Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 15:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Scala

Full set of pics from ACI.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Scala-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20120817073323_autocarindiarenaultscalaspy01.jpg  

Renault Scala-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20120817073253_autocarindiarenaultscalaspy03.jpg  

Renault Scala-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20120817073306_autocarindiarenaultscalaspy05.jpg  

Renault Scala-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20120817073258_autocarindiarenaultscalaspy04.jpg  

Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: jp 0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_ExtraImages_20120817073311_autocarindiarenaultscalaspyinterior.jp (43.6 KB, 363 views)
Scorcher is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 15:38   #32
BHPian

identical twins, somehow the front looks better than the sunny, thanks for sharing.
Old 17th August 2012, 15:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

I agree with @TRANSAM, it looks much better than Sunny, & definitely looks upscale, bit more like elder sibling Fluence than ungainly Nissan cousin.
Old 17th August 2012, 16:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I agree with @TRANSAM, it looks much better than Sunny, & definitely looks upscale, bit more like elder sibling Fluence than ungainly Nissan cousin.
I agree. Interesting alloys and rear light design too. Helps to take away some of the dullness of the Sunny.
Old 17th August 2012, 17:01   #35
BHPian

The car looks much,much better than the SUNNY!
But, the front Hexagonal nose is similar to that of the Hyundai's fluidic design. Somewhat like the Verna's nose.
Old 17th August 2012, 18:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

So here is my question - given that in India, both Nissan & Renault share the factory, same products and almost identical pricing, why don't they share the A.S.S facilities? Wouldn't that give them both a much larger foot print to serve customers?
I'm not going into how feasible it is operationally given that dealers are different etc etc but strategically, shouldn't they be doing so? If they wanted to, they could have from the beginning. Or do they already and i'm unawares? :P

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 17th August 2012 at 18:26.
Old 17th August 2012, 18:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic job Renault !! It suddenly makes the Sunny look premium.
I have a feeling that many will fall for this car. The practicality of the Sunny is undisputed, it is the best chauffeur driven car in its segment.
Theres a bit of dzire and rapid in that butt !

Last edited by nik_kapur : 17th August 2012 at 18:28.
Old 18th August 2012, 15:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to Renault. After the initial failures, it is now trying hard to be a mainstream player; I believe Scala and Duster will help them achieve it.
Old 19th August 2012, 19:02   #39
BHPian

What'll be more better time than this to introduce it !!

-It looks more of like a New DZire from the Rear-end.
So, DZire owners can be easily swayed away by this car, both New & Old DZire seekers since it has already peeped into the DZire family look.

-Front looks like fusion of Renault Pulse & Fluence.
So, a fluence seeker with a tight budget & heavy heart can give a definite glance to this car, if standing beside the fluence.
While family front look like Pulse ensure family look & cheaper accidental parts replacement costs.
It'll also bridge-up the relation of Pulse to the Fluence.

-However, its Price-positioning closer to Duster(in between Pulse & Duster) will try to
retain the customers entering into the Renault showroom, which are turned-off by Duster long waiting periods.

All in all, this car will help Renault in acquiring more market share of Indian auto market.
Old 19th August 2012, 19:50   #40
BANNED

Wow the Scala is definitely far far better looking than the Sunny.

Now looks like renault is really pulling up their socks for the indian market.

But again pricing will play a important role for scala.

Well done Renault and Beware Nissan !
Old 19th August 2012, 20:42   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
identical twins, somehow the front looks better than the sunny, thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Wow the Scala is definitely far far better looking than the Sunny.
Now looks like renault is really pulling up their socks for the indian market.

But again pricing will play a important role for scala.

Well done Renault and Beware Nissan !
IMO, Renault and Nissan will be eating each others sales rather than trying to eat the Market's sales.
I doubt if they will price the Scalia better. I think they will follow the Pulse pricing policy and price Scalia a little above the Sunny to give that 'premium' positioning, just like they priced pulse above the Micra. If they follow this, then the Scalia will again be a flop just like the Pulse.

But yes, as both of you pointed out, the Scalia definitely looks better than the Sunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
What'll be more better time than this to introduce it !!

So, a fluence seeker with a tight budget & heavy heart can give a definite glance to this car, if standing beside the fluence.
It'll also bridge-up the relation of Pulse to the Fluence.
Yes, while it fills up the bridge between Pulse and Fluence, my question is, how many Fluence seekers are there in the market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
-However, its Price-positioning closer to Duster(in between Pulse & Duster) will try to
retain the customers entering into the Renault showroom, which are turned-off by Duster long waiting periods.

All in all, this car will help Renault in acquiring more market share of Indian auto market.
I think more than trying to position the price against the Duster, they should price this against the competition Etios, Sunny and Dzire.
However, I do not think many Duster customers would buy this vehicle because of long waiting periods. The Duster customers would go for some Other SUVs/MUVs in the price range primarily because people will be 'image conscious'
But the vice versa happening is a strong possibililty. People switching from the Sedan to the more premium Duster SUV. This though will be hindered by the long waiting periods of the Duster.

Last edited by himavanth_m : 19th August 2012 at 20:46.
Old 20th August 2012, 14:30   #42
BHPian

Looks like the alloys are a straight lift from the Pulse. Nonetheless, a smart(er) car by Renault.

In the case of Micra and Pulse, the design got differentiated by itself - majority of the women folk liked the Micra and the men preferredd the Pulse (Micra owners please excuse).

Wonder how the differentiation would be done in this case? Nissan used a brand ambassador for Micra while Renault made a generic ad. Nissan has already created a very interesting ad campaign for Sunny - wonder how Renault would counter it?
Old 23rd August 2012, 10:43   #43
BHPian

Spotted this Scala on Thane-Belapur road at around 9 am today.

Was driving alone, on way to office, could manage only this with my phone cam.

Also could not click pictures of front, but I can tell you, in flesh it looks even better than ACI pictures above.

Front looks very aggressive, better than Sunny & if only looks are to be considered, it can easily outsell Sunny.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Scala-scala.jpg  

S.MJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

IMO it is much better than the Fluence even merely because of the rear legroom. When I sat in Fluence's rear seat some time back I did not find it a spacious than what a Sunny is... & the front seat was adjusted to my height of 5'6". In fact I found the space in Fluence comparable to SX4 (but the interiors of Fluence were much better & fresh as compared to the SX4 & also the Sunny).

Scala offers much better value as compared to Fluence, & with ECU remap it can be better performer than the latter.
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:54   #45

Any idea if Renault is planning to launch Scala with Diesel AT. I am seriously looking at options. There is none except Verna at this moment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks