Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 18:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spotted the Audi Q3 !!!

The (road) presence is strong in this one. A hell of a buy, it shall be.

I am totally floored by the looks of the Q3. The ugly X1 is outta here.

However, they need to price this similar to the X1 (as mentioned by other members a gazillion times already).

A few queries come to mind:
  • Anybody got a chance to take a peek at the interior? Given that its an Audi, I am sure it will exude class.
  • Does Audi offer maintainence packages like the Bimmer?
  • A "CE" type version expected?
Hope to see it in the flesh sometime soon.
Old 12th August 2011, 18:53   #32
BHPian

If they manage to get the 4X4 Quatro version under 30 L, X1 has no chance. And a 4X2 for just about 25L. IMO it should be possible.
Old 12th August 2011, 19:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Urban_nomad,

For the interior you can look at any international Q3 website for photos as the interior will be the same barring a few options which will not make it into the indian market.

Audi as of now does not offer service packages like BMW but you cannot rule it out over a period of time.

CE like edition perhaps may come later depending on Audi's strategy for India, but I do assume at some point it will come in.

Also I do not think they will sell any quattro variant for below 30L OTR.

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 20:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

This is one SUV that I liked! Superb looks, definitely better than the BMW X1. I am going to start saving money from tomorrow!!

The U.K website shows all the engine options as 2 TFSI and 2 TDI. Any chance of them getting anything other than the 2L engine, for example the 3.2L ?

I only hope they don't bring in a corporate edition with all the goodies missing.
Old 12th August 2011, 21:46   #35
BHPian

This would do wonders for Audi India. Stunning looks+Oil burner+Competitive Pricing-What else is required?
Old 12th August 2011, 21:55   #36
BHPian

Slightly OT,
Well, I was invited to the Delhi launch/Audi Driving Experience, for the New Audi A6 last monday. It was followed by a cocktail party and dinner later in the evening, I happened to speak to one of the brand managers at Audi Mumbai West at the party for quite a while. He did mention, the next upcoming launch for Audi India is the Q3. He was trying to divulge from the topic because I guess they have been instructed to keep shut about the Q3. He also mentioned that the next Audi Driving Experience event (India is going to have these now ) is expected to be at the Noida F1 track and the bosses at Audi India are very keen to have that as the next venue.

Now according to what I think. Him mentioning the next launch for the Audi India to be the Q3, plus so many test mules out there, I guess this should hit the markets in less than 5-6 months IMO.

Do not expect a CE from Audi. The brand manager I spoke to stated very clearly that Audi India does not believe in CE/Stripped out versions of an on-going model. IMO, This however may change with time, but for now, I don't see a CE on the charts.

About the Q3, man this looks meaty and like a proper SUV rather than a hatchback version of an SUV (read: X1). Price it right, say even 32L OTR for the 2.0TDI quattro (177bhp from the VW stable is fine too! Or just let the turbo work out a few more horses) and watch the order books fill up.
Old 14th August 2011, 10:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

That is a magnificent catch indeed.
I would prefer this to the X1 anyday.
I hope Audi prices this right, i had read a comment from Audi India top brass mentioning the Q3 and A3 as the "Silver bullets in Audi's armory"
So taking that quote into perspective i do hope Audi prices it well.
Also what's seriously special about your scoop pics is that the vehicles beside are the Safari and Innova. So it's easy to compare and get a feel of the size. Bravo ~ Fantastic!

The interiors do look good btw.
and the top end will have the MMI screen pop up from the dash like the bigger Audi's ~ Totally rad indeed.
I had read that the navigation supports google maps too, though do not know if that will make it to India.

One concern point which was posted by Urban_Nomad ~ Do they provide maintenance packages like BMW.
I would like to know the answer of that one too. Because the BMW packages are what make them easy to own too.

Last edited by mdsaab : 14th August 2011 at 10:11.
Old 14th August 2011, 19:41   #38
Team-BHP Support

Those who've recently bought the X1 must be kicking themselves very hard.

The Q3 is what I'd like to call Audi's game-changer. It is the car that will take it away for them. And once they launch the A3 sedan in the Passat/Superb/Accord territory, BMW and Mercedes will have to spend plenty of sleepless nights, not to mention Honda, with their ridiculously priced and under-equipped Accord and CR-V.

I like it when luxury car makers go to war.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 14:05   #39
BHPian

any idea when this may come out?

im booking the X1 soon and I wouldnt mind waiting till this came out to have a look and compare
Old 16th August 2011, 14:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
any idea when this may come out?

im booking the X1 soon and I wouldn't mind waiting till this came out to have a look and compare
The Q3 is expected to be launched sometime in 2012, not sure of the exact date. If you can wait i would surely recommend doing so. You could check both out back to back and then decide. But i have a big feeling this is going to be better than the X1.
Old 17th August 2011, 00:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
Slightly OT,
Well, I was invited to the Delhi launch/Audi Driving Experience, for the New Audi A6 last monday. It was followed by a cocktail party and dinner later in the evening, I happened to speak to one of the brand managers at Audi Mumbai West at the party for quite a while. He did mention, the next upcoming launch for Audi India is the Q3. He was trying to divulge from the topic because I guess they have been instructed to keep shut about the Q3. He also mentioned that the next Audi Driving Experience event (India is going to have these now ) is expected to be at the Noida F1 track and the bosses at Audi India are very keen to have that as the next venue.

Now according to what I think. Him mentioning the next launch for the Audi India to be the Q3, plus so many test mules out there, I guess this should hit the markets in less than 5-6 months IMO.

Do not expect a CE from Audi. The brand manager I spoke to stated very clearly that Audi India does not believe in CE/Stripped out versions of an on-going model. IMO, This however may change with time, but for now, I don't see a CE on the charts.

About the Q3, man this looks meaty and like a proper SUV rather than a hatchback version of an SUV (read: X1). Price it right, say even 32L OTR for the 2.0TDI quattro (177bhp from the VW stable is fine too! Or just let the turbo work out a few more horses) and watch the order books fill up.
Hey what was his name, and Audi is launching a CE A4.
Old 17th August 2011, 13:14   #42
BHPian

Just spotted the Q3 Near the jogeshwari flyover. Looks awesome. Much bigger and a proper SUV unlike the X1.
Attached Images

em17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:30   #43
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Video by motorbeam.

PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:09   #44
BHPian

I have the whole brochure for the Q3, thought I would post it. I don't know how to though. I will put up a link to the site where it is located, can a moderator please embed the brochure in this thread. Much appreciated.

Regards

The link is

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...cGuides/q3.pdf
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Another photo of a Q3 being tested.

From the Indian Autos Blog - Audi Q3 spotted testing in Mumbai without camouflage
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted the Audi Q3 !!!-audiq3sideprofile.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks