Team-BHP - Spotted the Audi Q3 !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spotted the Audi Q3 !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/105544-spotted-audi-q3-3.html)

The (road) presence is strong in this one. A hell of a buy, it shall be.

I am totally floored by the looks of the Q3. The ugly X1 is outta here.

However, they need to price this similar to the X1 (as mentioned by other members a gazillion times already).

A few queries come to mind:Hope to see it in the flesh sometime soon.

If they manage to get the 4X4 Quatro version under 30 L, X1 has no chance. And a 4X2 for just about 25L. IMO it should be possible.

Urban_nomad,

For the interior you can look at any international Q3 website for photos as the interior will be the same barring a few options which will not make it into the indian market.

Audi as of now does not offer service packages like BMW but you cannot rule it out over a period of time.

CE like edition perhaps may come later depending on Audi's strategy for India, but I do assume at some point it will come in.

Also I do not think they will sell any quattro variant for below 30L OTR.

Regards,

This is one SUV that I liked! Superb looks, definitely better than the BMW X1. I am going to start saving money from tomorrow!! :thumbs up

The U.K website shows all the engine options as 2 TFSI and 2 TDI. Any chance of them getting anything other than the 2L engine, for example the 3.2L ?

I only hope they don't bring in a corporate edition with all the goodies missing.

This would do wonders for Audi India. :thumbs up Stunning looks+Oil burner+Competitive Pricing-What else is required?

Slightly OT,
Well, I was invited to the Delhi launch/Audi Driving Experience, for the New Audi A6 last monday. It was followed by a cocktail party and dinner later in the evening, I happened to speak to one of the brand managers at Audi Mumbai West at the party for quite a while. He did mention, the next upcoming launch for Audi India is the Q3. He was trying to divulge from the topic because I guess they have been instructed to keep shut about the Q3. He also mentioned that the next Audi Driving Experience event (India is going to have these now :D) is expected to be at the Noida F1 track and the bosses at Audi India are very keen to have that as the next venue.

Now according to what I think. Him mentioning the next launch for the Audi India to be the Q3, plus so many test mules out there, I guess this should hit the markets in less than 5-6 months IMO.

Do not expect a CE from Audi. The brand manager I spoke to stated very clearly that Audi India does not believe in CE/Stripped out versions of an on-going model. IMO, This however may change with time, but for now, I don't see a CE on the charts.

About the Q3, man this looks meaty and like a proper SUV rather than a hatchback version of an SUV (read: X1). Price it right, say even 32L OTR for the 2.0TDI quattro (177bhp from the VW stable is fine too! Or just let the turbo work out a few more horses) and watch the order books fill up.

That is a magnificent catch indeed.
I would prefer this to the X1 anyday.
I hope Audi prices this right, i had read a comment from Audi India top brass mentioning the Q3 and A3 as the "Silver bullets in Audi's armory"
So taking that quote into perspective i do hope Audi prices it well.
Also what's seriously special about your scoop pics is that the vehicles beside are the Safari and Innova. So it's easy to compare and get a feel of the size. Bravo ~ Fantastic!

The interiors do look good btw.
and the top end will have the MMI screen pop up from the dash like the bigger Audi's ~ Totally rad indeed.
I had read that the navigation supports google maps too, though do not know if that will make it to India.

One concern point which was posted by Urban_Nomad ~ Do they provide maintenance packages like BMW.
I would like to know the answer of that one too. Because the BMW packages are what make them easy to own too.

Those who've recently bought the X1 must be kicking themselves very hard.

The Q3 is what I'd like to call Audi's game-changer. It is the car that will take it away for them. And once they launch the A3 sedan in the Passat/Superb/Accord territory, BMW and Mercedes will have to spend plenty of sleepless nights, not to mention Honda, with their ridiculously priced and under-equipped Accord and CR-V.

I like it when luxury car makers go to war. :D

any idea when this may come out?

im booking the X1 soon and I wouldnt mind waiting till this came out to have a look and compare

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman79 (Post 2469205)
any idea when this may come out?

im booking the X1 soon and I wouldn't mind waiting till this came out to have a look and compare

The Q3 is expected to be launched sometime in 2012, not sure of the exact date. If you can wait i would surely recommend doing so. You could check both out back to back and then decide. But i have a big feeling this is going to be better than the X1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n:CorE (Post 2466528)
Slightly OT,
Well, I was invited to the Delhi launch/Audi Driving Experience, for the New Audi A6 last monday. It was followed by a cocktail party and dinner later in the evening, I happened to speak to one of the brand managers at Audi Mumbai West at the party for quite a while. He did mention, the next upcoming launch for Audi India is the Q3. He was trying to divulge from the topic because I guess they have been instructed to keep shut about the Q3. He also mentioned that the next Audi Driving Experience event (India is going to have these now :D) is expected to be at the Noida F1 track and the bosses at Audi India are very keen to have that as the next venue.

Now according to what I think. Him mentioning the next launch for the Audi India to be the Q3, plus so many test mules out there, I guess this should hit the markets in less than 5-6 months IMO.

Do not expect a CE from Audi. The brand manager I spoke to stated very clearly that Audi India does not believe in CE/Stripped out versions of an on-going model. IMO, This however may change with time, but for now, I don't see a CE on the charts.

About the Q3, man this looks meaty and like a proper SUV rather than a hatchback version of an SUV (read: X1). Price it right, say even 32L OTR for the 2.0TDI quattro (177bhp from the VW stable is fine too! Or just let the turbo work out a few more horses) and watch the order books fill up.

Hey what was his name, and Audi is launching a CE A4.

Just spotted the Q3 Near the jogeshwari flyover. Looks awesome. Much bigger and a proper SUV unlike the X1.

Video by motorbeam.

2012 Audi Q3 Spied In Mumbai - YouTube

I have the whole brochure for the Q3, thought I would post it. I don't know how to though. I will put up a link to the site where it is located, can a moderator please embed the brochure in this thread. Much appreciated.

Regards

The link is

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...cGuides/q3.pdf

Another photo of a Q3 being tested.

From the Indian Autos Blog - Audi Q3 spotted testing in Mumbai without camouflage