Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2011, 16:58   #1246
BHPian

Yesterday went to Sundaram to finalise on the prices. Reached showroom by 6, only one ASM was there who was assisting a couple looking at the Jazz. The Red Select. One more family was seated and later came to know they are waiting for their new car delivery. Bunch of other people were busy watching ind/eng match. ***!!!
Unfortunately my ASM resigned and he asked me to contact another ASM, enquired about him and he has gone out somewhere and would come late. Was assured another representative would assist me.
In the mean time, enjoyed the Civics and Citys.
After 20 minutes, another guy comes to look at the Jazz, from no where an rep came and assisted him. What about us??
Got fed up and decided to cancel the booking.
Went outside to check if some more new Jazz were lined up, boy the other family who were waiting was to take the new UT Jazz delivery.
Truly, i love this UT.
Raised some voice on the agents and they very cooly replied no person to assist and asked me to come today, i shoved away and got the guys number and left.
Sundaram doesnt want business and they are very much engrossed in watching a match rather than making a sale. Jazz success has gone into their heads?
And till now no calls from anybody, will wait till tomorrow. If no calls, gonna cancel my booking and head up to Capital or Olympia.
What say bhpians?
Old 4th September 2011, 18:02   #1247
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

When folks generally provide such dubious levels of service you are better off elsewhere. When this happens to me, I generally find the top-most guy in the firm and have a quick chat. I don't get angry about it all, just clearly mention that the one thing I can really vote with is my cash. If they don't care enough, my vote goes to any other firm who is good to me.

Normally things go smoothly after that. The treating people with respect/good customer service never worked for me. This vote with cash thing gets their attention and consideration like nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Yesterday went to Sundaram to finalise on the prices. Reached showroom by 6, only one ASM was there who was assisting a couple looking at the Jazz. The Red Select. One more family was seated and later came to know they are waiting for their new car delivery. Bunch of other people were busy watching ind/eng match. ***!!!
Unfortunately my ASM resigned and he asked me to contact another ASM, enquired about him and he has gone out somewhere and would come late. Was assured another representative would assist me.
After 20 minutes, another guy comes to look at the Jazz, from no where an rep came and assisted him. What about us??
Went outside to check if some more new Jazz were lined up, boy the other family who were waiting was to take the new UT Jazz delivery.
Truly, i love this UT.
Raised some voice on the agents and they very cooly replied no person to assist and asked me to come today, i shoved away and got the guys number and left.
Sundaram doesnt want business and they are very much engrossed in watching a match rather than making a sale. Jazz success has gone into their heads?
And till now no calls from anybody, will wait till tomorrow. If no calls, gonna cancel my booking and head up to Capital or Olympia.
What say bhpians?
Old 4th September 2011, 19:20   #1248
BHPian

after seeing the marvelous pics of the UT shade, i had cancelled my booking of the white select and switched to the UT shade. Went today to check out the UT in real and was kinda disappointed.

Inspite of raving reviews of the colour, i didnt quiet like it. Have decided to finally go for the white X now. Since no X's were delivered in the first lot, i am not sure long much longer i have to wait now. Will speak to the ASM tomorrow to get a time frame.

Mumbai Junta, Solitaire Honda, where i checked out the UT shade, had it registered in Red, so most likely its a TD vehicle. Anyone interested for a TD can call them and head there.
Old 4th September 2011, 21:26   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick
When folks generally provide such dubious levels of service you are better off elsewhere. When this happens to me, I generally find the top-most guy in the firm and have a quick chat. I don't get angry about it all, just clearly mention that the one thing I can really vote with is my cash. If they don't care enough, my vote goes to any other firm who is good to me.

Normally things go smoothly after that. The treating people with respect/good customer service never worked for me. This vote with cash thing gets their attention and consideration like nothing else.
Hey buddy, i am not gonna leave this episode behind due to my anger and lose my booking line. I am gonna raise this issue and pin point them this is not the way a reputed firm should behave to the customers. Whether they are going to realise or i am going to realise, really depends on their first reaction.
Old 5th September 2011, 01:04   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
Hey buddy, i am not gonna leave this episode behind due to my anger and lose my booking line. I am gonna raise this issue and pin point them this is not the way a reputed firm should behave to the customers. Whether they are going to realise or i am going to realise, really depends on their first reaction.
I had a similar experience at Sundaram Honda when I went there to look at the old Jazz, just before the clearance sale. I could only take a short TD in peak traffic. The sales exec said he'd call back later and schedule a longer TD. He never did, and they didn't call to inform about the stock clearance or the new launch either.

