Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2006, 14:41   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroholic1
Hey guys where are the skoda pics???
Yaar so many photos are there in this 8+ page thread check in detail..
Old 15th January 2006, 15:45   #122
Senior - BHPian

Are anyone of u having probs with opening certain pix? I'm not able to get the Lancer, modded Indica and the Mustang pix.
Old 15th January 2006, 17:54   #123
BHPian

hi all.

went to the auto expo y'day. the layout of the expo was quite lousy so went straight to autosychs stand. totally blown away guys. very very neat execution but could have been way cooler paint jobs and decals. some thing in black and frosty grey or blue. but still those 3 cars stood out from anything near or around them.

1 suggestion arush. how about arranging for a dynamo next time and let us aspirants get a feel of all that excess (eventhough bhp 1 thing that is never enough) bhp. maybe you'll have lots and lots of converts once you allow us to experience the rush of those mods and tweaks.

cheers to autopsyche for showing whats possible in other cities around the world is also possible in saadi dilli.

regards to all

anuj
Old 15th January 2006, 17:59   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
That Indigo Limo's specs sheet shows 100PS Petrol engine, but not the engine capacity. Any ideas?
1.4L. Its has the same old block with a new head.
Old 15th January 2006, 18:24   #125
BHPian

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/trived...lbum?.dir=ebd2

check the link few pictures are there
you can also check out xbhp.com there are lots of pics
no offence meant in forwarding the link
sorry if i am wrong in posting someone elses pictures

Last edited by trinadha : 15th January 2006 at 18:36.
Old 15th January 2006, 19:40   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
1.4L. Its has the same old block with a new head.
Is Tata surprising us with their Petrol engine now? Indica with reduced Bhp and increased torque (allegedly increased kmpl as well) and an Indigo with 100 bhp...all from the same block.

How about that 3.5 litre 330 bhp V6 (Silhoutte) inside my Dicor?
Old 15th January 2006, 20:08   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indi Italian Bhai Bhai:
Did they have the new Palio on display? I am sure they can launch the new Palio this year in India now that they have TATA's backing.
Old 15th January 2006, 20:23   #128
Senior - BHPian

TATA, PUH-lease launch that RWD indica- i would be the first in line to book the beauty....

regarding the fabia, did anybody gather info from the expo as to when would it be launched, and what would be the engine options? was there a fabia vRS on display too..?

as for the tata-fiat merger, i'm still confused with some of the aspects; some say that tata "launched" alfa romeo "with" fiat; does that mean we can expect alfa romeos in tata showrooms this year..??
Old 15th January 2006, 20:39   #129
Senior - BHPian

err...one more thing; the indica sihouette specs quote a 5-speed sequential shift via paddles...

5-SPEED..?? the car has a top whack of 270, 330 bhp, a sequential paddle shift...but...5-SPEED..? is it just me, or does that seem slightly corny..? couldn't TATA have gone all-out and plonked in a 6-speed...? well, we are talking concept here, aren't we....or is TATA actually planning to bring this indica in for real...??
Old 16th January 2006, 00:19   #130
BHPian

Indian Media Sucks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490
Guys i was watching NDTV last night and they were doing a review on the Auto Expo.. when they came to the ROssi Yam they said the price was an astonishing 9 CRORES!! Is this true?? i found it hard to digest..
Dude ..... no clue about what NDTV had said but i was switching channels and happened to stop at Aaj Tak .... it was a 30 min thing where they covered the best of the day or so. This lady correspondent, who was covering the Rossi 'Motor-GP' bike was telling here viewers that when this bike will be launched in India it will cost Rs.9Cr .... and said it was Dhoom that has lead to this sports bike craze. Then she went on to meet the Marketing Executive from Yamaha Motors India, Mr.Cheema (if i rem the name right) and went on to ask him the reason the bike was that expensive. Mr.Marketing went on to say that there was new technology in the bike that he could not reveal, (like it involves some rocket science) that leads to that cost.

I had had enough and i shut the tv set!

Why dont these correspondents do their homework before covering any story??

Rs 9Cr for 1 bike sounds too much but i guess it might be the cost of development of bikes for one particular season per rider and not just one bike.

Again today, i guess it was Channel 7 News, which called the Vertical Lift door mechanism as 'Tedhe Khulne waale Darwaaze' :WTF:

Also, i heard the correspondents saying that teh Tata Silhouette was actually a one off made by some guy in the South of India in collaboration with engine and chassis makers from the UK. All that was Indian on the car was the Tata badge, even the body was made out of a different Material from which none of the Tata Indica bodies were made. It was then tuned in India by some famous tuner from the South again whose name i dont recollect, another highlight of that story was that they said the cars weighs under 700 Kilos. (how much soes the current V2 weigh), and yeah again the correspondent went o to ask whe it will be launched in India and how much it would cost.

Why dont these news channels get some educated people to be their correspondents and also pay them well!!!

Last edited by SPEED_DEMON82 : 16th January 2006 at 00:26.
Old 16th January 2006, 01:02   #131
Senior - BHPian

@speed demon82: there must be something wrong with that indica specs; no way can the weight be brought down to 700, especially after plonking in the V6; besides, the current indica weighs around 980 kgs...

also, if it was a one-off without any company aid, i wonder how the hell they managed to do such a conversion..? and if they did, what's the point in showcasing it in the expo if it wasn't a TATA effort..??

p.s-does the southie tuner's name, by any chance, happen to be leelakrishnan..?
Old 16th January 2006, 06:05   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
@speed demon82: there must be something wrong with that indica specs; no way can the weight be brought down to 700, especially after plonking in the V6; besides, the current indica weighs around 980 kgs...

also, if it was a one-off without any company aid, i wonder how the hell they managed to do such a conversion..? and if they did, what's the point in showcasing it in the expo if it wasn't a TATA effort..??

