is not a big number for JAZZ may be because it was not complete month lets see in next month what will happen.
But city has shown something extraordinary result.
660 units of the Jazz is a big number, especially considering that the new Jazz was introduced only in the third quarter of August. I think it was the 18th, if I'm not wrong. Expect that number to double or even triple when you calculate the September sales.

5819 units of the City is just

Both the City and the Jazz are doing pretty well, despite being available only with petrol engines.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 00:16   #1242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
660 units of the Jazz is a big number, especially considering that the new Jazz was introduced only in the third quarter of August. I think it was the 18th, if I'm not wrong. Expect that number to double or even triple when you calculate the September sales.

5819 units of the City is just

Both the City and the Jazz are doing pretty well, despite being available only with petrol engines.
And those 600 units comprise mostly of stockyard Jazzes, showroom models and some new units in the last 10 days of August. Most dealers reported they had sold out all old Jazzes for at least 10 days to 2 weeks before the new Jazz facelift launch.

That is a more than decent showing, if you take that info into consideration as well.

You are right, Suhaas, the September figures should show the real figures - I am expecting at least double (1200+) for September.

OT - Such a strong showing by the City! Which makes me skeptical about the much-rumored City facelift in the works. I think Honda will now try to hold back the facelift till 2012 at least. As long as the City is selling in such mind-boggling numbers (at least 4000+ every month), they have no need of bringing in a facelift, and will continue to milk as much as they can from the current model.

Maybe all the next scheduled facelifts will come with diesel options by the second/third quarter of next year. Who knows? Let's wait and see.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 02:35   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by algos&autos View Post
Hi All,

I booked a UT Jazz Select at Dakshin honda yesterday, who tell me that they can deliver the car in December.

wanted to share my booking and pre-booking experience. I stay near the Magnum honda show room on Kanakapura road and had called them soon after Honda announced the price reduction. I got a quote of 7.04 Lakh for Select. I asked them for a test drive and they said they would arrange one the week after. The following week, when i wanted to TD, i was told that the price was 7.1 Lakh, because of new pricing of insurance from Honda. They wanted 1 Lakh as the booking amount. They said that there is a corporate discount, which they hinted to around 1-1.5 k, but they never confirmed

I checked the other dealers in Bangalore WhiteField and Dakshin and the quotes they gave were 7.06 and 7.04 respectively. And they offered me corporate discounts of 3k and 2k respectively.

I made another call to Magnum, without revealing my identity(trying to save a trip to another dealer)and the quote they provided was 7.2 lakh because it now included extended warranty and road side assistance.

Finally i decided to book the car at Dakshin whose offer was the least and the booking amount they asked was 50K.

All the dealers assure me that the insurance they provide is Honda Assure, but quote different prices for the same and also the corporate discount is different at each dealer.Shouldn't these be the same across dealers. If so, how can i determine the actual amount?

Please advise
Dude,
ideally you should take the lowest quote to all the dealers and pitch them against the other. Then negotiate.
Also, check what all add ons you require - i realised that i dont need RSA, but have opted for EW (saved me some 4 grand).
Corp discount is something that totally lacks clarity.
Old 4th September 2011, 14:54   #1244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

OT - Such a strong showing by the City! Which makes me skeptical about the much-rumored City facelift in the works. I think Honda will now try to hold back the facelift till 2012 at least. As long as the City is selling in such mind-boggling numbers (at least 4000+ every month), they have no need of bringing in a facelift, and will continue to milk as much as they can from the current model.

Maybe all the next scheduled facelifts will come with diesel options by the second/third quarter of next year. Who knows? Let's wait and see.
Maybe.

It could also mean that Honda is looking to clear stocks and prepare for the City's face-lift soon. Either way, Honda is laughing all the way to the bank. Not bad, especially since they don't have a single diesel engine in their line-up.

Look at the Linea's sales in Aug '11 and compare it to the Punto's sales. And to think that Indians prefer the sedan variants over its hatchback counterparts!
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 15:40   #1245
BHPian

Can we get the alloys for Base version to avoid the chrome grill of Select? How much would that combination cost?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks