Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 16:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: March 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Did anyone notice that Verito alone has sold more units than all units of Renault combined. Not finding faults here, but something is definitely wrong with Renault marketing and strategies. First they almost killed the Logan before Mahindra put it on a ventilator.
amtak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 22:15   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is some cumulative sales info I got from various websites. I am not sure what all info does it include, neither can I vouch for the authenticity of these reports on numbers.

Highlight - Honda motorcycle trumped Bajaj to take over 2nd position [confirmed by both the companies].

Attachment 913591
More than the first four positions in the two-wheeler segment, I'm rather surprised that Yamaha has sold more two-wheelers than Suzuki here in India. I would have thought that the Suzuki Access scooter (with a huge waiting period) would have propelled sales of Suzuki.

Moreover, with Suzuki reportedly more established than Yamaha, I did not expect Suzuki to occupy the 6th slot.

By the way, any idea about the sales of Mahindra two-wheelers?

Last edited by misquitas : 9th April 2012 at 22:17.
Old 10th April 2012, 00:57   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
...Can you also publish the Force Motors figures as well? ...
We do frequently request for the Force numbers, but seems like these guys [Force] don't share the monthly numbers with the media!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
...By the way, any idea about the sales of Mahindra two-wheelers?
Mahindra Two Wheelers Ltd (MTWL) - 12,750 units

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th April 2012 at 01:02.
Old 10th April 2012, 04:56   #109
Senior - BHPian

How difficult is it for Force to count the number of 'ones' they do?!

I mean how hard can it be?! It will at most need one person to do the counting on two hands, perhaps with a few fingers still left over!!!
Old 11th April 2012, 13:45   #110
BHPian

Great analysis yet again!
Brio numbers indicate an impressive jump. XUV should have had bigger numbers... not sure why.
GTO > It will be interesting to see engine vendor wise who had the biggest share. I hope FIAT is making some money at least through this as their car sales in collaboration with TATA is pathetic.
Old 11th April 2012, 15:04   #111
BHPian

Force Motors sold 289 Force One, 1300 Trax, 1360 Traveller in March 2012. Constraint are in manufacturing F1 are being ironed out as plant is closed for 4 days in April to enhance capacity related issues.
007 Bond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 15:51   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Force Motors sold 289 Force One, 1300 Trax, 1360 Traveller in March 2012. Constraint are in manufacturing F1 are being ironed out as plant is closed for 4 days in April to enhance capacity related issues.
That is a pretty good number for F1 and even for Trax! Any idea why was Judo discontinued?
Old 12th April 2012, 09:27   #113
Senior - BHPian

Audi pips Merc to No. 2 in India

March 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-audi-pips-merc-no-2-india.jpg
Old 12th April 2012, 09:47   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Did anyone notice that Verito alone has sold more units than all units of Renault combined. Not finding faults here, but something is definitely wrong with Renault marketing and strategies. First they almost killed the Logan before Mahindra put it on a ventilator.
I think, Renault machines are targeting a very different segment of customers from what Verito/Logan does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
More than the first four positions in the two-wheeler segment, I'm rather surprised that Yamaha has sold more two-wheelers than Suzuki here in India. I would have thought that the Suzuki Access scooter (with a huge waiting period) would have propelled sales of Suzuki.

Moreover, with Suzuki reportedly more established than Yamaha, I did not expect Suzuki to occupy the 6th slot.
May be it is because Yamaha has a wider portfolio of products and they are very aggressive of late. Recently, the Yamaha people came to our apartment and conducted games for kids, competitions for ladies, etc., and gave away branded gifts like playing cards, coffee mugs, caps, etc.

Me thinks, Yamaha is as established as Suzuki in India. Suzuki was previously present as a JV with TVS.
Old 12th April 2012, 10:08   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
I think, Renault machines are targeting a very different segment of customers from what Verito/Logan does.
Agreed. However, what I meant to say is that they loose out big time on marketing their products. Look at Pulse sales; there is no advertising on Fluence or Koleos?
Old 12th April 2012, 13:59   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
This is another car to watch out for in coming months , because are coming up with ABS, EBD & AirBag version + alloy.
Old 12th April 2012, 15:38   #117
BHPian

What's wrong with Ford? Fiesta classic outselling the new Fiesta by a huge margin . They priced the figo correctly, and have just gone mad with the new Fiesta. Ford really needs to cut down the service cost and bring in more models.

Impressive numbers by the Verna and i20 in their respective segments.

Honda has finally got it right with the Brio, if only they reposition the Jazz and bring in diesel for Jazz and City soon.

I really don't like the Wagon R (even the facelifts) all these years, but they keep on selling impressive number year after year, that too only petrol avatar. There must be something special about it.
Old 12th April 2012, 18:18   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Audi pips Merc to No. 2 in India

Attachment 914973
Oh no...Audi overtaking Merc in India, oh c'mon.
What has really happened to Mercedes Benz?
Though it can be said for the fact that they have more profit margin as they sell more upscale models unlike BMW and Audi who build their sales on the 3er/X1 and A4/Q5 respectively, losing out to Audi is just shameful for Merc. Hope the new S and MFA family bring back the ales of Merc in India.
Old 12th April 2012, 18:28   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Oh no...Audi overtaking Merc in India, oh c'mon.
What has really happened to Mercedes Benz?
Though it can be said for the fact that they have more profit margin as they sell more upscale models unlike BMW and Audi who build their sales on the 3er/X1 and A4/Q5 respectively, losing out to Audi is just shameful for Merc. Hope the new S and MFA family bring back the ales of Merc in India.
In 2011, Audi crossed MB worldwide also.
In 2011
BMW - 1.38 Million
Audi - 1.3 Million
MB - 1.26 Million

Audi did this mainly by increasing their numbers in China and Russia as compared to MB.
Old 12th April 2012, 21:08   #120
Senior - BHPian

Audi dominates the chinese luxury market with nearly a quarter of their sales coming from china. This is what has helped Audi climb up the global luxury sales ladder. Also, in Europe they are entering new lower segments everyday...A1,A2, A3 etc...thus increasing volumes.

BMW is also going downmarket and have a couple of small city cars lined up for launch, this and Mini volumes have helped BMW lead the German luxury war.

Mercedes struggles here as their A & B class hasn't really been a roaring success.

But the Germans are heavily diluting their brands in desperation. It would be interesting to see how this pans out in the long run.

There are RUMORS that Audi and BMW are developing single cylinder diesel three wheelers.
While BMW have promised theirs to be a driver's auto compared to the Bajaj RE, Audi says fare paying passengers will be impressed by the teutonic interiors of their four ringed autorickshaw!!

Rahul Bajaj wasn't available for comment.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks