Team-BHP - Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113692-maruti-xa-alpha-compact-suv-auto-expo-2012-a-12.html)

Though sooner the better, Maruti could well think of the current market scenario before they release a new launch like XA alpha ignoring the initial gaga.

Coming to the Copy-cat part, I don't think it could be a copy and it just so happens to be similar in design from some angles due to the similar dimensions and the trend?

O.T: Even Hyundai's mini SUV and Kia soul has that kind of blacked out A-Pillar and roof as in below pics. Even Nissan Juke was similar to Swift in its top half and we can go on.

Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012-rsz_1rsz_rooflineofthehyundaiminisuvspiedinsouthkorea.jpg

Though a small car relatively.
Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012-640px2012_kia_soul_21__02162012.jpg

Motorbeam keeps reporting something now-a-days without much source info honestly.

Was watching this Autocar India's video and he says 2 SUV's from Maruti will be launched but not immediate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyRTPWHZ8jw

A gypsy with an 1.3L diesel engine and may be a slightly chopped rear would be very good :)
Chevy Enjoy also has a 1.3 with rear wheel drive layout and so that's definitely possible I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganesc (Post 3297690)
...Was watching this Autocar India's video and he says 2 SUV's from Maruti will be launched but not immediate...

Believe these are the XAlpha & the SX4 Cross over.

Designing a car with toy-car looks is a very risky business. Nissan, with the micra, managed it well, right from the first model. That kia, on the other hand, is just horrible.

A gym member was mentioning that his maruti dealer is offering pre-booking, in January 2014, for the XA-Alpha. Looks like Maruti is also getting infected by the Ford virus and creating a hype which cannot be fulfilled.

Good point is that Dusters are now available off the shelf. Unfortunately none of the variant comes with AT gearboxplease:.

^^ Now that is news. From the post above what I made out is pre-booking is starting in Jan 14. If that is true XA - Alpha should be on display at Auto Expo.
However it is bit surprising that there were no test mules spotted ( other Maruti launches like YL 1 & 7 were spotted multiple times). Also there was news about Maruti management mentioning about their SUV plans delayed till 2015.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 3298361)
^^ Now that is news. From the post above what I made out is pre-booking is starting in Jan 14. If that is true XA - Alpha should be on display at Auto Expo.
However it is bit surprising that there were no test mules spotted ( other Maruti launches like YL 1 & 7 were spotted multiple times). Also there was news about Maruti management mentioning about their SUV plans delayed till 2015.

Met some senior Maruti guys recently; they said there is no XA Alpha in 2014. Only significant launch is the YL1, and they were pretty disappointed that XA Alpha is going to take a while.

They could have been trying to pull a fast one on me though I doubt it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawdgawd (Post 3299055)
they were pretty disappointed that XA Alpha is going to take a while.

As per recent posts on this thread and also other websites XA Alpha will be delayed till 2015. In the autocar podcast shared few posts above also talks on similar line.
What surprised me was the pre-booking option mentioned by the sales guy to the member.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar-v (Post 3298246)
A gym member was mentioning that his maruti dealer is offering pre-booking, in January 2014, for the XA-Alpha...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 3299156)
...What surprised me was the pre-booking option mentioned by the sales guy to the member.

I don't understand "blaming Maruti" when some potential customers are ready to fall prey for stupid claims!!

That dealer is trying to make use of the "herd mentality" of Indian customers to pre-book vehicles they have NOT seen or know about. And I hope anyone who do such pre-booking should shell out atleast 1L and finally get a 10% cancellation fee and then run around for 3 months to get their money back! Then ONLY sense will prevail! :Frustrati Let the dealers make merry while we sit and "analyse" what went wrong and how Maruti should have had a process in place to stop such malpratices and what not!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawdgawd (Post 3299055)
Only significant launch is the YL1, and they were pretty disappointed that XA Alpha is going to take a while.

They could have been trying to pull a fast one on me though I doubt it.

SX4 - S cross could debut in late 2014.

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3299181)
I don't understand "blaming Maruti" when some potential customers are ready to fall prey for stupid claims!!

No, I am no way blaming Maruti for the same. They are not in the picture itself. I guess as you said if any one is to be blamed it is the customer. But then it is their money and up to them.

What I was surprised about was how Jan 14 can be mentioned as pre-booking time when all reports including that from Maruti claims the vehicle will be out atleast a year or so later.

It is indeed very surprising that while not-in-the-top-league ( in Indian context ) Ford and Renault are laughing all the way to bank with their mini-SUVs, the so-called market leaders like Maruti and Hyundai are still dragging their feet on entering this new hot-segment.

XA- Alpha (No Maruti SUV) would not come until 2015, tweets Hormazd again!

Cheers!

The production version of the XA-Alpha is likely to be powered by a 1.5-litre, developed in-house by Suzuki.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Heard from a reliable source that Alpha will be launched in first half of 2014.
It seems Maruti has counting on this one a lot and will start training its Dealer's service staff starting next month.

From what i heard, Maruti is planning four new launches this year - Alpha, A-Star replacement, SX4 replacement and another 800cc car could Cervo.

All these are expected to be showcased in Auto expo. Alpha and SX4 replacement are confirmed to launch soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbie98 (Post 3342088)
Heard from a reliable source that Alpha will be launched in first half of 2014.
It seems Maruti has counting on this one a lot and will start training its Dealer's service staff starting next month.

From what i heard, Maruti is planning four new launches this year - Alpha, A-Star replacement, SX4 replacement and another 800cc car could Cervo.

All these are expected to be showcased in Auto expo. Alpha and SX4 replacement are confirmed to launch soon.

New Sx4 will be surely launched by Q2 2014. At this point of time, i can tell this car will equipped with In-Dash navigation.