My experience with Capital Honda on GST Road was better when I went to check out the new Jazz. However, they haven't bothered to inform me regarding TD availability (they just had a display car then and promised to call me later).

In contrast, VW Mount Road has been calling me about offers / TDs of other variants ever since I visited them last month.
Old 5th September 2011, 08:44   #1251
BHPian

Honda seems to to comply with market needs faster and compromising its international safety standards, as indicated here
Honda plans to make safety an option for Brio - The Economic Times
Old 5th September 2011, 08:57   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Truly, i love this UT.
What say bhpians?

I have been told their attitude has been the same since they were selling Premier Padminis. My dad owns a spark and its like dealing with monkeys.

However I found the attitude of Executives at Honda good, were courteous and dont get into verbal diahorea when it comes to tech spec.

I ve been in touch with Mr Muni, with Sundaram Honda. Will share his no on my next post.
Old 5th September 2011, 10:34   #1253
BHPian

@spindoc and haithereitsme
What say guys? Should I continue with Sundaram or head to the other two(Capital or Olympia)
Old 5th September 2011, 11:01   #1254
BHPian

Guys, Honda dealers are same everywhere...read my previous note on Prime Honda in East Delhi.

I went there yesterday, again, at 630 PM. At least 10 customers on the floor, one family walking out mumbling that these guys have an attitude to 'shoo away' the customers; had a small chat with them and narrated my experience last week.

Whoa! the Display Jazz is gone!!! and there is no Jazz on display and as before no one on the floor, no one at the reception...

This showroom has a Hyundai showroom literally next door and you should see the buzz there, deliveries on a Sunday evening...sales/service people and customers...

I'm worried about Brio, with this attitude, don't know what will dealers do to it...
Old 5th September 2011, 11:18   #1255
BHPian

Just came across this post on NYtimes. Honda is recalling about a million Fit across the world. Not sure if City and Jazz are part of this recall as well. Isn't Fit the US model name for Jazz?

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...recall.html?hp
Old 5th September 2011, 11:49   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaLN View Post
Just came across this post on NYtimes. Honda is recalling about a million Fit across the world. Not sure if City and Jazz are part of this recall as well. Isn't Fit the US model name for Jazz?

The Jazz is indeed sold as the 'Fit' in the US and some other markets. Not sure whether the Indian Jazz is affected. Even then the report refers to Jazz/Fit produced until October 2009 and it is likely that very few Indian made Jazz will be affected.

The problem area doesn't sound too serious either (Power window switches).
Old 5th September 2011, 12:19   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What say bhpians?
Quote:
I am gonna raise this issue and pin point them this is not the way a reputed firm should behave to the customers.
Quote:
@spindoc and haithereitsme
What say guys? Should I continue with Sundaram or head to the other two(Capital or Olympia)
Man, its your money & you deserve respect from the company / dealer to book their car. If you think / know that the other dealers can offer better CE, please go ahead.

Also dont bury this episode just like that. Shoot a mail to the company & tell them how you have been treated. I don't think Honda takes it easy for such things. Unless these guys are given a small dose, they wiill continue to do such non-sense.
Old 5th September 2011, 14:31   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
The Jazz is indeed sold as the 'Fit' in the US and some other markets. Not sure whether the Indian Jazz is affected. Even then the report refers to Jazz/Fit produced until October 2009 and it is likely that very few Indian made Jazz will be affected.

The problem area doesn't sound too serious either (Power window switches).
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaLN View Post

Honda Siel did recall some of the 2nd Gen Honda City cars for replacing the power window switches, but also issued a statement that the Jazz was unaffected by the recall in India. The power window switches were replaced as a preventive measure, not that there was anything faulty with them.
Old 5th September 2011, 14:45   #1259
BANNED

Heard that following the price cut there is a three month waiting list for the Jazz. No wonder Honda dealers are unable to cope with the rush!
Old 5th September 2011, 14:53   #1260
BHPian

Has anyone got a delivery of the new Jazz here? please update

A friend of mine who booked may be 2-3 days prior to my booking date (i booked on 21st Aug) has taken delivery on Friday last week from Magnum.th

I have information through a source from their Chennai Zonal centre, my vehicle is billed from the company to the dealer. Should expect the vehicle to be in Bangalore by 15th or 16th sep.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks