Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2012, 19:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3

Pictures courtesy team fiat and motoroids

A camouflaged verito has been spied while undergoing testing. The post on the TFI as well as the link says its the CS variant, which should be launched soon. On carefully noticing, one can also notice the trunk lid which has a different shape compared to the current verito. Instead of number plate spacing at the rear bumper, its on the trunklid.
Attached Thumbnails
Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3-20120404_185314_719.jpg  

Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3-20120404_185557_281.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 9th April 2012 at 13:31. Reason: Small correction
sidindica is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 20:00   #2
BHPian

re: Spied: Mahindra Verito Compact Variant. EDIT : New PICS on Page 3

Whats the use of all this drama when they cannot even provide spares for existing cars?

Our car (Logan) had to wait 40 days for a replacement intercooler which was damaged in a minor accident. Finally the SVC had to manage with a secondhand intercooler since they couldn't get us a new one in NASIK! (MH-15). Yup thats the place all Veritos, including the one pictured above, are made!
antz.bin is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 12:58   #3
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Got to read this on Vicky.in

Quote:
A spy picture of Mahindra Verito CS was caught testing in Bangalore. The new Verito CS features a shortened boot and will measure less than 4 metres only. Hence, the excise bracket of the car will be just 10 per cent and will not be 24 per cent. It is expected that the Verito CS could feature the same existing diesel engine but the petrol engine may be either a 1.2-litre engine of Renault or the new petrol engine being developed for the Mini Xylo. The other details about its additional features and specifications are not known. Hope that Mahindra would neglect all the disadvantages of the existing Verito and give us the new Verito CS with lot of goodies and at an affordable price of less than Rs.30,000 to Rs.50,000 from its predecessor.
I don't think i will buy the Verito CS even if it comes loaded with goodies. The Taxi segment will continue to buy the CS at lower price.

Wonder if we would soon see a Etios CS?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th April 2012 at 04:15. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 12th April 2012, 01:31   #4
BHPian

IMHO, The above shown car in the pics is a Verito CS sedan.
Just check out the placement of the rear wheels, which are very close to the rear-most boundary of Rear Bumper.
Bootlid also seems to be Re-designed for CS version, alongwith with Re-designed tail-lamps & both of these latter are the biggest relief from the decade old design of stock Logan/Verito.
It does deserve a New front bumper, grille & Head-lights though, alongwith Re-designed Interiors Centre console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Wonder if we would soon see a Etios CS?
What an Idea sirjee..
Alongwith Etios CS, Micra/Sunny CS version also does makes alot of sense.
As difference between Micra & Sunny is >2 lacs INR. So slotting a Compact sedan based heavily on Micra does makes a huge sense.
Nissan is having everything now with them, like Investments, Brand appeal, Right Products, Right market & especially Right time to take on the Indian market share with aplomb.

But Etios still needs a serious re-think over its Interiors design & fit-finish to take head-on its rivals.
TRD kits also seems to be of little help to boost out the latter.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 12th April 2012 at 01:45. Reason: Text content addition
Old 12th April 2012, 02:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

M&M Might as well launch a made good looking hatch of Verito, why go the 'CS' route etc.
Would open up new market for them and with good price points can sell well.
Old 12th April 2012, 10:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Wish this does not come with type of grill.
Yes, I agree for the interiors of Etios. When I had a TD I understood the art of making less pricier cars, which has come handy for Maruti.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 13:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Verito is now priced quite competitively, though too late in the day. The CS is going to tilt the price further in its favour. Wide-bodied Verito is a better alternative to Indigo CS, even for the unorganised rental car segment.

Will be interesting to watch.
Old 14th April 2012, 22:40   #8
BHPian

Looks interesting ... Will this be an Indigo/DZire beater?
Old 8th July 2012, 18:45   #9
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Launching later this month.

Sub 4-Metre Mahindra Verito Launch On 25th July 2012 | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Old 9th July 2012, 11:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

I personally felt that the verito (and logan ofcourse) had a boxy structure. They look like designs from a decade ago. Now bringing a compact version would further increase this trait and hence wont please customers other than from the taxi segment (personal opinion, no offences).
But this can surely be a great competition to the indigo cs in the taxi market.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:38   #11
BHPian

Oh no! Whats with this obsession with the boot-jobs? Another CS version and I am sure this is going to join the league of ugly duckling CS' already running on our roads. First the Indigo CS, then the new DZire and now this. They all look downright ugly and disproportionate. I think the GOI should frame a new rule saying that all CS' need to be taxed higher with a special tax for causing an eye-sore. Else, tomorrow, we would find Alto CS, i20CS and even a nano CS.
Old 10th July 2012, 11:16   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post

What an Idea sirjee..
Alongwith Etios CS, Micra/Sunny CS version also does makes alot of sense.
As difference between Micra & Sunny is >2 lacs INR. So slotting a Compact sedan based heavily on Micra does makes a huge sense.
Wow! A Sunny CS! They would probably have to remove the boot altogether to get that car under the 4 m limit!
Old 10th July 2012, 16:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Wow! A Sunny CS! They would probably have to remove the boot altogether to get that car under the 4 m limit!
And that would make it look as if the Micra got itself an eye and lip job.

Jokes apart, the Vertio/Logan had a gem of an engine and I personally know a few people who have been driving all their life, and still believe the Logan had best diesel engine ever! Plonk that engine in a small car and it would do wonders for Mahindra.
Old 10th July 2012, 18:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

CS thing is getting on my nerves. Let there be a sedan or a Hatch.

Not something which looks like it got rammed on behind.

Already the new Dzire's running amok all around is making me feel sad on the pitiable state of mind of Indian car buyers.
Just in the name of a Sedan what is going around is a car with no boot to speak of. If this goes on then soon we will have Maruti release a version where just the words "Boot" will be written and Indians will lap it up because it has a boot and hence is a big car.
download2live is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 05:42   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live
CS thing is getting on my nerves. Let there be a sedan or a Hatch.

Not something which looks like it got rammed on behind.

Already the new Dzire's running amok all around is making me feel sad on the pitiable state of mind of Indian car buyers.
Just in the name of a Sedan what is going around is a car with no boot to speak of. If this goes on then soon we will have Maruti release a version where just the words "Boot" will be written and Indians will lap it up because it has a boot and hence is a big car.
Well said, I will not even look at dzire at all even if it was the only car manufactured, sorry dzire fans, no hard feelings.

Most Viewed