Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 17:18   #46
BHPian

Re: Online Driving Test (in English & Marathi). Try it, and educate yourself on the r

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Few questions I failed to understand.

A sign of cattle in triangle means

Cattle Prohibited
Give away
One way
Cattle

Correct answer is 4th. Welcome to India.

While Driving Motorcycle, arm signals be given by

Left Hand only
Right Hand Only
Not neccessary
As per Drivers convenience

I thought 4th was correct answer but its 2nd.

I scored 70% and passed the test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0lf View Post
Signaling on two wheelers should be made with the right hand. The idea is to let go of the throttle so the speed starts reducing. However, if one is turning left, one should obviously use the left hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by safety4all View Post
Hand signal should invariably be given by Right Hand only.
(how would one give a hand signal if driving a car and desires to turn left?)
and i thought we have "indicators" for that! or don't we? how it could be that everyone forgot about indicators! guys Indicators are used for indicating the turn. keep your hands on bike.

and that Cattle sign is same through out the world. it is to warn you about Cattle crossing the road.

Last edited by Suess : 20th April 2012 at 17:37.
Old 20th April 2012, 22:48   #47
BHPian

Re: Online Driving Test (in English & Marathi). Try it, and educate yourself on the r

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
Got 9/10 correct in my second attempt.
Excellent initiative Safety4all, keep it up! And, thanks Jalsa777 for bringing us an excellent link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety4all View Post
Hand signal should invariably be given by Right Hand only.
(how would one give a hand signal if driving a car and desires to turn left?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Simple. Stretch your right hand, extend your index finger and point it down, fold the other fingers and then keep turning the wrist anticlockwise 3 times at least.
Yep, that's right - however, I don't think safety4all was asking the question in that context; he was basically justifying the right hand usage using the car scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0lf View Post
True, but the question was specific to motorcycles and I have seen riders signalling with the left hand while throttling. If u ask me, I'd take signaling from any hand considering that a majority of motorcycle riders never signal.
Isn't it? Given these days, forget the signals, no consideration given to their or others life on the road; however, it's applicable not just for motorcycles but all kind of vehicles plying on the road - especially lorries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
That is how it is practiced, but it is not correct by the rule. I am surprised, this was not checked at the time of your two-wheeler license test. As per rule, you have to use right hand irrespective of vehicle you are using.
Yes, not just for two wheelers but even for four wheelers, hand signals are adviced as per law (sadly, it has to catch up the technological advancement such as turn indicators)!
Surprisingly, hand signals are still in use even in developed countries. Basically, right hands are used on left-side traffic (like ours, UK) and left hands are used on right-side traffic (like US, Germany).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashphil View Post
An excellent idea! With most parents buying their teenaged high school going children a motorised vehicle, including such tests into their curriculum will definitely serve to develop responsible road users. I will take this up at the next Parent teacher Association meeting of the institution where my son studies. I would encourage all team-bhpians with kids to do this. It will be one massive step for encouraging road user discipline.
Regards,
Ashok
Certain schools already include these (albeit not extensively) under civics and social studies, but if made universal to all schools will really help bring some sanity for next generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Absurd. If this is the level of testing required to get a license, then we have a SERIOUS problem.
Relax, a full fledged license is not given at once. Even the real learners license test that I took several years back had much more questions than the 6/10 used as pass criteria in the link. (Actually, some still manage to get a license even without giving any tests; few others don't even think a license is needed. What do you say for them?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suess View Post
and i thought we have "indicators" for that! or don't we? how it could be that everyone forgot about indicators! guys Indicators are used for indicating the turn. keep your hands on bike.

and that Cattle sign is same through out the world. it is to warn you about Cattle crossing the road.
Funny, but there are such obsolete laws do exist a plenty. Here's another one: The headlamps should have either a black dot at the center or a black stripe covering the top half. The modern headlamps as well as the bulbs themselves sport shading to prevent direct shine (however, even with reflectors they are powerful enough to melt your cornea). Putting these black dots doesn't help much and the black stripe on top half only hinders the low beam as high beams shine via lower half!
Old 20th April 2012, 22:58   #48
BHPian

I took the test today, I cleared all with 100% Marks, in First Attempt
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

A very nice effort, though my only concern is that the questions are too simple. They should be slightly more challenging. Not Einstein level but something more tougher than this. And the number of questions should also be more. However, this is still a great way to educate people and newbie drivers.

I gave the test today and scored 90% in the first attempt. I didn't have a problem of correct answers getting marked as incorrect, so I guess that most of the bugs/wrong answers have been ironed out.

Thanks to Mr Sameer Shaikh for taking the initiative.

Online Driving Test (in English & Marathi). Try it, and educate yourself on the rules-test.jpg
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 11:49   #50
BHPian

for the first time in my life i scored a 100 percent and that too without cheating and furthermore on my first attempt, not bad i guess, this is a good means for getting some road related iq in a fun manner in stark contrast to the test we have to give at the regional rto while getting a license ( some would know who didnt hired the services of a pimp for procuring a driving license) anyway thanks for forwarding a fun link.
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:10   #51

Nice initiative by Sameer Saikh. hanks Jalsa777 for providing the link. Gave the test and got through with 100%. Am going to pass this on to my friends and family so they can also try it and gain some knowledge about road signs.
Old 22nd April 2012, 13:59   #52
BHPian

Its a real good way to educate new drivers. Took the test and got 80% in my 1st attempt. But one question really confused me:

While Driving Motorcycle, arm signals be given by:
-Left Hand only
-Right Hand Only
-Not necessary
-As per Drivers convenience

I thought "Not Necessary" was the right answer. But the correct answer was "Right Hand Only" and as asr245 rightly pointed out, it is not safe practice. what are signal indicators for????
Attached Thumbnails
Online Driving Test (in English & Marathi). Try it, and educate yourself on the rules-ll-test.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2012, 21:42   #53

Can you Distinguish between Red Signal and Green Signal?

About 13 million people in India are Color Blind and they often can't see the difference between a red and a green light.

Are you Color Blind?
Here is a short test to find out!
Click here LLRtest | Facebook

Color Blindness, medically known as Daltonism or deuteranopia is a common malady, especially among men. Color vision deficiency is defined as the inability to perceive differences between some or all colors that other people can easily distinguish. Most often it’s genetic, but it can be caused by other reasons.

This handicap has always been ignored. But it shouldn't be. There are an estimated 10 million colorblind people driving cars in the US and they often can't see the difference between a red and a green light.
Old 6th May 2012, 15:20   #54

Be Safe. Be Seen.Online Driving Test (in English & Marathi). Try it, and educate yourself on the rules-411069_136961723102744_100003667521952_153421_1409599116_o.jpg
Old 8th May 2012, 03:13   #55
BHPian

Hah! I passed too. I scored 70%, so its just pass! Could not take a screen shot as i could not find the paint application on my new Win 7 laptop. But i passed and I am happy about that. I remember when I was given the sign booklet by the RTO when I went for my LL long time ago. Its amazing how we take all those signs for granted! Well thanks to this post, I am going to buy a new road sign book tomorrow and just browse through it. It's good to know them anyways!

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 8th May 2012, 03:41   #56
BHPian

Excellent link and a wonderful way to learn the rules for newbies. I got 70% in the first attempt though I should admit that it made me a bit nervous with a few questions. Thanks for sharing this link.
Old 30th May 2012, 14:53   #57
BHPian

This is a nice site. The test is short and sweet. For all those guys who enjoyed this, I would suggest you to register and try the AP government transport department's LLR practice and mock test site, Welcome to LLR Practice & Mock Test -APTD. This provides the full list of questions used by transportation department categorized into various sections along with their explanations.
Attached Thumbnails
Online Driving Test (in English & Marathi). Try it, and educate yourself on the rules-llrmocktest.png  

Old 8th September 2015, 12:21   #58
BHPian

Which Driving Personality are you? A fun online psychological test

I found this online 'driving personality' test quite revealing and entertaining.
Its from Goodyear.

Be truthful when you take it

Here the link to the test itself: https://www.playbuzz.com/goodyear10/...nality-are-you
Old 8th September 2015, 12:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Driving Personality are you? A fun online psychological test

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuc View Post
I found this online 'driving personality' test quite revealing and entertaining.
Its from Goodyear.

Be truthful when you take it

Here the link to the test itself: https://www.playbuzz.com/goodyear10/...nality-are-you
Took the test. Here it goes

Online Driving Test (in English & Marathi). Try it, and educate yourself on the rules-personality.png
Old 8th September 2015, 13:10   #60
BHPian

Re: Which Driving Personality are you? A fun online psychological test

Took the test with honest answers and got this

Name:  Philospher.png
Views: 2000
Size:  166.8 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks