Team-BHP - Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113692-maruti-xa-alpha-compact-suv-auto-expo-2012-a-2.html)

Looks like all manufacturers are copying each other. This one looks like a mix of hte Ecosport and the Evoque. Lets see how the final version turns out. I remember us going ga-ga over the A Star concept, only to be disappointed with the final production version.

downright ugly. Clearly a hack job and nowhere near a production version (unlike the aria at its launch - to tata's credibility). Maruti - seriously what were u thinking? only the RHS 3/4 view looks palatable :D

Quite mean looking. But what we will probably get will be a nice watered down, more conventional looking thing. Also, while they showed their Jimny in some Auto Show years ago, nothing ever happened since, to bring it to market!
Lets wait and hope!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kartikk (Post 2633397)
The rear door looks like it opens just like the London taxi. Shades of Evoque styling in the 3 quarter and side views. Does not looks at all close to production version and whats with the ORVM's?

*Sorry couldn't resist but are they using the spike buster to power the lamps lol:

Evoque is being copied by many. IMHO, all want a cheaper Evoque; poor man's Evoque!

That thing looks ugly from all possible angle.

They tried to copy evoque using some Swift character. Is that grill design from jimny?
Wonder why they benchmarked Sumo grande for designing C pillar. I can see some Yeti also in this concept.

I am sure actual production version will be no where close to this concept. Best example was A-Star.

I am more interested in the vehicle under that wrap. Looking at the spy pictures Maruti got this one right.

@jk - poor man's evoque LOL, They were successful in making poor man's Mini;)

Very concept-ish, very less production-ish

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2633345)

- Length - 4 meters, Width = 1900 mm & Height = 1600 mm

- Wheelbase of 2500 mm

- Seating capacity of 5

- Production version will be offered in 4x2 and part-time AWD versions

Dimensions seem to be good. Any idea about the ground clearance?

Hope the design will be toned down when it comes to production. This looks like a monster

What is part-time AWD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 2633369)
But looks to me like this will go the A-Star way, i.e. what you see in these pics will be very different from the set of wheels which actually hits the roads as a production version. And those windows look really high set and claustrophobic from the outside.

Exactly my thought. To me even the tails lamps/ fog lamps look similar to those on the A Star concept. And I don't think they can retain all these design cues and accessories and price it competitively. So, even if we see something in production it will be a largely watered down version, IMO. Then it becomes even less exciting like the present gen A Star. And I somehow do not like the rear and the C pillar in particular of this XA Alpha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2633415)
Quite mean looking. But what we will probably get will be a nice watered down, more conventional looking thing. Also, while they showed their Jimny in some Auto Show years ago, nothing ever happened since, to bring it to market!
Lets wait and hope!

Sir,I think that the XA Alpha's production variant will be different from this.
These snazzy looking concepts are good for sci-fi movies but not good for 'Incredible' India.
Notice the difference between the Kizashi concept and the Maruti Suzuki Kizashi.

Looks so far away from production. I bet at least a couple of years away.

Also, when it come out I again bet it will look nothing like this ugly concept.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2633410)
Looks like all manufacturers are copying each other. This one looks like a mix of hte Ecosport and the Evoque. Lets see how the final version turns out. I remember us going ga-ga over the A Star concept, only to be disappointed with the final production version.

Absolutely spot on, I'd say a shameful rip-off of the Evoque's silhouette, Audi's headlamps and a slight change of the Jeep Cherokee's grill. Seems something that DC designs could have come up with.

Liked Looks overall.

5 Seater

Rear will be claustrophobic for sure even more than in the Swift)

This is still a concept view and lots of elements can be expected to change - expecially the lighting, rims cladding bits.

Power to the consumer - losts of options coming in this segment.

Why a CRV at 2.5 times the price?

Those who just want an SUV look and feel and not necessarily the 7 seats can skip even the XUV/ Scorpio/Safari for this.

This is kinda like a LifeStyle statement.

It has bits of the LR Evoque in the exterior styling.

Sleek design. Looks good except for that grill. It looks cheap. Love the rear light design, just awesome. Looking forward to this on production without much variations from this design.

It looks too small to be called even a Mini SUV. The lady models standing near are much taller than this. Probably good for next Generation Swift:

XA: Length - 4000 mm, Width = 1900 mm & Height = 1600 mm

Swift: Length - 3850mm, Width = 1695 mm & Height = 1530 mm

But a welcome move by Suzuki. If they give this at a reasonable price with a true 4x4 with low gear then it will make many a men very happy..

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2633345)
High Points:

- Maruti XA Alpha SUV Concept unveiled earlier this morning
=====================
A sneak peek at the Ertiga (to be unveiled tomorrow):
Attachment 864302

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango Dude (Post 2633356)
This brick colored brick is a concept, may take a long time to make it here. Any idea when its headed for production?

Nice pictures indeed. A generous wheelbase for a compact car.May I know front and rear track , suspension and tyre size as well as final drive ratio.
Regards,
Dr. Koushik