I think he did mention that

"All that was Indian on the car was the Tata badge, even the body was made out of a different Material from which none of the Tata Indica bodies were made."

If it was a one-off by Leela or J Anand then there's a chance that they have more V6s that can be plonked into OTHER (and bigger) Tata vehicles.....
Old 16th January 2006, 11:10   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1

We all know how wonderfully knowledgeable and well informed the media correspondents are here (not talking aboout the automotive ones, although some can be included ) right??

I doubted that myself, about the weight being just 700kilos, but then the specs as read by the correspondent said ... a new chassis and suspension from the UK, mid mounted engine (....'iska enigine, aage ke seat kepeeche hai, gaadi ke andar.' ...... LOL) from UK (some firm named Megane), aluminium space frame and other aircraft quality materials, and yeah racing 'slips' (she meant slicks).

Well as far as the project (funding) goes and why the TATA name and Badge, i dont wanna guess or speculate as i havent heard of or have any info on that.

As far as the name goes, I dont remember the name she mentioned (was totally zapped by the other info passed by them) i dont even know names of the many tuners we have in India. Forgive my ignorance. Yeah but the person who had got the car together was there for the interview and did answer to the common question asked by the people there - "When will TATA launch this car, how much will it cost?", saying that it wasnt for sale (1) and that there were no plans of launching that car (2). I also remember him saying it was developed and could be used in some xyz racing class.

Anyways guys whatever i have commented is out of sheer frustration after listening to what these media guys have been saying over the past few years. Are they there to educate the layman on the developments and new cars or misguide them in their never ending quest for 'Breaking News'
Old 16th January 2006, 11:36   #134
Team-BHP Support

Fabia and misc report

Guys, I managed to sit in the Skoda Fabia and and changed gears etc.,
The gear shift is like silk. Ultra smooth
the front passenger leg room is more than the octi.
Rear legroom is decent due to the recesses in the seats where legs can fit.
The engine is 69bhp which does 0-100 in 11 seconds(according to skoda).
I do not think Skoda is lying about the 0-100 times. You just need a 30 degree downhill gradiant with a 100kmph tailwind and it will do 0-100 in 11 seconds.
The pics are at my gallery (http://tanveer.in/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=43)

I missed Hyundai, GM Toyota Merc and BMW, did they even come to the show, I doubt.

Mahindra did not display the facelifted scorpio, spy pics of which are in this months Overdrive

Tata stall was the most popular of the lot. The star of the show were the Globus bus, Alfa Romeo concept and the V6 indica. Indigo LWB also garnered interest but senion Tata guys were tight lipped about DICOR in the indis. However they say that by end of this year DICOR indy's will be on road and also the 100bhp engine. Also Tata guys were very very friendly. Whereas many other makers did not even open the doors when crowds became too much, Tata officials were too happy to oblige requests.
On my request the dude started the V6 indica ahead of schedule and even revved it hard. the Exaust not was awesome. But on high revvs the information display(I got the pics in my gallery) started giving weird erros and red lights! Looks like that car is a very very prelimanary concept.
Narain Karthikayen was the star of the day, and he is one pleasant chap. Inspite of so many people pestering for autographs, he did not lose his cool and obliged everyone.
Hormazd wants to buy the V6 indica, or atleast get to testdrive it for next months overdrive . Well if wishes were horses....

The Tata Novas truck's toolbox has DAEWOO engraved on its tool box. A hindsight? Tried getting a pic but too dark(Black tookbox). Nevertheless the seat of that truck was more comfortable than that of a safari.

Maruti had displayed lots of swifts, dont know for what? The swift sports tail lamps are good looking. I hope if they dont get the new engine atleast get the new Tail lamps. Otherwise I found it to be a damp squib.

The bike stalls were nightmare because by the time I reached there crowds had started pouring in. This meant hell.

Met Arush at his stall, and got some good pics too. Great machines there.

The Webasto sunroof stall was very very crowded due to skimpily clad models doing fashion shows.

Got the address of a Bosch car servicing center in Noida, Continental automobiles. Will check if they do Fuel pump retuning and if they have wiper blades!

A japanese stall was selling Air freshners for 125$ a piece. No wonder he did not make any sales.

Osram has planned to come in a big way with its new range of Halogen lamps. They also have a Xenon kit which costs 19000 total.

Most people at bike stalls were clicking the girls sitting on the bikes rather than the bikes

Most people missed the classic car stall. I clicked the 1964 Mustang shining red well maintained. Pics on gallery too.

Overall the Expo was a damp squib compared to the older ones. We need more companies and better management. Poor lighting meant I had tough time clicking pics without flash. Flash means ruining the effect.
Old 16th January 2006, 12:27   #135
BHPian

hey TSK! lovely article, reading it have got a good overview how the expo is going on

Well thanx to all the ppl posting the pics and info here! enjoying them a lot!

I was supposed to be going to the Expo too, but last moment work springs up!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks