Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 02:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My head is spinning looking at this rendering! They could have tried to do something better to make it look better. All the reminds me of Chevy SRV and what a sexy car it was!!

The rear 3/4 is OK to look at, the side profile is atrocious! I like the regular Verito (refreshed) though. The chrome et al makes it look decent.
I agree with you, this look has some interesting possibilities. What if, Mahindra beefed up the wheel arches, put some cladding (like the Fabia scout), roof rails, raise the suspension, some chunky wheels and give us a Mahindra small SUV/cross over vehicle? Should look good I feel.

Can someone render the above on photoshop please?

Last edited by apachelongbow : 22nd March 2013 at 02:41.
Old 22nd March 2013, 07:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

I doubt the car will look anything like the rendering. There are some pics of Dacia logan hatch on romanian websites. I think this mini verito is going to be in similar lines (with M&M styling)

Image source: Romanian website

rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 10:18   #78
BHPian

Attractive in an 80s-sort of way, when things were simpler, straighter and honest.
Looking at the side profile, boot space should be awesome.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:39   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I agree with you, this look has some interesting possibilities. What if, Mahindra beefed up the wheel arches, put some cladding (like the Fabia scout), roof rails, raise the suspension, some chunky wheels and give us a Mahindra small SUV/cross over vehicle? Should look good I feel...
My suggestion would be on similar lines, to make it look more like a proper extended hatchback with good boot space. I am not sure would it have been a tough task for the designers as they HAD to chop an existing sedan.

Was looking at the rendering and trying to see the design from the side. Tried to draw a silhouette of the side profile and this is how it would look, is what my gut feel.

Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3-verito_hatch.jpg

Instead of the two steps at the back, they should have tried a linear thing - would have given a smooth feel to the rear.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd March 2013 at 12:41.
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Attractive in an 80s-sort of way, when things were simpler, straighter and honest.
Looking at the side profile, boot space should be awesome.
Actually that itself is the bad part, looking so 80s! If the sedan itself looked ancient, this one is making it look way more older.

What is it with manufacturers taking to this sub 4m rule by chopping off boots? Look at how many are now going this way giving us terrible looking products that don't sell. I can't think of any decent example that sells well except Dzire.

I rather prefer starting off with a Hatch and then making a sedan off it. At least its a practice that we have got used to and are much more accepting of. Not that it yields nice looking products anyways, just more acceptable.
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:18   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
...Image source: Romanian website

Looks kinda fugly but sure would be spacious. I can see INDICA competition in this.

This boxy structure sure wont attract individual buyers much but the taxi segment(for whom practicality matters more than anything else)
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:28   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt the car will look anything like the rendering. There are some pics of Dacia logan hatch on romanian websites. I think this mini verito is going to be in similar lines (with M&M styling)

Image source: Romanian website
I think, this may not be the actual model. Because the test mules we have spotted in India are similar to the recently posted rendering. Mainly the D-Pillar design is altogether different in both the models (the one photographed above and the testmules spotted in India).
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Looks kinda fugly but sure would be spacious. I can see INDICA competition in this.

This boxy structure sure wont attract individual buyers much but the taxi segment(for whom practicality matters more than anything else)
Taxi market is actually pretty big. Once ruled by Indica and the Sumo(changed to Qualis and now Innova etc.) But Indica/go was still rulling the charts until Logan challenged the sales. Now with Dzire, Etios threatening Logan itself, M&M is moving to sub 4m segment.

I must say among all the categories of buyers, taxi owners must be having good choice to choose from. Since every new launch looks as if it is being targetted for a taxi (Chevy sail, Enjoy, Logan, Manza CS, Dzire tour, Evalia etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I think, this may not be the actual model. Because the test mules we have spotted in India are similar to the recently posted rendering. Mainly the D-Pillar design is altogether different in both the models (the one photographed above and the testmules spotted in India).
Hope so man, that thing looks so ugly.. Hope M&M doesnt dissapoint us.
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:52   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taxi market is actually pretty big. Once ruled by Indica and the Sumo(changed to Qualis and now Innova etc.) But Indica/go was still rulling the charts until Logan challenged the sales. Now with Dzire, Etios threatening Logan itself, M&M is moving to sub 4m segment.
Yeah its big and kinda profitable if you ask me, both for car makers and govt. Reason :

A taxi registration for diesel car is valid for only 5 years(please correct me if am wrong). Which means post that they have to get a new car converting to better sales. And the registration charge for taxi is more than private cars which converts to better revenue.

Quote:
I must say among all the categories of buyers, taxi owners must be having good choice to choose from. Since every new launch looks as if it is being targetted for a taxi (Chevy sail, Enjoy, Logan, Manza CS, Dzire tour, Evalia etc.)
Precisely. Most of the makers now concentrate on these 3.
1.Mileage
2.Space
3.Comfort

And the taxi market is bothered with these ONLY, looks/performance barely matters to them. TATA has been having a dream run with the hideous looking INDICA range till mahindra and the likes came to spoil their party(currently TATA sales have nose-dived) with little better vehicles comparitively but they too cater mostly to taxi segment. As long as the cash registers keep ringing, I dont think they would bother much.
Old 6th April 2013, 13:18   #85
BHPian

Now motorbash has caught the verito cs looking like a hatch (Punto/vista like back end)!

http://motorbash.com/spied-doesnt-th...esemble-punto/
Old 6th April 2013, 15:45   #86
BHPian

Fiat UNO with a flattish rear end and tail lamp cluster on the C pillar. Verito CS for you. I have seen this car being tested on mumbai nashik highway
Old 11th April 2013, 09:44   #87
BHPian

According to Economic Times, Mahindra Verito hatchback would be branded as Mahindra Verito Vibe and priced in the range of Rs.6.0 lakhs. Not sure the authenticity of the news. The article says Verito Vibe will be launched in May.

More details are here..

Old 11th April 2013, 11:46   #88
BHPian

6 lac is too optimistic a price for this quirky variant. Unless there was some faux cladding masking the rear shape, it doesn't look too good eithers, purely a utilitarian vehicle to me, so price can't match the premium hatches. Even at Rs 5.50 lacs not too many would like to buy a strange looking vehicle when better options are available.
Old 11th April 2013, 15:03   #89
BHPian

I think the renderings looks very close to the camouflaged images, this look is in the BMW X6 space, only thing they need to sort out the Front look much better than what they did with Verito, otherwise it will be one more failure !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Yet another rendering of upcoming Mahindra Verito hatchback.

The concept looks decent I feel.

More images at Wheelosphere.org
Old 11th April 2013, 15:19   #90
BHPian

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the rear was the old Honda Civic Hatchback. Of course this was in the '80's and this used to be my neighbors car. I used to love the car at that point in time.

The rear of this car seems to be quite inspired from this one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks